• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI on Safari

chiefcptluxe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
Hi there

I‘m a long time reader.
is it just me or is RWI on Apple/Safari iPhone iPad slow?

on Pc/Chrome its far superior.

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Using Safari on my IMAC.......no issues. Load and post times are pretty speedy. I have not tried it on my iPad or phone, though.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Just tried on my iPhone and iPad, normal for me.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
You might have tried it at a little lag time, they are less and less frequent though, if you are able to reproduce the slowness over a couple of days, please PM me with your Safari version info

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Ive got an older iPad that Apple are not supporting anymore, just a scam to make you buy a new one the thieving bastards, I cannot update the IOS or safari, and I have a lot of problems especially on picture heavy posts, Safari often crashes.

im loathed to buy a new one and pay a premium for their products just for them to make a perfectly good machine obsolete when they want more money...rant over

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Chrome too ?

Is that chrome on iPad?

i cannot download chrome because it needs a newer IOS than I've got amd I cannot upgrade because of Apple

I've got and use chrome on an android tablet and its runs faultless so maybe it's just an apple thing

Reactions: chiefcptluxe

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Oh yeah the good ol' "you need to upgrade" message when you want to install almost every app.
Apple forces a lot of developer on the appstore to require a OS upgrade to run apps

Ditch that silly iPad ;)

Reactions: chiefcptluxe

chiefcptluxe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
Ive got an older iPad that Apple are not supporting anymore, just a scam to make you buy a new one the thieving bastards, I cannot update the IOS or safari, and I have a lot of problems especially on picture heavy posts, Safari often crashes.

im loathed to buy a new one and pay a premium for their products just for them to make a perfectly good machine obsolete when they want more money...rant over

Thats the Problem with apple after 3-4 years.

My old ipad got from one day to another slow like a turtle ...
battery all was fine..

i had to buy an air 3 now and it works
for that price it has to work :D