• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sales Rules - M2M Refunds Addendum

Nivenj

15/6/14
UK
Having re-read the Sales Rules, I dont see anything that covers M2M refunds (apologies if I have missed it)

An example sales recently saw a Seller refund a buyer who had subsequently changed their mind on purchase.

Seller refunded, and buyer was notified of refund, but now is awaiting payment back into his account due to Paypal hold. Its now out of the Seller and Buyers control.

Ive seen some sales where this has not had an impact and the Seller can move on to the next person ready to buy, on this particular one the seller is having to wait until the hold Paypal has imposed on putting the funds back into the buyers account is complete.

I think it would be great, if we could document in the Sales rules what the process covering such situations should be, just so sellers, buyers and mods are able to work to the same framework?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
The sale you are talking about is on hold for a totally different reason than the paypal hold on the funds.
Usually that kind of buyer remorse is handled in PM between buyer & seller and it works well.

It never seemed to be an issue before, I don't think or even see how we could rule this.

But the sale rules needs a good revamp for clarity, not the text itself who is clear, but the organizing of the posts and topics. But this is on the never ending list of things to do and no time to do them :lol:

Reactions: P..DR..D

Nivenj

15/6/14
UK
Thanks Glaude, not specifically about that post (although re-reading it does state its on staff hold until the refund is received), just more in general terms.

I agree it hasnt been an issue until now, but it does highlight the inconsistency of the decision, and i just thought maybe some guidance would be of benefit so everyone is applying and working towards a common set of ideas?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
We do not share all the details of a hold on a sale if those details can hurt in any way the positive resolution of the sale, whether it be for the buyer or the seller, if we don't want nosy people preventing us from doing our task quietly, we state a "disclosable" reason, like in this case.

Decisions will be inconsistent, because they are best treated on case by case basis, setting up such a rule will lead to more issue than anything else, the absence of this rule has worked great until now.

We won't fix something that is not broken, there's already enough broken thing to fix

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
No need for a rule revision and/or addition. It's best to stay out of things you don't fully understand such as the aforementioned sales thread.

Reactions: Glaude and P..DR..D

Nivenj

15/6/14
UK
OK fine. Completely missing the point though. Im only referring to the thread as it highlights the problem, I have my own opinion on how thats been handled but trying not to muddy the waters as its not about that. But ok, sorry for making any suggestion on how to improve. My bad.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
OK fine. Completely missing the point though. Im only referring to the thread as it highlights the problem, I have my own opinion on how thats been handled but trying not to muddy the waters as its not about that. But ok, sorry for making any suggestion on how to improve. My bad.

Apology accepted.

Nivenj

15/6/14
UK
Apology accepted.

Thanks. I really appreciate your personal acceptance. It really is members like you who make this place what it is and such a joy to be part of. Your insight and constructive comments are always welcome, especially from me. Thanks again.

Reactions: MSC19

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks. I really appreciate your personal acceptance. It really is members like you who make this place what it is and such a joy to be part of. Your insight and constructive comments are always welcome, especially from me. Thanks again.

You are very welcome Junior. I think I will follow you for more riveting, insightful posts as to how this forum should be operated. You are an inspiration to all of us. I love you.