• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I’m not a robot

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Are all members supposed to click on nice little pictures before they can post?

This will be my last time wtf

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
I haven't seen this yet but hopefully it's a temporary measure to stop the spammers.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska

We are trying out new anti-spam tools as we have been targeted by major spammers lately. When things like this pop up please contact a mod and we can look to get it fixed. Thanks.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida

One extra.click to keep the site.clean. I am a fan. Maybe a way for VIP or supporters to bypass and make the noobier members earn their stripes!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

How about you talk better to start with ?

Yes indeed it's a new feature to prevent spamming, hopefully it's temporary one but if it has to stay to prevent spamming, it'll stay.

This feature is only targeting regular non-supporter members, not because they are not supporters, but because the spammers aren't so they fall in the same category and there's no way around that.

We are actively trying to stop the spamming and hopefully the captcha will disappear quickly, but your post and the way you made it, isn't nice at all.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
In Tapatalk, I tried to post a pic but it's not going through maybe because of this anti spam tool, that we need to tick before we can post wherein I can'n find it in the app

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
In Tapatalk, I tried to post a pic but it's not going through maybe because of this anti spam tool, that we need to tick before we can post wherein I can'n find it in the app

Tapatalk isn't liking the anti spam feature, but it's a bug as it's suppose to support all out of the box function of Vbulletin, so nothing we can do on that, as said in a previous thread in this section, the more people contact Tapatalk about that issue, the quicker they could fix it

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Tapatalk isn't liking the anti spam feature, but it's a bug as it's suppose to support all out of the box function of Vbulletin, so nothing we can do on that, as said in a previous thread in this section, the more people contact Tapatalk about that issue, the quicker they could fix it

Got it! =) Thank you Glaude =)

Reactions: Glaude

Nikosaldente

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/6/16

Tapatalk was the "backdoor" that spammers used the last time that both RWI and RWG were attacked, if I'm not mistaken!

Take any measures necessary to keep both places safe mate!
;)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Tapatalk was the "backdoor" that spammers used the last time that both RWI and RWG were attacked, if I'm not mistaken!

Take any measures necessary to keep both places safe mate!
;)

Thanks mate !

I know that most people are understanding of the issue and what needs to be done, but for those who don't : It's not by pleasure that I activated the captcha on posts, it's an attempt to reduce the spamming, it's currently not super effective but it do slow them a bit.

The forum is 100% safe from a hacking point of view, this is just spam, it's a pain and gave us a lot more work, but there's no security issue on the forum.

I could also have activated a security question, and that would have been way more a pain for member to post, but I didn't as I feel captcha is a good compromise, even if a little bit less effective.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

I'm with you dude. RWI Staff a-holes! Really? They want $35 to enjoy this forum with unlimited watch sales? F 'em. I'm not supporting the forum, and I refuse to use an extra step to post with my free membership.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Thanks mate !

I know that most people are understanding of the issue and what needs to be done, but for those who don't : It's not by pleasure that I activated the captcha on posts, it's an attempt to reduce the spamming, it's currently not super effective but it do slow them a bit.

The forum is 100% safe from a hacking point of view, this is just spam, it's a pain and gave us a lot more work, but there's no security issue on the forum.

I could also have activated a security question, and that would have been way more a pain for member to post, but I didn't as I feel captcha is a good compromise, even if a little bit less effective.

Appreciated all the measures taken as I know Dave took out hundreds of these...waste of time and energy on those wankers

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Appreciated all the measures taken as I know Dave took out hundreds of these...waste of time and energy on those wankers

Yup Dave handled a lot of deleting, but all the staff had their hand full of those astrologer spammers, mysterio , QueTip , Steelfish deserve some special mention too as they were dealing with them in live too and not always with the proper tools to do the job (but this has been corrected since !)

I wonder if I could contact those guy that pretend they can do everything for you, and ask them if they can help me with my spam problem

Reactions: QueTip

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
So the goat pill supplements weren’t real? That’s another $50 down the drain

Reactions: sn95

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I'm all for anti-spam functions, as long as I don't need to solve 3 picture puzzles with 10 extra clicks to make a post.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I'm all for anti-spam functions, as long as I don't need to solve 3 picture puzzles with 10 extra clicks to make a post.

Yeah, but the point of the anti spam is that it's difficult ... if it's easy, it's worthless...

Google have an awesome Invisible Captcha, but no Vbulletin version currently support it

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Glaude 's working what's left of his left nut off in finding a permanent solution to put a stop to these arsewipes.....I'm sure captcha's a right PITA at the mo' for regular members.....but hopefully that'll merely be a short term stop gap. fingers_crossed.gif

Yup Dave handled a lot of deleting, but all the staff had their hand full of those astrologer spammers, mysterio , QueTip , Steelfish deserve some special mention too as they were dealing with them in live too and not always with the proper tools to do the job (but this has been corrected since !)

I wonder if I could contact those guy that pretend they can do everything for you, and ask them if they can help me with my spam problem

Yeah.....it's certainly been a "fun" ride mate.....it goes without saying that others such as trailboss99 / C Master (whoever he is) / Cicero etc have been heading these fuckers off at the pass as well. karate.gif