• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Nice side by side video comparison of the MKI and MKII gens shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4PGGlAsdQ

IRL the current CF insert looks damn close to the MKII in indoor lighting (~3000K LEDs), IMHO.

Very interesting point on the lighting strength, considering that it's indoor where the insert colours can really differ depending on the angle.

Below is photo I lifted from Rolex forum where it was taken in an AD's shop, so indoor lighting

MK1 - MK2 - MK3

CF

Gen I picked up 2 days ago

I would say you're appraisal is correct: CF = MK2

Now, what would say mine is MK2 or MK3? :p

Reactions: KJ2020 and leo6929

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Very interesting point on the lighting strength, considering that it's indoor where the insert colours can really differ depending on the angle.

Gen I picked up 2 days ago

Now, what would say mine is MK2 or MK3? :p

Effing beautiful gen bro...I'm so jealous! Looks like an MK2 to me. FYI: I've read the MK3 is just a natural (darker) variation of the MK2 (ie some inserts just come out darker than others). I have no clue if that's correct, but I believe Rolex has never officially announced the MK3.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
the red color CF is different from any gen. In gen there is never brown inside so red, both light MK1 and dark MK3, will always have a cherry tinge.

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Effing beautiful gen bro...I'm so jealous! Looks like an MK2 to me. FYI: I've read the MK3 is just a natural (darker) variation of the MK2 (ie some inserts just come out darker than others). I have no clue if that's correct, but I believe Rolex has never officially announced the MK3.

Thanks mate! Appreciate it :rolleyes: it does play with the different lighting angles but I kind of like MK2 dial as it has subtleties

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
By the way, I just GL my pepsi from Li so this is not a QC question. Just wondering if the speedbump at 9 is a fairly standard offering from CF nowadays?

Appreciate any input :) thanks!

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
By the way, I just GL my pepsi from Li so this is not a QC question. Just wondering if the speedbump at 9 is a fairly standard offering from CF nowadays?

I think you will find it’s a 6 lol! Yours looks a bit worse than some we’ve seen. They look better in reality when not blown up on a screen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17

I would disagree - please see my CF vs my GEN MK2 ... not the same at all

D0CE90D9-6926-4846-936E-0D581C9F46457bc022a9c82717ac.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobel and Foxxfire

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
I would disagree - please see my CF vs my GEN MK2 ... not the same at all

Can you do a side by side arms length pic of your CF vs Gen (ie zoomed out, non-macro) under "soft white" (ie 2700-3300K) indoor lighting? I think this would be a more real world test of the 2 inserts, at least from how one would likely encounter the watch indoors.

Last edited:
Reactions: weezkid

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Can you do a side by side arms length pic of your CF vs Gen (ie zoomed out, non-macro) under "soft white" (ie 2700-3300K) indoor lighting? I think this would be a more real world test of the 2 inserts, at least from how one would likely encounter the watch indoors.

+1

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18

Did they update the bezel lip? It seems to look a lot better than before. Or am I imagining things? Anyone have any input on this?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Did they update the bezel lip? It seems to look a lot better than before. Or am I imagining things? Anyone have any input on this?

Yes bro, more recent samples have an improved bezel with a lip, and a longer minute hand so it has been improved. Unfortunately they put the new bezel on the Batman also, which shouldn't have a lip. D'oh.