• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Decorum on the Forum!

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Decorum on the Forum!
How about making it a rule that there is no swearing, trolling, gaslighting etc on the forum.

I have just read a post that has unnecessary insults and language in it and it's.... well, just not cricket really! Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude, I'm a builder and can tell you that I use all the bad language that is known to man, but when I joined this forum I found the gentlemanly politeness an absolute delight, members called each other Sir, people said please and thank you, mostly people were respectful of other peoples opinions, after all, like they say, opinions are like as****les... every bodies got one!! You see what I did there, I swore without swearing. Now it's true that I have indeed been trolled here and I reacted badly by telling the offending member to go f**k himself (see, I did it again!) On retrospect I regret my choice of words as I myself am indeed part of the problem. But I have now made it a personal rule that I shall not react like that again if a similar instance was to arise in the future.

SO ......

out of interest I would like to generate as many likes as possible for this post as a litmus test to see if maybe the forum could be used with a little more decorum in mind.

I thank you good Sirs and bid you farewell!

Reactions: macarone

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
A no swearing, being rude, insulting people rule.

Who would enforce that rule - you thinking like a forum police patrol ?

Reactions: Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I was just ready to blast someone, you stopped me lol. Seriously, good post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could always nominate this fine individual to the post of social decorum patrol officer.....

giphycf28e50fd25f47b9.gif

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
....but on a serious note, if someone is out of line just tag a mod and they have always intervened when someone is past the line of acceptable behavior. We are dealing with people from all over the world with different sociatial norms and levels of english ability so I accept when someone is less then eliquant in their prose. Not all can be as enlightened as us.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Try not to be so offended by the swearing thing, it's just your intellectual betters illustrating their intelligence ;)

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...telligence-university-rochester-a7916516.html

This place is just a reflection of the world we live in. People can be rude, people can be unkind, people often swear. Don't take it to heart. And definitely don't expect someone to police it! Report the rare occasions when things get out of hand and the Mods will sort it - without needing a new set of rules.

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Try not to be so offended by the swearing thing, it's just your intellectual betters illustrating their intelligence ;)

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...telligence-university-rochester-a7916516.html

This place is just a reflection of the world we live in. People can be rude, people can be unkind, people often swear. Don't take it to heart. And definitely don't expect someone to police it! Report the rare occasions when things get out of hand and the Mods will sort it - without needing a new set of rules.

Ha Ha, i'm a seriously bright individual!

Reactions: GingerBubba