• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like its a lot of work. So if I understood you right, you need to take off the bezel, adjust the xtal retaining ring then re-align the xtal back? Sorry, not so familiar with the anatomy of the watch.:giggle:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Here are some pics of a GMT bezel and crystal parts. The 3 pin click ring fits into the bottom of the bezel and its oval pin bases "click" into the scallops of the crystal retaining ring as the bezel rotates.

ZVvCep.jpg

ZVvlSb.jpg

ZVvQPi.jpg

ZVvTEF.jpg

So to change the position of the insert relative to the 12 o'clock marker, you can either remove the insert and re-press it, or remove the crystal retaining ring, rotate its position on the case to nudge a scallop over, and re-press the crystal retaining ring. Its a hassle either way but adjusting the crystal retaining ring is much less risky for cracking the insert.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Hmm, with all this talk about the bezel, is it possible the VRF insert wouldn't even fit the CF Pepsi? Cause I think that would look super nice; would be a shame if it couldn't.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Removing the press fitted GMT insert is a big no as it needs a speciized tool to do it (at least Rolex does). You are more likely to crack it up in the process of prying.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Here are some pics of a GMT bezel and crystal parts. The 3 pin click ring fits into the bottom of the bezel and its oval pin bases "click" into the scallops of the crystal retaining ring as the bezel rotates.

ZVvCep.jpg

ZVvlSb.jpg

ZVvQPi.jpg

ZVvTEF.jpg

So to change the position of the insert relative to the 12 o'clock marker, you can either remove the insert and re-press it, or remove the crystal retaining ring, rotate its position on the case to nudge a scallop over, and re-press the crystal retaining ring. Its a hassle either way but adjusting the crystal retaining ring is much less risky for cracking the insert.

Not to cause any confusion, this is not a genuine bezel but represents the basic construction, right? Gen bezel ring should have some more wholes inside.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Removing the press fitted GMT insert is a big no as it needs a speciized tool to do it (at least Rolex does). You are more likely to crack it up in the process of prying.

Correct... i have the dimensions shape of the Rolex pronged press die to remove ceramic and platinum gmt style inserts. I’m going to make some, I Just need a bezel to check it before i machine the press dies and test it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
No one is talking about BLNR batman? It looks pretty good too, Case size in batman being classic and blue and black easir to replicate how does it looks? Can we say it is definetly closer to gen compared to other gmts?

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
I have a noob pepsi and an unknown factory batman both on jubilee and I'm ready to pull the trigger for 1 CF BLNR and 1 CF BLRO both on oyster bracelets. Can someone confirm if I can easily swap the bracelets on the CF? Will the SELs fit properly on the case?

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
he’s just not replying to me I guess, lol.

I’ve been speaking to Li this morning and he apologised for slow replies due to yet another national holiday in China! Pepsi ordered regardless of little flaws as overall it looks pretty good so we will see in person how it is. He said qc pics around 20-25th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Correct... i have the dimensions shape of the Rolex pronged press die to remove ceramic and platinum gmt style inserts. I’m going to make some, I Just need a bezel to check it before i machine the press dies and test it

Will you be making it for selling? I am definitely interested to get one.

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
I’ve been speaking to Li this morning and he apologised for slow replies due to yet another national holiday in China! Pepsi ordered regardless of little flaws as overall it looks pretty good so we will see in person how it is. He said qc pics around 20-25th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He’s online right now but still no luck. Hopefully he gets back to me soon, my friend and I are trying to order 2 pepsis before any raids happen or anything.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I have a noob pepsi and an unknown factory batman both on jubilee and I'm ready to pull the trigger for 1 CF BLNR and 1 CF BLRO both on oyster bracelets. Can someone confirm if I can easily swap the bracelets on the CF? Will the SELs fit properly on the case?

No one knows as no one has the actual CF GMT in hand yet!

Reactions: KJ2020

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
No one knows as no one has the actual CF GMT in hand yet!

True! I'm in discussions with Li and I asked him if it comes in either bracelets. If so, I'll order one in jubilee and one in oyster to swap them as desired to be on the safe side. I'll let you guys know!

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
No one is talking about BLNR batman? It looks pretty good too, Case size in batman being classic and blue and black easir to replicate how does it looks? Can we say it is definetly closer to gen compared to other gmts?

This has been discussed if you scroll a few pages back.
IMO the CF 116710BLNR would be the better choice over the other 3 models in terms of cosmetic accuracy.
As said, so far, only Noob had ever got the Pepsi bezel shape correct. None of the other makers succeeded in this aspect including the latest CF.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Will you be making it for selling? I am definitely interested to get one.

If everything goes well I’ll make a couple and keep you posted, I’m working on a submariner ceramic bezel die set as well, For installation and removal. The original dies made by Rolex have rubber gaskets in them for the absorption of deflection when the insert snaps in or out. Not easy to replicate these dies.

Reactions: KJ2020

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium

No one knows for shre, but given it’s the same production model introduced together and they have same bezel construction, the bracelets most likely will be interchangeable.

In any case, you can also try to order an extra bracelet as part ... no need to pay additional 500 bucks for ‘trying’ out swapping the bracelet lol.

Reactions: VG87

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
No one knows for shre, but given it’s the same production model introduced together and they have same bezel construction, the bracelets most likely will be interchangeable.

In any case, you can also try to order an extra bracelet as part ... no need to pay additional 500 bucks for ‘trying’ out swapping the bracelet lol.

Thanks for your insight mate! Anyways I want both BLNR and BLRO so safest is to order one in oyster and the other in jubilee ;)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not to cause any confusion, this is not a genuine bezel but represents the basic construction, right? Gen bezel ring should have some more wholes inside.

Correct, it's a rep bezel, just showing the basic concept. There are some differences among rep GMT bezels - the shape, layout, and sizes of the holes in the bottom, the shape and size of the 3 pin click ring oval bases, the diameter and height of the pins, the depth of the scallops, whether or not there is a bezel tension ring, etc. Like many aspects of reps, there is no exact standardization. But once you understand the general construction you can take it apart and mod it as necessary to achieve a desired outcome.

These are gen parts
ZVEdVn.jpg

The red dots show where the 3 click ring pins go. There is room in the hole for the pins to move outward so the ring can expand at those points to pass by the scallop bumps.
ZVE4ps.jpg

It is indeed more risky to remove a GMT insert than a Sub for example but of course it can be done with care and some usual tools - dies, plastic pry tools, razor blade, etc. The CF insert being so thin makes it additionally vulnerable which is why I posted about adjusting the crystal retaining ring instead.

The 3 pin click ring oval bases are fixed to the bezel rotationally, so by adjusting the scallop positions of the retaining ring, you can adjust the insert position without removing it from the bezel.

Duckber the VRF Pepsi insert is the same thickness as the Noob, which is about twice the thickness of this CF. It seems unlikely to me that it would fit well.

Last edited:
Reactions: mega12