• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2009 Hall of Fame Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
It's that time of the year... time for the 2009 Hall of Fame induction ceremonies... this year, we are going to allow preliminary voting by the board... top 5 vote getters move to the final ballot and 3 will be chosen to be selected...

2008's inductees were cybee, takashi, and andreww...

The member's on the preliminary ballot are:

1. daytona4me
2. LegendofSpeed
3. Klink
4. Pugwash
5. fakemaster
6. babola
7. TwoTone
8. Hooligan
9. Angus (Puretime)
10. R2D4

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
Klink FTW !!

If for nothing other then the headaches that he caused.

:)

Life is good

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
D4M and Fakey. :)
Maybe Gio for his pics which are always on the edge... :)

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Do we get a rundown of WHY they are considered meber of the year? Like save some lowly 21j reps from an inferno. or deliver a baby and got the thier candid picture taken in the process and post it as awrist shot as the baby entered the world?
Just wondering what the criteria would be.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
My bad....errrr hall of fame. Now I see that some oldie but goodies that are up there that rarely post.
Its the pain meds, if they are not making me homicidal, I'm a bit ditzy, like a Lonnie Anderson ditzy after a bong hit.

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
For all those wondering about the Hall of Fame credentials...

1. daytona4me - Bore the brunt of the drm-master exodus and the chaos that ensued... has become a champion of lowering prices lately as a quasi-dealer...

2. LegendofSpeed - Took over the day to day running of RWI to take the load off D4M...... Puts in mucho time and is the guy behind all those gen raffles you love so much.....

3. Klink - Although he had to be banned, he is someone who a lot of people still have a great deal of respect for. Almost synonymous with RWI, at least the infancy of RWI... whether he did more harm than good in the end can be debated, but he will always be a legend....

4. Pugwash - Over 7k posts full of a lot of knowledge... it is too bad that he is not anywhere near as active as before but early contributions can not be ignored...

5. fakemaster - On the ballot due to his exhaustive spam dealer list... many members have come to RWI by virtue of an internet search that displayed that list as a hit...

6. babola - Another early RWI legend.... an encyclopedia of Panerai knowledge when many did not have the information at their disposal they have now...

7. TwoTone - Former RWI staffmember who has gone on to a position of high standing at RWG... a man of respect in the replica community in general, and in RWI in particular...

8. Hooligan - A longtime RWI staffmember who has always been even-keeled... has always worked hard at improving the forum, whether it be through his knowledge of Panerai and other replicas or through his duties as an admin...

9. Angus (Puretime) - Being one of most tenured dealers on RWI with a consistency of service that should be used as the model for any other potential dealers...

10. R2D4 - If everyone in the world had half of his heart, the world would be a greater place... There are few people who have as much of a love for the community of RWI as R2D4... He throws himself headfirst into everything with a passion to be admired by the membership...

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Ahhhhh...makes voting that much easier...
Someone admin please pencil in LOS contribution!

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
the only reason I endorsed Klink is because well.... he was like you said a huge part of the drama of this year ... actually a really huge part of the drama.

+ everyone else on the list is still around - and thus.. can be voted for next year or so.

Honestly - I think every one of the ppl on the list should be honoured ..

- But, as stated above - you have my reason to pick klink for this years most influential person.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I voted for 4 members on the prelim ballot.

To this day I list RWI Hall of Fame Inductee on my business resume. It looks very impressive and never ceases to spark a conversation.

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Fakie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The one the only.

And CBR

I don't understand why Klink is even on here. Unless I miss read stuff wasn't he just newly allowed back????? Please correct me if I am wrong as I am not trying to dump it on anyone.

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
The Hall of Fame is like any other Hall of Fame... it's for the legends of RWI... the forum has been around for almost 4 years...

For the members who were here in 2006-8, we know Klink quite well.... and know why he is up there...

He was also the first to 10k posts... quite a feat...

Status
Not open for further replies.