• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Here's my gen for reference, the bezel has a thick lip that the BLNR does not have..

ZV4pvI.jpg

Last edited:

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
I think these CF GMT's are not yet at the threatening standards as that of the Noob Daytonas and VSF Subs yet. So they should be safe:cool:

They also probably paid the right people off this time…lol

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I believe the gen is one whole red piece with a blue piece added to it from what I’ve heard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This article describes how it was finally achieved. Salt impregnation on half, who knew?

ZVMDzS.jpg

https://www.watchtime.com/featured/rolex-pepsi-review-gmt-master-ii/

"After years of research, Rolex returned to ceramic with an aluminum-oxide basis and added chromium oxide, magnesium oxide, and a rare earth oxide. This resulted in the red ceramic bezel we have today. For the blue color, half of the bezel is impregnated with a metallic salt solution prior to the sintering process. You can see the blue layer on top of the red background using a loupe. Sintering at 1,600 degrees Celsius for more than 24 hours results in the final colors. However, because the scale shrinks slightly during this process, it must be milled into the proper shape."

Shany

24/6/19
Well does the 126710 ever used a 3186 movement ?

Isn’t it a 3285 ? So even if the clean factory has a stable movement it’s just wrong when setting the time. Iam not sure if gen parts would fit by the way.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I’ve said this for a long time but no one got it. It is indeed very obvious and really makes the Pepsi. Thx bud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is it actually thicker or does it just give that impression because the insert sits lower so more of that edge is showing

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Beatlo

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Is it actually thicker or does it just give that impression because the insert sits lower so more of that edge is showing

There is a definite horizontal edge as you see it above in my pic. It is different from the BLNR which is more like the Submariner.. but Pepsi alone has a unique bezel which is really rather awesome especially when it catches the light!

Reactions: Replisimio

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.

Yes it is thicker with a completely different profile. Anyone who has or has owned the gen will spot it straight away. Street fighter has confirmed this too!!
Wouldn’t surprise me if the Pepsi has a different crystal reference too.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Yes it is thicker with a completely different profile. Anyone who has or has owned the gen will spot it straight away. Street fighter has confirmed this too!!
Wouldn’t surprise me if the Pepsi has a different crystal reference too.

Are they modelling the current 126710blro bezel and insert off the original white Gold version. I heard there is I slight difference in insert and bezel dimensions maybe tooling for the BLRO is different to that of the BLNR as the Batman is more based off the standard black 116710. Rolex trickery.. maybe they just don’t like parts being interchangeable as usual lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Not sure if I missed it, VR3185 confirmed in this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vipstyle888

Known Member
18/2/19
Hong Kong
This is a real shame. It's kept me ever buying a ZF Tudor GMT, they are all misaligned.

I'm sure these CF inserts are press fit, the prospect of realigning them is not appealing. Best done by adjusting the scalloped crystal retaining ring and not by removing and re-pressing the insert IMO. But either way the bezel has to come off which is always a risky task. Bummer. Instant reject for me on a $500+ watch, but it can be "disguised" in QC pics (not making any accusations).

Of course this flaw can be remedied easily if the crystal is replaced.

Looks like its a lot of work. So if I understood you right, you need to take off the bezel, adjust the xtal retaining ring then re-align the xtal back? Sorry, not so familiar with the anatomy of the watch.:giggle:

shamanblues999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/18
Funny how ppl started saying that insert color looks off and brownish without knowing it's a picture of gen LOL

BLRO insert plays many different shades of color under the given lighting setting.

You can't really judge CF bezel yet until you see them in person IMO.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Right!, totally, I'm ordering one and will see. CF = ZZF V3 after the 904 ss scandal, and its pretty damn close to VSF on the sub. I have a ZZF V2 Hulk and happy as it can be, so I am hopeful this pepsi will be the BOTD

Reactions: CaptainRep

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Just to clear the confusion, gen SS BLRO bezel is different than the rest of the SS bezels. The gen pepsi insert is a tad bigger than let's say blnr insert hence the insert is not interchangeable.

Clean is probably not doing that. They made the blro and blnr insert identical in size so could easily be swapped over. If you can see the miniscule bezel wall from across the room, then my friend, you should be a superhuman, which I am pretty sure you are not.

How do I know? Bcz I ordered the insert and the bezel from Rolex and the parts number for the bezel is different than the SS bezel for blnr.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited: