• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SyntaxError: Unexpected token E in JSON at position 5

Hellraiser

12/10/11
EU
Hi,

Got this error several times while posting (reply/new topic),... looks like forum is not working, same error if I click one more time on submit button, but content is saved each time (double post, triple post, etc.)

OyFOK.jpg

​​​​​​​
OyYse.jpg

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
It's been like that for some time. A quick search on Stackoverflow suggests that initial Error could be due to a syntax error and the code may need to be syntax checked. That 502 is indicating a broken connection but it could be happening at that moment for you as I've not had it happen to me. That said, if you get the Error while saving content ... message, you should be able to exit out of it and see your post. However I usually open another browser window to see if the sale post is there before I exit the window.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hi and thanks for reporting this matter,

We are aware of the situation, this isn't a security concern (for those wondering) but just little bug.
It will be fixed as soon as possible, but in the meantime, when you have this error, just refresh your page to see if your post has gone through rather than submitting content multiple time, it will save mods and staff members a bit of work with the double or triple posts ;)

Reactions: Raddave

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Hi and thanks for reporting this matter,

We are aware of the situation, this isn't a security concern (for those wondering) but just little bug.
It will be fixed as soon as possible, but in the meantime, when you have this error, just refresh your page to see if your post has gone through rather than submitting content multiple time, it will save mods and staff members a bit of work with the double or triple posts ;)

Thanks for all you do for the forum. I'm GB by the way. Nice to e-meet you.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Thanks for all you do for the forum. I'm GB by the way. Nice to e-meet you

:facepalm:

Here we go again ... :lol:

I have a feeling I must avoid you at all costs ! ;)

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Our resident tech geniuses are working on this now.