• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pictures - Attaching Pics in DM AND Attaching pics via taptslk.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
So I noticed that I can’t attach pics in a direct message. At least in Tapatalk. Every time I do, I get the message “this feature has been disabled by your forum admin” and I assumed it was a feature that costs more $ so admin decided to disable it. But I get DMs that have pics attached. It’s possible they’re attaching them a different way. I don’t know. But I would like to. Know that is, This has been going on for a while and I was curious so I just decided to post this.

Also, a separate, new, and unrelated issue not worthy of its own thread (yet), I am having an issue with Tapatalk where I can’t attach any pics at all. Every time time I try (over the last few days) I just get an “attachment upload failed”. Is anyone else having this issue lately? I’ve tried everything. Restarting the app, restarting the devices, uninstalling and reinstalling Tapatalk. Does anyone know what to do with this? Any advice is appreciated. Or if other people are having this issue, please let me know so I don’t feel so alone.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
“this feature has been disabled by your forum admin”

Well, that's not the case, Tapatalk handle picture completely outside of our forum, they host them and add the direct link into your post, we have not done anything against that.

Reading your other issue, they may have a temporary and not global (meaning not everyone is affected, yet) with pictures, that could explain both of those issues you are facing

Hazing

9/5/19
Glaude thanks for replying. Yes, I did not think it was actually disabled for me. I did think something happened because I thought I remembered sending pics using taptalk via dm (in fact, I think that is why I started using Tapatalk) but then it just stopped working and that has been going on for a while.

This other issue with taptalk and posting posting pics is new. Like the last two days and the two problems are completely different. The app is responding differently to each. So what do you think, glade? Is there a way to fix these? Or at least the second issue!

I should probably just just give it a few days because there is always some issue with taptalk. Which sucks but on the bright side, the problems usually only last a few days before it is traded for a different problem.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Unfortunately, I can't recommend a fix as this is an app and there's nothing you can do to tweak it or "correct" it, you've already tried everything I would have suggested.

Nothing has changed on the forum regarding Tapatalk since quite a long time, so we know the problem isn't on our side

Hazing

9/5/19
Thank you. Like all the problems in taptalk, hopefully it will only last a few days.

In thr mena time, just for my own curiosity, I’m going to test out a few pics in other forums. Let me see if I can isolate the problem. Thank you.

Hazing

9/5/19
I am attempting to post a pic. It's interesting because every time I went to post a pic in here, I would get a message that said "upload image failed" or something like that. I assumed it was taptalk. What I had to do was just go back and edit immediately after and just add the pic. No big deal.

I just went over to rwg to test these issues and it posted pics. On the first attempts. No editing or anything.

So both issues seem to be wit rwi. Is there settings that I possibly checked accidentally disabling pics or something? Just curious.

But mainly, this is just a test post.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
RWI and RWG doesn't use the same forum software, so they could have an issue with their Vbulletin connector and not with the Invision PowerBoard connector.
Vbulletin is harder to work with and they may not even have seen that there's an issue with that.

We really don't mess with Tapatalk because it's always negating all our effort to keep the forum secure and maintain as we want

Hazing

9/5/19
Okay thanks, pal. I just thought because it was working in one forum and not the other, then maybe it was something that I could fix. Taptalk emailed me and maybe if there is a problem, they can fix or help me fix. I appreciate the help.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
For your information, we just made an update to the tapatalk plugin, this update may be able to resolve the issues you were facing.