• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020, aside from the bezel height and crystal thickness, are the bezel components and construction the same on the V1 and V2? I thought I had read many posts back CF did a redesign on the V2 bezel construction to make it gen-like...and therefore the V1 was not gen-like construction. Is that correct?

I think when people were talking about the V2 being more gen-like they were referring to the lip and the exterior shape. The supporting components (crystal retaining ring, tension washer, 3 pin click ring) are identical as far as I can tell.

Here you can see how they differ. The V2 has steeper teeth and shorter scallops. There is more space below the scallops on the V1. And of course the lip. Both of these bezel rims are unmodded. The oval holes are doubled on the V2.

jprCv2.jpg

jprp6t.jpg

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
I think when people were talking about the V2 being more gen-like they were referring to the lip and the exterior shape. The supporting components (crystal retaining ring, tension washer, 3 pin click ring) are identical as far as I can tell.

Here you can see how they differ. The V2 has steeper teeth and shorter scallops. There is more space below the scallops on the V1. And of course the lip. Both of these bezel rims are unmodded. The oval holes are doubled on the V2.

Got it....thanks for clarifying bro.

Reactions: KJ2020

Rubiss

19/9/21
hello friends

IS the CF pepsi V2 worth it, is it successful?

Which is better to make between the Batman and the Pepsi?

Thank you in advance for your answers

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I am still very reluctant to get the CF GMT's. It is simply just too many hassles in trying to perfect it using gen. parts. The watch itself is just not 1:1, this is clear from what kj has explained above.

Reactions: Uhr70

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Glad to report adding a gen click spring (only) nicely improved the bezel action on my CF pepsi (part # 316-116750-2-C5). There's still a tiny bit of horizontal play, but it's not that bad and the bezel now firmly and audibly clicks from point to point (see video below). For those not wanting to spend any money, removing all the excess grease that the bezel comes caked with OOTB helped mine tremendously as well. I'd say simply removing the excess grease improved the bezel from ~3 /10 to ~6/10 (actually started to click into place, but was rough and you could not hear the clicks). Adding the gen click spring brought the bezel up to ~8/10 (I'm deducting 1 point for slight horizontal play and 1 point for it still feeling a tad rough). No doubt adding the gen crystal retaining ring would make it near perfect, but that is a very expensive part and not really worth it IMO (at least not in my case).

https://imgur.com/a/JFyWiEX

You do know a gen GMT bezel should NOT have an audible click like that. It should be nice and tight like your video but each notch should not have an audible click that loud. My gen 116613LN does not make any noise.

Reactions: Uhr70

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
I am still very reluctant to get the CF GMT's. It is simply just too many hassles in trying to perfect it using gen. parts. The watch itself is just not 1:1, this is clear from what kj has explained above.

I am in the same boat... Still hesitant and reluctant to pull the trigger on one.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here are some pics of trying to get the best date mag on a CF Pepsi V1. Stock rep crystal and gasket (1.7mm crystal and 3.1mm gasket) on left, various gen crystal and gaskets on the right. Gen GMT crystal can be 1.8 or 1.85 (I've had both), gen Sub crystal is 2.0. Interestingly, the CF Pepsi V2 crystal is 1.60mm with the same 3.1mm gasket.

The gen GMT 1.8mm and 2.85mm gasket looked the best, and is very close to the original sitting height.

jpTCqJ.jpg

jpTPXP.jpg

jpTpZo.jpg

jpTQsk.jpg

Last edited:

Liam F

Known Member
17/5/20
Can anybody point me in the right direction regarding some spare links for my CF GMT on a jubilee bracelet? Li at J-Time says they are not available at the moment ????

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Can anybody point me in the right direction regarding some spare links for my CF GMT on a jubilee bracelet? Li at J-Time says they are not available at the moment ????
This isn't a wtb thread, put it there

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
You do know a gen GMT bezel should NOT have an audible click like that. It should be nice and tight like your video but each notch should not have an audible click that loud. My gen 116613LN does not make any noise.

I did not know that...thanks. I purposely used very little silicone grease (just a shimmer coating on the click spring only) to keep the click tight and audible. I suspect a little more silicone grease will quiet things down a tad.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
Here are some pics of trying to get the best date mag on a CF Pepsi V1. Stock rep crystal and gasket (1.7mm crystal and 3.1mm gasket) on left, various gen crystal and gaskets on the right. Gen GMT crystal can be 1.8 or 1.85 (I've had both), gen Sub crystal is 2.0. Interestingly, the CF Pepsi V2 crystal is 1.60mm with the same 3.1mm gasket.

The gen GMT 1.8mm and 2.85mm gasket looked the best, and is very close to the original sitting height.

jpTCqJ.jpg

jpTPXP.jpg

jpTpZo.jpg

jpTQsk.jpg

thanks KJ of all of your helpful information, i am not sure just if all this modifications are worth it when you have the case so wrong with fat lugs you can see from a normal distance.

Genera74

29/12/14
So I waited over 1m for the pepsi, then realized theres a speedbump at the 6 and 18. Want to check if this is same in other CF pepsi? Is this noticable in real life? Thanks

599f855f47237d90902669c9c0922f5e.jpg

48efecd14b4cc129b988fb874f0280cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
I got an option to buy vsf Starbucks but always wanted the Pepsi so been looking at the clean, after doing the research if you can get a vsf it’s worth getting that first? I know they are different watches but only money to buy one for now for a few months

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
This isnt really the right spot to ask that, but it's not even a question. The CF pepsi is full of compromises, as most people keep pointing out. The VSFs in general are almost NWBIG they are so good. I just got the vsf starbucks and its scary how good it is. Side by side with my gen it's impossible to tell which is the rep