• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it me ? need advice guys !!

baxter

14/6/12
Hi guys - i need your views on this scenario with a TD.

I had to send a watch back as it was DOA, as expected it took some time for the TD to receive it. Anyway the watch was fixed and ready to send back so i thought i would order another watch while i was paying postage and selected FEDEX as i wanted the watches back quickly.

2nd July I paid via pay pal

5th of july enquired about QC pics ( as the watch was apparently in stock)

9th july still no reply so sent mail asking for refund if the watch was not in stock and for him to just send the repaired watch back.
.....i get a prompt email back saying sorry about late reply but he had been on a business trip and would send QC pics tomorrow.

10th july recieved and ok'd qc pics

12th july still no tracking number so requested one

13th july still no answer

so my question is, is 11 days from payment [and 3 days since QC pics ok'd for a watch that was apparently in stock ] a normal time frame or is this a bit shoddy coupled with general lack of response to my emails.
It's a genuine question and i haven't bombarded the TD with emails, i have ordered from 6 different TD's ( including this one previously ) but have never had this experience.

Thanks in advance.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Man.....I have read similar stories as of late about super slow response....I hope it gets sorta out realatively quickly

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Meah, not normal but not unheard of either. TDs generally won't answer an email unless they have something to tell you. Also, GZ is in an uproar today, the cops went thru the market room by room so the entire trade is in a state of panic.

As usual, patience is a key requirement in this game, your watches will turn up sooner or later.

baxter

14/6/12
yeah i know the drill and that I'm not buying from Amazon here so i'll keep my powder dry until next week. Thanks for the responses.
Heard about the raids - seems to be getting hot over there - just hope it's the government " showing willing " to the rest of the world and not something more determined !!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
'fraid so. The dealers are scared too.
This one came with no warning at all and was dead serious.
Not normal at all.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Eventually "The Big One" is gonna' happen...>>>

Hopefully this Friday the 13th(at least where I live!!) won't be the day.....

When it finally DOES hit, at least we'll have the comfort of knowing that virtually all our reps will double in value....

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Hopefully this Friday the 13th(at least where I live!!) won't be the day.....

When it finally DOES hit, at least we'll have the comfort of knowing that virtually all our reps will double in value....

Man, if the big one ever does hit, Im not selling shit! Keeping my collection forever.

mattyd

I'm Pretty Popular
30/12/09
Prolly not the end, but if our reps double, the dealers remaining stock will also double! Especially if they are truly shut down from making new ones. I bought ten reps in the last few months just in case:)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No one's getting shut down quite yet lads. Just wait until we work out exactly WTF the cops are up to.

Xman

6/2/11
I hate how often this seems to be happening now. Can't be too productive for our hobby :(

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
That would be a disaster, higher than now it would make reps totally overpriced imho....just take a look at latest releases...the average price is way higher than 1 year ago.