• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 2009 RWI Awards - And the winner is...

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
* * * The 2009 RWI Awards * * *

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the 2009 RWI awards! First of all, thank you to everyone who voted. Plenty of votes came through and we now have winners to announce in all the categories... :cool2:

So, without further ado, here are the winners of the 2009 RWI awards......

Rookie of the year

First, up is the rookie of the year. To qualify, nominees had to have joined between 1/1/09 and 12/31/09 and have a minimum of 500 posts. 10 members qualified this year, but only one took the crown... And the winner is:

Jelly Joe

Now, we all know Joe likes his poultry, so as the resident rooster I would like to extend my congratulations to him on behalf of the whole forum. Well done pollo! You are a great example to all newcomers. You came, you made this your home, and you started giving back from the very start. Congratulations on a very well deserved award.

Mod of the year

Now on to the next category... In the mod of the year category we had a few strong nominees. But once again, only one raised to the top... And the winner is:

Guru

Well done guru! Your hard work and generous help to noobies didn't go unnoticed over the last year. Which is why your promotion to Admin didn't come as a surprise to anyone. Your true passion for watches and your outstanding contribution to RWI make you one of the great assets of this forum.

Please everyone join me in congratulating guru on this award!

Admin of the year

And now on to the next category... In the Admin of the year category we had five very strong nominees. But there can only be one winner... The envelope please... And the winner, by a significant margin, is:

Trailboss99

TB quickly raised to the top in RWI as one of the friendliest and most knowledgeable members of teh forum. Mate, thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the forum! There is no doubt that with your leadership this forum is heading towards even greater things.

Dealer of the year

Now, the next category is one of my favourites... The dealer of the year... Five dealers were nominated for 2009, and for the second year in a row this dealer trashed the competition to take the crown. And the winner is:

Hont

Hont, thank you for being an example to all dealers. You have proven over and over again what it means to be a trusted RWI dealer. Now please hurry up and send me the Rolex I ordered last night before Chinese New Year arrives!!! ;)

Member of the year

Ok, now on to a biggie: the member of the year award. Again, we had a very strong set of nominees this year, but according to the votes, one stood out above the rest. And once again, the winner is:

Trailboss99

Congratulations trailboss!! Now, who's putting out those bushfires while you're here helping out noobies?? But seriously, without TB's efforts, I don't know if RWI would be the same place as it is now, or if it would have the bright future ahead that it currently has.

Thank you for everything you do for the forum. Please everyone join me in congratulating trailboss on this well-deserved award!

The 2009 RWI Hall of Fame inductees

And finally, our 2009 inductees into the RWI Hall of Fame. A group of very strong nominees was put forward based on their contribution to RWI not only in the past year, but throughout the life of the forum. These guys have gone above and beyond in making this forum the place that it is, and we all owe them big time.

Please join me in congratulating them on this honour. The 2009 inductees are:

Daytona4Me

Fakemaster
R2D4

Collectively, these guys are responsible for nearly 25,000 posts!! And that doesn't take into consideration the enormous amount of work they do behind the scenes, via PM, in the chatbox or offline for this forum and its members. What can I say about these guys? This forum would simply not be what it is without them! :notworthy:

So, everyone, thank you for voting and thank you for reading. I hope you'll join me in congratulating this group of outstanding RWI members. I for one am looking forward to another great year ahead. See you next year for the 2010 awards!!! ;)

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Congrats to the winners, all well deserved :)

Next year, please let us have more categories ;)

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Well done, folks! You guys make this place great.

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Well done, folks! You guys make this place great.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Roo. thanks for all the nice words you said and congratulation to all the other guys, specially for Trailboss, 2 awards, great guy!

Roo, you are up for the Mod 2010 with this post. I call it the post of the month

And Pix, next year we will have an Award for the best pictures

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hey thanks guys!
I didn't even know I was nominated untill I saw the posts.
A great honour to have won both awards and one I will do my best to live up to. Onwards and upwards!

Col.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
:err: I knew nothing about this nomination.

Thanks everybody, I suppose you guys mentioned the "Rookie" of the year because awarding the title of "Noob of the year" would have been appropriate but odd :cute:.

Congratz to everybody, all cups were widely deserved mine included, erm, well, shut up Jelly, No, shush it, No.

Good award to Guru who is coming out as a great guy (for me personally, as he is prolly well known to older members as such from a long time).
Gratz to Hont who has been having exceptional reviews basically since he got here.
Special gratz to Trailboss who, with 2 Roscars (Replica Oscar) is the official guy of the year.
D4M, Fakey and last but not least (I actually voted for him) R2D4 the droid. These guys are so to speak the body of the elephant, the heavier, stronger and essentially massive thrust to every single activity in here, together with every ketchup name.
Sincerely, thank you for your sturdiness guys.
I would add special thanks to Rooster and his throughout awesome contribution specially with RWI Dealers Ratings thread without which the dealers rating and much more would have been impossible.
Great job Gallino!!

Joe the Noob Jelly
redface-3.png

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Congrats to the winners. And how amazing - 3 out of 4 of my watch suppliers won an award :)

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
well deserved winners you all are ...................... with assets like this RWI will grow and become an even better place it is today ..............
well done all .................................