• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipping a Rep Watch

meowpilot

Horology Curious
10/2/19
Hey everyone,
I want to ship a watch to a family friend in Taiwan from California and was wondering what is the best way to ship this watch (just one) without the risk of it being seized? Thanks to any feedback!

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Why would it be seized? I assume you mean a rep ? You will always have risk. 1. Small box wrap properly. 2. Go to post office, fill out Customs form. 3. Write “other” and state item as “toy watch” with low price. 4. Pay postage. Going to U.S. post office, helps pass U.S. Customs. Good luck with Taiwan. Then cross fingers.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I usually use the term "horological tool for repair" and place a note inside describing a non-existent intermittent problem that's being sent to repair. This way even if they do open it they will hopefully see the note and assume that it's actually going for repair and let it go. I've never had anything seized going into or out of the US using this method

Dino888

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/3/20
BC Canada
Wow that's a great idea for shipping watches - Repairs with a note inside. I love it!