• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SW200 not auto-winding

falarge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/9/12
Hi I have a AP Diver V3 with SW200 movement. It manually winds but for some reason it does not auto wind anymore. Any answers ????

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Hi I have a AP Diver V3 with SW200 movement. It manually winds but for some reason it does not auto wind anymore. Any answers ????

Did the rotor come detached ?

Or you got a stuck or bad reverser in the autowind module

falarge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/9/12
I have not taken back off as I had watch waterproofed. It works fine and winds manually, its just that the auto wind not working, shaken it a lot. I presume I will have to take to a watchsmith ?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
well if you are unsure of how to do it yourself, that would be the best option.

Im pretty sure its one of those 2 things.....

EDIT: it could actually be one other thing that i could think of too.

One of the movement clamp screws might have come loose a little bit and is binding the rotor

Spiker

Known Member
9/5/11
I have a Selitta SW200 on an Oris Aquis. I find when the watch is dead the rotor spins ok, once there is tension it barely moves at all, it's very stiff. I was concerned about this but my research shows it's typical for this movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wankerkim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/13
I've got a sw200 in a sinn st sa 104, and I experience something similar. I can get a full 40 hrs off manual wind, but only about half of that went leaving it on a watch winder. Whereas my eta 2824's don't have this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mungo Magic

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/3/16
I have the same problem, is there any service/repairers in uk who will deals with reps.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I have the same problem, is there any service/repairers in uk who will deals with reps.

You have the same problem because you are the same person !

too funny you commented on your own thread !