• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Location of watch sales

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
Would be nice in the Watch sales Section if we could see the location in the header or "quick view" as many in the US, Asia, and Europe won't ship globally. Save us time by bypassing locations we don't want to sell or buy from.

Reactions: ultim8war18

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I've thought about it too. It'll make it easier to go through the M2M Sales, but I think if we geographically sectioned the M2M sales, it would discriminate members who sell their stuff from outside US/Can and EU/UK. Potential buyers would never check out what they list. Even right now, items for sale from outside US/Can and EU/UK are often ignored for weeks or even months. I am too guilty of discriminating sellers from outside CONUS, but I check out what they sell though.

Reactions: markiemark

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I've thought about it too. It'll make it easier to go through the M2M Sales, but I think if we geographically sectioned the M2M sales, it would discriminate members who sell their stuff from outside US/Can and EU/UK. Potential buyers would never check out what they list. Even right now, items for sale from outside US/Can and EU/UK are often ignored for weeks or even months. I am too guilty of discriminating sellers from outside CONUS, but I check out what they sell though.

Im in EU, prefer EU deals because Im too lazy to fill out a customs form haha! I do ship world wide however, at buyer's risk...

Leighd3179

Known Member
13/3/16
United Kingdom
simple add to sales guidelines that location is to be listed in title not going to add much to listing putting uk\eu\us\Aus\can etc so you can quickly identify item location as opposed to creating folders / areas by location

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Im in EU, prefer EU deals because Im too lazy to fill out a customs form haha! I do ship world wide however, at buyer's risk...

True. I hate filling out the customs form. I feel like I am forced to lie what's inside. Haha

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Tried something like this a long time ago. I found that people assumed US wouldn't ship to EU and vice versa. It hurt more than it helped as people bypassed sales not on their continent ASSUMING that they would not ship across the pond.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
simple add to sales guidelines that location is to be listed in title not going to add much to listing putting uk\eu\us\Aus\can etc so you can quickly identify item location as opposed to creating folders / areas by location

I add [EU] infront of the sales title... easier to scan and buyers can decide what to check out qnd what not...

Reactions: SubVette

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Still think it's a good idea. How about just having a small OP seller's spec country flag show with sales post title ? Simply signifying country of sales post origin. The seller can still enter choice of "ship to" status per current sales form.
Honestly, as fast as some watches sell, often it's gone by the time it takes to go through even the most recently posted m2m sales.