• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DSSD Tight Bezel Like GEN?

RICHYRICHROLEX

Horology Curious
8/12/11
Hi RWI,

Working on a DSSD and wanted to get bezel tight like GEN, would make all the difference to me, any ideas?

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
+1 I have a DSSD also but the bezel has the slightest of play annoys the hell out of me.

I've had 2 DSSDs now and both have had the same issue. What can be done to tighten the bezel?

stiltzkin

Looking Around
2/12/10
Dental floss....

Perhaps not THE best way, but it is A way of tightening the bezal. Get the thinnest floss you can find and wrap it under the bezal a couple of times, testing the bezal movement as you go. If you go too far, just unwind a bit.

Worked for me on a few watches, including the DSSD

Good luck!

Stiltz

D

d4m.test

there's a reason they build them like this, the rep is nothing like it, so trying to make it exact is a losing proposition.

cd10464a.jpg

D

d4m.test

I think the main problem your feeling is the rep has only one spring under the bezel for the click while the gen has the addition of three roller bearings.
There's also the matter of the wire retaining ring system on the DSSD rep rather than a perfectly milled bezel.

RICHYRICHROLEX

Horology Curious
8/12/11
Gotcha Chris! Hopefully you may be able to rig something to tighten that baby up. Again when I tried the GEN the tight bezel was pretty damn cool.

hzardous

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/12
Maybe we could change the thickness of the wire that is holding the bezel? Any ideas?

Dssd man

Renowned Member
2/11/11
Riggggggghhhhht (dr evil)
I just put dental floss under the bezel of my dssd and its now lost its click it and now turns both ways :(
#brokemybkdssd

How te hell do I get the stuff out

Ps. I used satin tape dental floss

zokim

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/9/12
Don't try and remove the bezel yourself as it will bend easily. I even used a bezel remover and the cheap metal on the bezel was dug into by the hard metal removing clasps.

I ended up buying another that was tight on its own, guess you just have to be lucky or the right version.

Drkitch109

18/9/12
I have a BK DSSD and the play on the bezel drives me nuts too. How practical do you think this mod is?

I've considered drilling additional holes into the DSSD case to add more lugs to match the four lugs that the gen case has? I would think that the wire that holds the bezel in place on the rep case could be fitted and hopefully provide a snug bezel.

I haven't attempted this but am seriously considering it if I can source a additional lugs and an extra DSSD case. See this thread for comparison of rep and gen cases: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/dssd-construction-gen-52910?t=52910