• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Image Errors in tapa?

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Does anyone know why I get the following image errors in tapa and the rwi app?

I get this for about 50% of the for sale post pictures and want to know how to resolve.

Any help appreciated.
4b4780e1518821b6f8157311a3f8770d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Randomized

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
They will tell you it’s a tapatalk issue but truth is this is the only forum i follow with such behavior..

It’s really really extremely annoying

I end up subscribing the thread then check it out whenever i can on my desktop

Also if you try web view it gives an error so it adds salt to the wound

Reactions: Randomized and Doud

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Im in the same boat. I browse rwi on an internet browser on my phone and use tapa for all others

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
They will tell you it’s a tapatalk issue but truth is this is the only forum i follow with such behavior..

It’s really really extremely annoying

I end up subscribing the thread then check it out whenever i can on my desktop

Also if you try web view it gives an error so it adds salt to the wound

It IS a TapaTalk issue! How many of these other fora are on vB5? None I'd be guessing.
Do you know how Tapa works? It's their issue because EVERYTHING you see on tapa is indeed ON Tapa, you are viewing their servers not ours.
Believe me it would be a lot simpler to ditch Tapa entirely, that can be arranged . . .

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I know nothing about forum systems. But on RWG it works fine. I guess it's not the same system?

BTW, TapaTalk is terrible and I don't like to use it, the only reason I use it is because is has the "unread by me" list and the ability to mark post as read directly from that list (without entering the thread). Just saying that if this feature is something that can be added to the website, I and maybe other members will not need TapaTalk anymore...

Last edited:
Reactions: zachsdad82

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
i know nothing about forum systems. But on rwg it works fine. I guess it's not the same system?

Btw, tapatalk is terrible and i don't like to use it, the only reason i use it is because is has the "unread by me" list and the ability to mark post as read directly from that list (without entering the thread). Just saying that if this feature is something that can be added to the website, i and maybe other members will not need tapatalk anymore...

dr3m3l

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
I also can’t view some images on vintage rolex market, so it’s not specific to rwi

cosmic2000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
30/4/16
Germany
As I surf through several forums on my smartphone I use tapa regulary and appreciate it. I have the same problem you described here but in no other forum. Some posts with pictures work well and I presume those pictures were loaded onto tapa.
The tapa-admins say that it is an rwi-issue and you say it's a tapa-issue. I have a lot to do with software integration at work to know that both of you are right :) ...

Anyway, the mobile style of the rwi-internetsite is an alternative for smartphone users. The only thing there is the "donate now" post and the adverts, that cocer my screen completly everytime I want to read a thread or a post. For me that is annoying, though I understand you need the money to run this fantastic forum.

I don't know if admins communicate with other forum admins. The German uhrforum.de is a really good example for a mobile style. There is no difference between the smartphone and the computer version.

Means: I will accept what I see but it is not always fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperLory

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I have the same problem and it's a real PITA
Could the staff try to solve that ?
Or at least tell us i it unsolvable :p Franke

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
This is the reason I don’t visit Rwi much anymore. I’m almost exclusively browsing on tapa and the majority of photos in posts do not show up. It’s the only forum I visit that this happens on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: SuperLory

S.Martin

Known Member
17/12/11
USA
This is the reason I don’t visit Rwi much anymore. I’m almost exclusively browsing on tapa and the majority of photos in posts do not show up. It’s the only forum I visit that this happens on.

I agree, the other highly used rep forum has no issues with images on Tapatalk but this forum I cant view any images. It’s a grey cracked picture icon on every sales thread, not a bunch of codes. It’s highly irritating. The seller can send an image by dm and it shows, but not in the link.

R2L

Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
I find that the issue appears to be when pics are included in the original post of a sales thread. If pics are added there, I see nothing, however, once pics are added in subsequent posts, I see those just fine. This appears to be an issue only between Tapa and RWI as I don't have the same problem with RG, TRF, or WUS.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Same here, used to enjoy RWI much more but now nothing seems to work for Tapa like before.. cannot see images, limited notifications, some features do not work, big threads not load at all, not enjoying like before the big crash..

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
And the point is that we use our smartphones more and more, I cannot browse RWI during work but rather when I am on short break, or waiting for some meeting etc.. plus I take a pic and upload from my phone, always did that and found it convenient