• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New members should be forced to read rules

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I mean before anyone joins RWI they should be forced to read the sticky thread before they can post or do anything. So many posts of being ripped off because their watch screw fell off, or their watch didnt come in time, or it broke after a week, etc. Most will read up before a purchase is made. But clearly a lot dont. How do we fix that?

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
If you think about t&c's on other sites/apps, vast majority of us just scroll to the bottom and agree blindly, so knowing new members would just do that (it's human nature imo), to prevent that you would need questions.

So how about the "RWI entry exam" where the pass mark is 98%, or higher ;)

I joke of course, you know how ocd some members are.

It'd be an administrative headache for staff though, who already volunteer their free time, and from what I can see spend a good chunk of that dealing with members who decide to either ignore (or circumvent) the very simple sales rules in place in M2M.

I agree with you btw, but how to manage it is another thing.

As the old saying goes:
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

Well here they have the ultimate well of knowledge on all things watch/rep related & it's offered for free.

If they decide to jump right in, avoiding the "New Members Area" and all the excellent stickies, they usually get flamed in the main forum.

Whilst it's not nice to watch at times, maybe that's the only way :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Yeah good point, lot of FiPos with complaints, faults and warnings meh. And Idd those could have been avoided by reading our stickies.

I was in another forum group (Kodi media player) before and there the same happened which resulted in a negative atmosphere because the admins got frustrated by so many pointless questions.

I like the idea of a quiz. A fun way of learning and testing knowledge. Does Tapatalk support such functionality?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I like the idea of a quiz. A fun way of learning and testing knowledge. Does Tapatalk support such functionality?

Whilst the quiz prob not likely to be a runner, too much of an administrative burden I suspect, I'd be curious what you would think the questions could/should be?

Definitely the rules around QC & sales.
Probably need a whole topic on patience, some zen yoga or meditation ;)

Last edited:

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
Whilst the quiz prob not likely to be a runner, too much of an administrative burden I suspect, I'd be curious what you would think the questions could/should be?

Definitely the rules around QC & sales.
Probably need a whole topic on patience, some zen yoga or meditation ;)

First question will undoubtedly be, „ what’s the best Sub OTB“?

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
You have GL your watch and the TD shipped.
TD has emailed the tracking information. You check your package rigorously during its flight and all of a sudden there is no more progress. What do you do?

A: you do a ‘Linus’. Start a RWI thread on your high horse claiming the TD is at fault and you want your money back

B: wait patiently as you have read this happens frequently

C: you contact your local customs office and or post office inquiring about the status

D: you are disgruntled the TD did not kept his shipping eta date and decide to do charge back on your credit card

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
smh

RWI is an information web site , sales are simply a perk for contributing members

Last edited by a moderator:

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Sadly you think people will still read it. If there is a "NEXT" or "FINISH" or "COMPLETE" button, it will be pressed before 5 words are read.

1 out of 10 people find RWI and spend the first 5 days trying to figure out who they can buy an genuine fake authentic replica A++++ from, AND.... if they take PayPal like eBay does.
Few are interested in reading, everyone is interested in buying. Once they figure out there is far more to this than just a "Buy it Now" button, they begin reading.
If they stay long enough to realize what's here, they are hooked!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Does Tapatalk support such functionality?

Firstly to explain to those who may not understand, this forum doesn't run on Tapa, if you are only viewing the forum on TapaTalk you are missing out on large chunks of the forum experience. When using Tapa you are not even on our servers, you are seeing an artificial version of the forum created from downloaded raw data by TapaTalk on their own servers. When you post you are posting to Tapa and they then repost that on your behalf to RWI. We have exactly zero control over what forum functionality you can and can not use in TapaTalk.

Now, to answer your question: no it does not, the forms function does not translate over to TapaTalk and that would be an issue.

Reactions: EuroTime25

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
3: You have noticed several members being picky on every little watch detail. Another
member criticizes that. You now feel compelled to do something, what will it be?

A: you flame those members in an epic rant. They should be more positive and you demand that it stops

B: you don’t say anything, you lurk by taking notes and widen your look on a factory watch build

C: you participate by asking clarification questions and or give your opinion on the watch

D: you acknowledge everyone’s input and especially the nitpicking input because that is also part of our hobby

——

:)))

Thanks boss [mention]trailboss99 [/mention], a quiz will
not work on Tapatalk, too bad. Are there alternatives? Regular browser will work?