• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Lmao wtf? You're a weird dude, my question was genuine. Think that in trolling if you want, enjoy your shit stain colored cf. I'll check back in another year :p

Check your eyesight fella, you should have a look at the old Noob inserts and then come back here suggesting they're brown. Enjoy your Pagani 'Design' :spit:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Check your eyesight fella, you should have a look at the old Noob inserts and then come back here suggesting they're brown. Enjoy your Pagani 'Design' :spit:

Yes and they're still brown compared to gen. If you stalked my reddit account you'd notice my Pagani is surrounded by a dozen high quality reps. Goes to show you how much I value cf -- at least it didn't look like someone took a shit on mine.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Yes and they're still brown compared to gen. If you stalked my reddit account you'd notice my Pagani is surrounded by a dozen high quality reps. Goes to show you how much I value cf -- at least it didn't look like someone took a shit on mine.

Or perhaps they were too cheap to afford a ceramic insert ;) And no there was no stalking, I just remember your collection and your sole purpose in RWI, stirring drama from your glass house. Indeed your reps are high quality, but much like the CF in question none are perfect yet here you are preaching the same problems over trivial details countless amounts of time, is that how you get a kick out of life? I'll never know. And if you had done a bit of reading you will find your question has been answered.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Or perhaps they were too cheap to afford a ceramic insert ;) And no there was no stalking, I just remember your collection and your sole purpose in RWI, stirring drama from your glass house. Indeed your reps are high quality, but much like the CF in question none are perfect yet here you are preaching the same problems over trivial details countless amounts of time, is that how you get a kick out of life? I'll never know. And if you had done a bit of reading you will find your question has been answered.

Who was too cheap go afford a ceramic insert? There is no nice rep for the Pepsi so I bought what looked nice. Clearly price is not an issue since you know me so well. I haven't checked out the Pepsi game in a while, so I came by and asked if the two major flaws have been fixed in a non confrontational manner. These are not controversial flaws. The fact that you're this butt hurt says something about your feelings on the rep for you to cry like this. Enjoy your CF and wear in confidence kid.

Last edited:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Who was too cheap go afford a ceramic insert? There is no nice rep for the Pepsi so I bought what looked nice. Clearly price is not an issue since you know me so well. I haven't checked out the Pepsi game in a while, so I came by and asked if the two major flaws have been fixed in a non confrontational manner. These are not controversial flaws. The fact that you're this butt hurt says something about your feelings on the rep for you to cry like this. Enjoy your CF and wear in confidence kid.

Claiming I'm 'butt hurt' and then calling me a kid, the irony. And I do think price is an issue for you given the lengths you go to bring up the same points about the CF Pepsi and buy something cheap and nasty like a Pagani Design pepsi, McDonalds isn't paying you enough. Anyway we're getting carried away here, I can't convince a brick wall that the insert doesn't appear brown to me so it's not worth wasting my time with some low brow mouth breather.. I'll gladly agree with you when you have something positive to contribute on this forum but I don't see that happening, ever.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Claiming I'm 'butt hurt' and then calling me a kid, the irony. And I do think price is an issue for you given the lengths you go to bring up the same points about the CF Pepsi and buy something cheap and nasty like a Pagani Design pepsi, McDonalds isn't paying you enough. Anyway we're getting carried away here, I can't convince a brick wall that the insert doesn't appear brown to me so it's not worth wasting my time with some low brow mouth breather.. I'll gladly agree with you when you have something positive to contribute on this forum but I don't see that happening, ever.

LOL

Clearly you're butt hurt, literally lashing out and getting personal over an inoccuous question from someone who has not visited the topic in months. That reeks of childish behavior and lack ofself confidence in the product you purchased.

I'd gladly wear a Pagani over the CF, at least they got their cherry red right. Ceramic is not an indicator of quality -- I guess Tudor forgot the memo, they must be cheap shit then?

And again, how can price be an issue when as previously stated, it is surrounded by 11 other reps that range from 500 to 700 dollars on average? How about we compare watch collections and rack up cost spent in total since you want to compare products owned to personal net worth? We can do that since you are fair game with getting personal. Ah, didn't think so. Tuck your tail between your legs and walk away, I would too.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Bit of a reach with the Tudor, we're talking about ceramic Pepsi's and not a Pagani homage watch with absolutely no identity trying to mimic a Rolex Pepsi here but anyway... I've already explained my logic and the fact that you only come in here as often as a menstrual cycle to complain about certain flaws, insert apparently being too brown, complaining about lugs, etc.. And again with the 'butt hurt' oooh ouch that stings!

:picard:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Bit of a reach with the Tudor, we're talking about ceramic Pepsi's and not a Pagani homage watch with absolutely no identity trying to mimic a Rolex Pepsi here but anyway... I've already explained my logic and the fact that you only come in here as often as a menstrual cycle to complain about certain flaws, insert apparently being too brown, complaining about lugs, etc.. And again with the 'butt hurt' oooh ouch that stings!

:picard:

I thought you were done? Guess not.

It's not a reach, you said the Pagani sucked, highlighting its lack of ceramic bezel insert in particular. I'm telling you that's a logical fallacy as ceramic is not indicative of quality as Tudor illustrates -- homage or not; and this point is certainly ironic to be argued against with its "lack of identity" when you are demeaning it compared to a replica. Hilariously ironic fallacy, I might add. And good on you for ignoring the head to head comparison of watches, that was a smart move.

Last edited:

westybat

Horology Curious
29/5/22
My main sticking point with the CF is the inconclusive evidence of a bezel lip that is similar to gen. Can anyone with a CF show pictures of the bezel lip?

A330

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/22
Australia
My main sticking point with the CF is the inconclusive evidence of a bezel lip that is similar to gen. Can anyone with a CF show pictures of the bezel lip?

By all means - just got this QC a week ago from JTime (CF), for me it does not matter as I have *almost* secured a gen bezel from a mate of mine in Sydney just pending when he'll get back from the US and then ship it to me.

westybat

Horology Curious
29/5/22
By all means - just got this QC a week ago from JTime (CF), for me it does not matter as I have *almost* secured a gen bezel from a mate of mine in Sydney just pending when he'll get back from the US and then ship it to me.

Well, that's one way to get around the issue! Are you able to show pictures of the bezel knurlings/teeth? Are they still tiny and submariner'esque on the CF?

westybat

Horology Curious
29/5/22
This is what I got as QC from Jtime. Are these any good?
j0VWeK.jpg
j0V5S8.jpg
j0Varv.jpg
j0ViE1.jpg
j0VoHj.jpg
j0Vqy4.jpg
j0VI4I.jpg
j0VOcc.jpg
j0VymX.jpg
j0V1Pi.jpg
j0V9Sb.jpg
j0V6ep.jpg

I found the answer to my question about the bezel knurlings- they look WAY better on this recent iteration of the CF :)

Last edited:
Reactions: paolobriatico

westybat

Horology Curious
29/5/22
Is this white ring on the inside of the bezel accurate to genuine Rolexes? I did some searching online and do not notice such a prominent white ring in photographs of gen Rolexes.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
No, that white ring is the crystal gasket, it does not show on a genuine Rolex. It's showing because the crystal is not quite gen spec, it has an angular edge around the circumference which reflects the gasket outwards.
CF Submariners and Noob Daytonas have similar problem (though on the Daytona it's caused by gasket that is white instead of translucent). Like most flaws, once you've seen it it's game over, ignorance is bliss etc..
A good excuse to swap out the crystal for gen.

Ref above: will a gen spec BLRO bezel fit the CF watch and the CF insert?
There is something funky with the gen BLRO bezel with it's fat edge. It's not used on the LN or BLNR but Rolex appear to use the same bezel for GMT's with gem set bezels. This tells me it's a higher spec bezel that offers more protection to the fragile/expensive insert. I wouldn't count on a CF insert fitting perfectly inside or even the bezel going bang-on the watch, though I may well be wrong. Best of luck with your research!

Last edited:
Reactions: Litheo and westybat

nightowl77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/22
Asia
Hi guys, i have a stock CF Pepsi V2. New at this. If I get the gen crystal, will it also fix the date window mag? And If i wanted to do the gen crystal swap, will that be it? Or will I need other components to fit the gen crystal? Anyone got a link to a gen crystal or know where to buy one?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Hi guys, i have a stock CF Pepsi V2. New at this. If I get the gen crystal, will it also fix the date window mag? And If i wanted to do the gen crystal swap, will that be it? Or will I need other components to fit the gen crystal? Anyone got a link to a gen crystal or know where to buy one?

If you have gen crystal, get a gen or gen spec gasket as well. Your date mag should be perfect

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
If you have gen crystal, get a gen or gen spec gasket as well. Your date mag should be perfect

The gen gasket will come with the crystal. But it will pose certain installation problem as Kj has explained many times

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The gen gasket will come with the crystal. But it will pose certain installation problem as Kj has explained many times

Yes. Gen gasket work bad. Buy on ebay clark gasket for GMT 2,70 mm

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
No, that white ring is the crystal gasket, it does not show on a genuine Rolex. It's showing because the crystal is not quite gen spec, it has an angular edge around the circumference which reflects the gasket outwards.

very on point and technically explained sir!
The clean crystal on the current pepsi is pretty bad.

This can easily be solved by changing another crystal and leaving the old gasket on. Some people would suggest you change the gasket to a clear one, but I can assure you that it is not required at all as explained by StreetFighter on what causes that white milky ring!

After a crystal swap it looks crystal clear!

​​​​​P/S it looks better and clearer than my villainous photo taking skills shows it to be. But I hope you guys get the drift.

​​​​​​

Reactions: Litheo and leo6929

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Got a prof crystal installed. The difference is quite noticable I think. Stock CF crystal has a very poor/none black hole effect while prof shows great AR on the cyclops.