Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in contributing? Get in touch!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in contributing? Get in touch!

If you're interested in writing an article for the front page, please let me know!

We prefer articles to be around 1500 words or more, with a few pictures.

Obviously we prefer articles about watches (not necessarily about reps), but if you have another somewhat-related topic in mind, that could work. Again, just let me know.

For posting, I can post the article for you, or you could get a medium account to post it to our publication.

Example topics
    • Care and feeding of mechanical/automatic watches (for people who don't know about watches at all or have only had quartzes)
    • Care and feeding of reps (examples of what to expect hardware-wise, how to get it ready out of the box)
    • Rep/Gen comparisons
    • Rep/Homage comparisons
    • Rep/Gen/Homage reviews
    • Repped complications, upcoming movements
    • Popular models and what common flaws are, how to distinguish rep from gen
    • Brand/model history
    • Frankens
    • Vintage watches
    • Vintage/modding processes
    • Buying reps: dos and don'ts
    • RWI community: dos and don'ts
    • Collection reports and what watches mean to you
    • General horology

Please ensure that you are able to use the pictures you submit; ask for permission from the original owner or make sure that it was published under a Creative Commons license.

by @WingNut

I'd be interested!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
    Gen Rolex DateJust Owner
    Visit my Thread: Suits and Watches

Comment

Nice idea; would be interested to see this type of content here

Comment

If someone wants to write how about an article on how regardless of the many reports our members place eBay refuses to pull obvious fakes? It could be illustrated by linking to a thread in which a couple of dozen folk have reported a watch that still got sold. Something that has definite tells would be best such as the Black Bay.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
        hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
        When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Here are some I made earlier lol @atgm I see the Shaken not stirred one is already up

https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...review.308481/

https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...s-site.303009/

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
          There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
          ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
          Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Hello guys,

I would be interested to write an article here but was wondering if I could link to my own website as well.
            Here is our Blog section: https://vintageradar.com/blogs/vinta...d-fashion-blog

We have thousands of original photos and can write something unique about vintage watches if we can also link to our blog/website as being written by us.

Let me know

Comment

Working...
            X