• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Interested in contributing? Get in touch!

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
If you're interested in writing an article for the front page, please let me know!

We prefer articles to be around 1500 words or more, with a few pictures.

Obviously we prefer articles about watches (not necessarily about reps), but if you have another somewhat-related topic in mind, that could work. Again, just let me know.

For posting, I can post the article for you, or you could get a medium account to post it to our publication.

Example topics
  • Care and feeding of mechanical/automatic watches (for people who don't know about watches at all or have only had quartzes)
  • Care and feeding of reps (examples of what to expect hardware-wise, how to get it ready out of the box)
  • Rep/Gen comparisons
  • Rep/Homage comparisons
  • Rep/Gen/Homage reviews
  • Repped complications, upcoming movements
  • Popular models and what common flaws are, how to distinguish rep from gen
  • Brand/model history
  • Frankens
  • Vintage watches
  • Vintage/modding processes
  • Buying reps: dos and don'ts
  • RWI community: dos and don'ts
  • Collection reports and what watches mean to you
  • General horology
Please ensure that you are able to use the pictures you submit; ask for permission from the original owner or make sure that it was published under a Creative Commons license.

DiverFan

17/11/13
HK
Nice idea; would be interested to see this type of content here

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If someone wants to write how about an article on how regardless of the many reports our members place eBay refuses to pull obvious fakes? It could be illustrated by linking to a thread in which a couple of dozen folk have reported a watch that still got sold. Something that has definite tells would be best such as the Black Bay.