• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Web Site Speed

BoulderJ

7/5/21
I'm a newer member and I didn't want to complain until I understood how the site is organized. But after about six months, I have to ask: Can't something be done to improve the performance of the web site? It's god awful slow when moving around among the sections. Today (as I do often) I was looking at the Latest Activity. Fine until I want to see the whole thread of one of the LA posts, and then go back to reviewing the rest of LA. Moving around in this way can take 20-30 seconds for each change of location. Not a pleasant experience.

I've become a big fan of the site and have purchased 5 watches so far and sold a few parts. I hope you can improve site performance.

Thanks.

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
The app is very glitchy too, I keep getting messages that say my post/reply did not go through, so I try again a few times, and then they’re all posted, so it looks like I posted the same thing 4 times

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

cobar75

Patron Saint of Watches
I'm a newer member and I didn't want to complain until I understood how the site is organized. But after about six months, I have to ask: Can't something be done to improve the performance of the web site? It's god awful slow when moving around among the sections. Today (as I do often) I was looking at the Latest Activity. Fine until I want to see the whole thread of one of the LA posts, and then go back to reviewing the rest of LA. Moving around in this way can take 20-30 seconds for each change of location. Not a pleasant experience.

I've become a big fan of the site and have purchased 5 watches so far and sold a few parts. I hope you can improve site performance.

Thanks.

I have to echo BoulderJ this site is extremely slow. I’m running 300mbs on a brand new 2021 iPad Pro and it’s like I’m back in 1996 using a 14.4 dialup baud modem. It’s frustrating as hell. :facepalm:

bluesguitarist

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
30/11/21
Austria
for me it depens from time to time (im in europe). In the mornings its quite fast, but during afternnon night its slow like ......

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
The app is very glitchy too, I keep getting messages that say my post/reply did not go through, so I try again a few times, and then they’re all posted, so it looks like I posted the same thing 4 times

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

happened to me twice, on tapatalk, resulting in double posts.

sometimes gets sluggish, yes.

Franke

Tech Team
Advisor
28/5/10
This is something we are looking into. Work in progress.

j3tm4n

Looking Around
6/2/22
Germany
I think it is good but posting is a bit to long from webbrowser of smartphone. But it is ok.

Soyla355

Supporter
Certified
22/4/16
I think it is good but posting is a bit to long from webbrowser of smartphone. But it is ok.
Yes. I'm used to getting an error message, but the post does appear.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk