• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trouble connecting to RWI - Bad Gateway 502 Error

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Anyone else having this issue? For the past several days, the RWI site will frequently not load for me. It tries to load for a couple minutes, then times out and returns a 502 error. I've gotten this error about 100 times in 2 days. I know that this error can sometimes be the fault of the user's PC, network, or ISP. I do not believe this to be the case due to the following:

RWI is the only site I get the error with.
I get the error across 3 platforms, all with different operating systems (PC, phone. tablet), and different connection protocols (internet and 4G cellular).
I have done all the suggested fixes in the attached article without improving the situation.

I thought I should post about this to let the admins know, and to document it for others.

https://www.lifewire.com/502-bad-gat...lained-2622939

trailboss99

502-Error.jpg

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I've seen it once or twice, but if I just refreshed the page, it worked fine.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've seen it once or twice, but if I just refreshed the page, it worked fine.

Yeah, I did the whole list of recommended "fixes", a refresh doesn't do it for me. Looks like an internet server or host server error to me. Quite frustrating.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
It has nothing to do with you guys, this server issue is known to us for quite some time, but it is hard to debug, we are constantly trying to get rid of it, but on a highly frequented website like RWI, we can't test things how we want without risking putting the website down for a moment.

Since we care more about the users rather than having it down for an undetermined amount of time to test fixes, it takes more time to resolve the issue.

This error is never lasting, so usually, coming back on the site a minute or two later, (sometimes even a couple of seconds) should grant you regular access

Thanks for the feedback guys and I'll keep you posted on the evolution of that !

Reactions: KJ2020

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
And there you have it gents. No use tagging me on stuff like this BTW, my MCSE is about 15 years out of date.

Reactions: Glaude