• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Community Discord?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Hey guys what about a community discord? Discord is actually an App/Programs which you can write like you are in an IRC channel but you can also talk over voicechan so its like Teamspeak but free and not IP based (so no hacker can trace your IP addresses).

https://discordapp.com/

I have one with friends of mine and its actually one of the best App/Programs ive ever seen because some of my friends are not here in Germany so i can talk with them over the internet. Its actually better than Skype or Teamspeak and its fully encrypted (yeah yeah i know NSA can maybe crack it i dont know).

So is someone interested in it? Maybe Admins can make a discord or i can make a "Fan" discord. Just an idea :) the Smartphone app works pretty well too and you can always upload pictures and things :) which would be quiet nice.

Edit:

Here is the invite link: https://discord.gg/MQtdHWb

Everybody is free to join but please be friendly and don't offend/troll anyone or try to selling/trade stuff on it or you will be getting banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deathminder

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
might be interesting... Initially without looking at the content, I thought there is sort of "sowing" discord around the community lol.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Good thing is you need an invite to join it so you can make invites without a timelimit or with a timelimit, so the theory is every member can join but noone else but its hard to do, because the invite must be hidden to the public and only visible for forum members so i dont know how that works. I think that would be much securer from spambots or something but maybe an admin will say yes or no :)

Sent from the RWI mobile app

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
sorry where is this better than Whatsapp ?

I herewith profess my ignorance

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
I'd be way more interested in Slack; it's searchable, which is something I always miss in Discord.

Deathminder

21/11/17
Germany
Thats a great Idea !
Tigerdragon
you or anyone for that matter could easily setup a server that would only work via private invites that is only working for the person send to them but someone had to send these manually

Deathminder

21/11/17
Germany
also the other advatage would be that it is free of service since discord itself provides their own servers free of charge

miketmbt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/18
Yeah. We use one for an e-sports team.
The invites can also be set to expire after an hour or so if you want another level of security. I can set one up and invite you guys as admins to help build the different chat channels.

We use the phone app and it is kind of like texting with your friends. Great app.

Reactions: Deathminder

Deathminder

21/11/17
Germany
The invites can also be set to expire after an hour or so if you want another level of security. I can set one up and invite you guys as admins to help build the different chat channels.

We use the phone app and it is kind of like texting with your friends. Great app.

yep same thing here ^^

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13

I don't think the admins like the idea but you could make a discord for all of the replica watch fans from here :) which has nothing to do with RWI because i don't want that the admins gets angry or something.

Also they must be strict rules (no selling etc). I would definitely join because i like discord :D

miketmbt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/18
Yeah. Definitely don't want to take away from the forum.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
R2D4 trailboss99

some of us did create a fan discord which is about replicas in general is it allowed to post the link here in the thread? We have strict rules there (only selling here at RWI) and its more to write and talk about replicas and post some pictures and small talk.

But it would be cool if we can post a public invite here and maybe some members want to join and write/talk.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I'll say this, if this is off forum, that is up to you. I personally don't see a problem with people grouping off and using different apps such as the one you mentioned or the likes of Groupme, Whatsapp, DUO.. ect. People are doing that already. But I don't see any point involving an official channel per say with RWI staff. It's hard enough for our IT team to keep up with this forum so adding something independent wouldn't extend the quality of service you deserve here. Make sense? I like that we are under one roof so to speak. :) Good suggestion though and if VBulletin integrated some of these features and they didn't cause too much strife, maybe we can consider adding them at a later time.

Reactions: MonsieurMax