• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Guys I solved by lubricating the gasket. There remains the problem of the ballerina ring, not able to maintain the positioning of the triangle at 12 o'clock. But I'm “satisfied”, patience.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Haha so they got the half tub of grease everywhere but where it was needed. Nice.

To fix the 12 o'clock alignment with a glued insert like CF it's easiest to take the insert out and re-position it then re-glue or tape it.

If an insert is press fit (especially a GMT) it is less risky to remove the crystal retaining ring and rotate it a little to move the scallops and then the click ring plus bezel follow the shift.

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Haha so they got the half tub of grease everywhere but where it was needed. Nice.

To fix the 12 o'clock alignment with a glued insert like CF it's easiest to take the insert out and re-position it then re-glue or tape it.

If an insert is press fit (especially a GMT) it is less risky to remove the crystal retaining ring and rotate it a little to move the scallops and then the click ring plus bezel follow the shift.

The problem is that the triangle is positioned at 12 o'clock, but it does not remain fixed, it has a slack. As soon as I move my wrist a little harder, it moves, or if I move the bezel very slowly.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Guys I solved by lubricating the gasket. There remains the problem of the ballerina ring, not able to maintain the positioning of the triangle at 12 o'clock. But I'm “satisfied”, patience.

Just to clarify, when you say you solved by lubricating the gasket, do you mean you simply lubricated the white hytrel ring? If so, did you use silicone grease and how much did you apply?

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Just to clarify, when you say you solved by lubricating the gasket, do you mean you simply lubricated the white hytrel ring? If so, did you use silicone grease and how much did you apply?

I sprinkled some wd40.

Reactions: butler182

k.stoichkov

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/16
My friends, I received my qc-s what do you think? Do you see any problems? On the 4 mark there seems an unpolished dot and it can be seen in multiple photos, i don’t think it’s an illusion from the light. :/ Also the clasp cap, is it supposed to stay like this with this gap or maybe it’s a bit odd because of the angle of view?

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
My friends, I received my qc-s what do you think? Do you see any problems? On the 4 mark there seems an unpolished dot and it can be seen in multiple photos, i don’t think it’s an illusion from the light. :/ Also the clasp cap, is it supposed to stay like this with this gap or maybe it’s a bit odd because of the angle of view?

That dot at 4 is looks like a chip. I think it's a faulty insert itself since 6 transition is quite visible too. Also clasp cap doesn't sit properly since we know that CF uses ARF bracelets where everything is spot on. Could be one of those "fake" CF GMTs and TD isn't aware of it

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...0213572-warning-fake-clean-watches-everywhere

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I highly doubt JTime would source 'fake' CF GMT's, they've always had a good connection with ZZF/CF

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.

I would reject that one based on the insert. The clasp issue is no big deal as it can be tweaked into a better fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

k.stoichkov

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/16
Thank you for the quick answers <3 I will request another. I believe those are from a “new batch” or something, i hope the chip is not a common thing.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Wow, so many flaws in one single piece... not good...

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Didn't our TD Hontwatch mentioned 9 days ago, that he will stop selling CF-products because even he as a TD has problems to differentiate between genuine CF products and fake CFs?

"As I mentioned in my previous post regarding FAKE CLEAN subs, my main supplier does not have the best relationship with CLEAN factory and he often struggles to get stock within a reasonable time frame. This forces me to use alternative suppliers who aren't as reliable or trustworthy. I'm also not particularly familiar with CLEAN products and it's difficult to stay on top of all these new FAKES which are being pumped into the market. With this in mind, I have decided to stop supplying all CLEAN products."

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/pwn6qy/hontwatch_announcementwe_will_stop_selling_clean/

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
Didn't our TD Hontwatch mentioned 9 days ago, that he will stop selling CF-products because even he as a TD has problems to differentiate between genuine CF products and fake CFs?

"As I mentioned in my previous post regarding FAKE CLEAN subs, my main supplier does not have the best relationship with CLEAN factory and he often struggles to get stock within a reasonable time frame. This forces me to use alternative suppliers who aren't as reliable or trustworthy. I'm also not particularly familiar with CLEAN products and it's difficult to stay on top of all these new FAKES which are being pumped into the market. With this in mind, I have decided to stop supplying all CLEAN products."

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/pwn6qy/hontwatch_announcementwe_will_stop_selling_clean/

Yikes! Maybe it's a good idea to buy CF watches from Li? I know he has a good relationship with that factory. Hopefully his supplier is getting him the real CLEAN watches!

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
So now even CF have fake competitors, what a joke really.
This indicates the market is basically so short of rep supplies from those reputable known producers under the severe raid situation.

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
The CF insert color goes very well with the meteorite dial! Also the oyster bracelets on pepsi are starting to grow on me

Last edited: