• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Does the Noob Pepsi bracelet fit on the CF case, I am asking because the Noob has a better endlink profile than the CF. Thanks!

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
I have a noob bracelet I can try out on a cf I’m building. I’ll let you know how it fits.

Please take a couple of snapshots, mate, and post them here. I used to have a Noob Pepsi but sold them for a CF, perhaps I should take it back from the fella if the Noob bracelet does fit better.

Mike664968

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/21
New York City
jqEJIi.jpg
jqExZX.jpg

jqE7xK.jpg
jqERQ1.jpg
jqENUv.jpg

Hello all and I appreciate any help in advance. I got my clean Pepsi from Andrew at Trusty Time delivered yesterday. The watch looks good and seems to be the one that was in the QC pics (top two pics) that I greentlit. The only flaw I can pick up is in the bezel, it turns very roughly and tight, it also doesn't sit aligned at 12. I'm a total newbie but I want to make some mods to improve the watch. I reached out to Oascom but he wants an exact list of what I want done and I get that. I was thinking fix the bezel rotation and degrease everyone seems to say that. Replace the crystal seems to be a consensus and waterproofing. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions? Again everyone's help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Honestly, I won't spend too much time and expenses in modding the CF GMT. It basically has it's own born-with issues that can't be fixed perfectly.
Just my own personal view

Reactions: Jayalvin777

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Hello all and I appreciate any help in advance. I got my clean Pepsi from Andrew at Trusty Time delivered yesterday. The watch looks good and seems to be the one that was in the QC pics (top two pics) that I greentlit. The only flaw I can pick up is in the bezel, it turns very roughly and tight, it also doesn't sit aligned at 12. I'm a total newbie but I want to make some mods to improve the watch. I reached out to Oascom but he wants an exact list of what I want done and I get that. I was thinking fix the bezel rotation and degrease everyone seems to say that. Replace the crystal seems to be a consensus and waterproofing. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions? Again everyone's help is greatly appreciated

Replace datewheel with gen and do a movement service since you're sending it to Oascom. Niether are critical IMO, but if money is not an issue, both would be very nice to do as well.

Jakeson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/21
EU
Hello all and I appreciate any help in advance. I got my clean Pepsi from Andrew at Trusty Time delivered yesterday. The watch looks good and seems to be the one that was in the QC pics (top two pics) that I greentlit. The only flaw I can pick up is in the bezel, it turns very roughly and tight, it also doesn't sit aligned at 12. I'm a total newbie but I want to make some mods to improve the watch. I reached out to Oascom but he wants an exact list of what I want done and I get that. I was thinking fix the bezel rotation and degrease everyone seems to say that. Replace the crystal seems to be a consensus and waterproofing. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions? Again everyone's help is greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

Personally I would only do the service, the watch isn't really the best base to make a franken. I like mine the way it is. The advice with the DW is also a good point if you are already servicing the watch.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
the watch isn't really the best base to make a franken.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

I agree with this but it's still better than the Noob, I've had both and while the bracelet is better, the CF has better overall aesthetics. The bezel is meh but nobody needs that. I'm a frequent traveller and I can't be bothered to set my GMT on 3 time zones.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
After

Still working on the bezel action. This one was caked in grease as others. Might try an ARF retaining ring and spring to improve the bezel function.

Looks great bro, really well done!

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Couple pics with noob bracelet installed.

Thanks for the photos, mate, it does look that the SELs have better fit when swapped to a Noob. Mine is on an oyster but it would be nice to have another bracelet option.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Below is my attempt to recreate a side-by-side of the stock CF jubilee vs the noob jubilee fitted to the CF (noob pic taken from the pics posted by Pelagic, CF pic taken by yours truly). Looks like the center portion of the noob SEL is definitely better than CF....but it also looks like the lip where the SEL meets the lug is worse with the noob. One step forward, half step back?

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Below is my attempt to recreate a side-by-side of the stock CF jubilee vs the noob jubilee fitted to the CF (noob pic taken from the pics posted by Pelagic, CF pic taken by yours truly). Looks like the center portion of the noob SEL is definitely better than CF....but it also looks like the lip where the SEL meets the lug is worse with the noob. One step forward, half step back?

Thanks for this comparison.

It's also very telling how brown the 'ROUGE' half of the insert on the Noob appears compared to the CF.

As for the varying qualities between the two, at the end of the day, I still say CF represents the best value and a definite improvement over the Noob.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for this comparison.

It's also very telling how brown the 'ROUGE' half of the insert on the Noob appears compared to the CF.

As for the varying qualities between the two, at the end of the day, I still say CF represents the best value and a definite improvement over the Noob.

On a jubilee bracelet where the back half of the SEL protrudes above the lugs as far as it does, I'm not bothered at all if the forward half does so a little bit as well. I see that as one of those tiny differences that I would never even think about except when discussing it here. Everyone has their own standards of acceptable deviations of course, so it's good to point this out. I'm glad it doesn't bother me as the Noob jubilee bracelet is very good overall IMO.

I'm pretty sure both inserts in that collage pic are CF, which highlights how much different lighting makes them appear!

Reactions: srhoque

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
On a jubilee bracelet where the back half of the SEL protrudes above the lugs as far as it does, I'm not bothered at all if the forward half does so a little bit as well. I see that as one of those tiny differences that I would never even think about except when discussing it here. Everyone has their own standards of acceptable deviations of course, so it's good to point this out. I'm glad it doesn't bother me as the Noob jubilee bracelet is very good overall IMO.

I'm pretty sure both inserts in that collage pic are CF, which highlights how much different lighting makes them appear!

Yes, I think that's right KJ...both pics show the CF insert (unless Pelagic didn't mention he swapped inserts). As for the small "lug lip", I was just looking at some gens on ebay and virtually all of them (with decent SEL side view pics) have a small lug lip very similar to the stock CF. So it looks like CF actually nailed this lug lip effect! See pics below for some examples taken from listings on ebay today.

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
That is a CF insert as the above said. Lighting is everything with these inserts. I put the cf next to a noob insert and can make them both look virtually the same in color

Sent from my iPhone using RWI