• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do not buy or sell from me - Banned Category

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
A lot of people post in sales threads if a rep is being sold above TD prices. Never saw an issue in those cases.

I understand OP felt the price was unreasonable for that watch, I honestly do as well, but that doesn't matter. in this case He was warned and then continued, so obviously that will have consequences.

I think it's fine when we help noobs in sales where watches or cheapies are sold too expensive, as that avoids someone new to the hobby overpaying. These extreme-frankens however, I don't see any "noob" going out buying anyways. And for any High Priced Sale, I am sure the admins do a remarkable job of ensuring the price reflects the mods having been done before it gets greenlit.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I find it really bizarre how some members can get so sensitive in RWI. The matter of fact when the seller first highlighted that my initial comment was termed "sales crapping" without even doing his own research, and more over he asked for my opinion where he could find one at that price, because I was apparently to him "bullshitting" that one could have bought a genuine 116520 for the same watch price he is seeking to sell for. From his sales thread, the watch did not come entirely as full gen, and was a zenith convert movement, not even the gen 4130 movement was observed. So it doesn't make sense to me how he could have asked for 7k euros for a watch that was piece together from loose parts, when in recent years one could have bought an entire new 116520 directly from an AD?

Of course my explanation above was not first fully extended because I respected his sales thread, but just wanted to "point out" that one could have bought a gen instead. Until I was heavily blamed for "sales crapping", hence I elaborated the truth. But nobody, not even one single member there believed me that the 116520 was retail for 7k euros during 2013 till early 2016 in my country, Singapore and even Hong Kong. I am not comparing with something that was farfetched decades ago, i.e. someone selling a 6542 here for 7k euros with gen and aftermarket parts but the resale for gen now is 50k euros, and watch is more than 40-50 years ago. I am merely trying to be transparent and realistic to layout the facts and information that within less than two years ago, one could have bought a full genuine Rolex 116520 watch. So why would anyone, perhaps me even, to consider a piece together rolex at such a high asking price?

This was just my honest opinion, but it seems the forum members, especially the "Patrons" were quite ignorant. Perhaps because they saw me as a non-supporting member and also that I have just joined a couple of months ago despite I had laid out the facts and examples backing up my statement, with reference to other gen watch forum sales discussions on the 116520.

I apologise if I opened up a can of worms, or hurt anyone's feelings to begin with. But why get so agitated and ignorant over the truth and facts? We are all here for the same hobby, to enjoy beautiful watches, and eventually to learn more about these watches. How can sharing information be eventually termed as "sales crapping"?

If I was selling a all gen parts piece together Submariner 116610 for $8,550 used here, but has a converted movement. I'm pretty sure someone out there would have pointed out the same thing as I did. Can I then say he or she was "sales crapping"?

Anyways, i've learned my lesson the hard way. I hope you guys don't take it personally. See you after Christmas.

You're flapping at the mouth like a coked up chihuahua.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
177.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Last time I keep you in the loop - obviously can't keep secrets. . . .
Damn I did not know it was a secret, sorry. You seemed so happy when you sent it.