• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tapatalk picture issues

Djmech26

Known Member
Certified
15/1/13
Trying to get in touch with a forum moderator or admin. I contacted Tapatalk regarding the issues with pictures not being visible in the app, depending on how they were uploaded. They mentioned there is a plug-in update available, but need to be performed by an admin.

Could someone pass this information along to the appropriate person?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Djmech26

Known Member
Certified
15/1/13
Can anyone help out with this?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I have no info from Tapa about a plugin update, I shall contact them and ask.

Djmech26

Known Member
Certified
15/1/13
Thanks. If you need more I for I can forward your the email chain. Just let me know.

slay

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/3/09
I have no info from Tapa about a plugin update, I shall contact them and ask.

trailboss99 , not sure if this info helps, but here are my observations:

the picture issue only arises after Posts are edited - so pics work fine on Tapatalk before Mods Green-Light sale posts (when inserted with BBCode), but after the edit they are broken on Tapatalk.

As far as I can tell this happens because the forum software converts BBCode tags to HTML tags and upon editing the person who did the edit will re-submit those same HTML tags in the edit.
I suspect Tapatalk blocks these HTML tags when they are submitted by a user during an Edit due to cross-site scripting / security concerns.
Before the edit, the forum software essentially did the conversion of BBCode to HTML, so Tapatalk is probably more lenient on HTML done by forum software vs. HTML submitted by a forum user.

Let me know if we can help you guys fixing this in any way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

the picture issue only arises after Posts are edited - so pics work fine on Tapatalk before Mods Green-Light sale posts (when inserted with BBCode), but after the edit they are broken on Tapatalk.

As far as I can tell this happens because the forum software converts BBCode tags to HTML tags and upon editing the person who did the edit will re-submit those same HTML tags in the edit.
I suspect Tapatalk blocks these HTML tags when they are submitted by a user during an Edit due to cross-site scripting / security concerns.
Before the edit, the forum software essentially did the conversion of BBCode to HTML, so Tapatalk is probably more lenient on HTML done by forum software vs. HTML submitted by a forum user.

Let me know if we can help you guys fixing this in any way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

you code ?

slay

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/3/09
Oh and before I forget my Tapatalk rant: fuck Tapatalk, it’s the shittiest and (due to zero alternatives) still most used garbage App in the world! It’s really cancer of the app web!
It’s not just that everything is broken and keeps breaking (I could at least give them some sympathy points, since I know how hard it is to integrate several different software APIs into one interface), but it’s also the constant changes that are never thought-through.

They keep messing around with sections and message functionality in a way that makes me question whether they even employ a single product manager.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Oh and before I forget my Tapatalk rant: fuck Tapatalk, it’s the shittiest and (due to zero alternatives) still most used garbage App in the world! It’s really cancer of the app web!
It’s not just that everything is broken and keeps breaking (I could at least give them some sympathy points, since I know how hard it is to integrate several different software APIs into one interface), but it’s also the constant changes that are never thought-through.

They keep messing around with sections and message functionality in a way that makes me question whether they even employ a single product manager.

Couldn't agree more!!

Reactions: slay

Testone72

Renowned Member
8/3/18

+1
I noticed the same...i can see pic before Mod Green light, after i cant...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Djmech26

Known Member
Certified
15/1/13
Any luck with the plugin update?

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
Came looking for some solution and found this thread. It's so frustrating to spend a lot of time making a tutorial or long info post for everyone and then half the people bitch that they can't see it in Tapatalk. As a content contributor it's a bummer. Hopefully we can find a fix because I can't do it myself.