• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Did the bezel gasket (hytrel ring) come off while you had the bezel off? If so, you may have re-installed the gasket upside down

Yes, the gasket has come off. I tried to install it several times, but the bezel remains blocked

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes, the gasket has come off. I tried to install it several times, but the bezel remains blocked

Is the hytrel ring damaged or stretched out? If not, try removing it from the bezel and re-inserting it in the opposite way from how you take it out. In most bezels it matters how the hytrel ring is oriented. And if it's installed upside down the bezel will have the exact result you describe. The bezel can be pressed on but it won't rotate.

Reactions: tlander13

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
I tried to install the gasket in reverse, but no result, the bezel nut remains fixed. Gasket is ok.
bf8a25b8cbf37d207d87ce712a0ee64b.jpg

e029bab43f2457385e34446d6807ddbe.jpg

b706c821622dccec47734c850e27bae7.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I would start by cleaning off all the grease from the case, the 3-pin click ring, and the bezel tension ring under it (washer). Then clean out as much of the grease as you can from the bezel underside (use Q-tips). What you can't clean off will be more than enough to do the job. I never use anything but a very thin coat of silicone grease on the hytrel ring. Don't put the bezel into an ultrasound cleaner or under a lot of soapy water with the insert installed unless you are ready to re-adhere the insert afterward.

Next refit the parts making sure the pin bases (oval feet) on the 3 pin click ring are situated inside a scallop on the crystal retaining ring. This can cause a blockage if the oval feet get jammed up on top of a scallop. Also make sure the pins are in the right holes (NOT the long oval holes) on the bezel underside. Then you have to make sure the oval feet don't pop up out of their scallop curve as you press the bezel on. If you get the bezel pressed on with the other parts still positioned correctly and it still won't rotate, switch the vertical orientation of the hytrel ring and try again. If it still won't rotate, the bezel tension ring (washer under the click ring) or the oval feet on the click ring may need to be carefully sanded a little so they work more smoothly.

wmQLI.jpg

wmtG4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pizzo and tlander13

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
CF Pepsi. Center dial hole is off
jm4VDF.jpg

Wow that's crazy, hour hand is gonna drag on that hole bump. I've enlarged a few dial center holes wirh a small bit in a pin vise. If anyone has to it's better to start on the front side because the opposite side will generate some burrs around the hole That one might just need some careful sanding or filing. Geez.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Wow that's crazy, hour hand is gonna drag on that hole bump. I've enlarged a few dial center holes wirh a small bit in a pin vise. If anyone has to it's better to start on the front side because the opposite side will generate some burrs around the hole That one might just need some careful sanding or filing. Geez.

More and more problems with those CF gmts... :\

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
My advice is avoid Clean watches because while they may look ok, they are poor rather poor quality.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
My advice is avoid Clean watches because while they may look ok, they are poor rather poor quality.

The only aspect that needs improvement is the sel shape (not a major issue really) and the components of the bezel assembly in particular the finishing of the soft click spring and the metal bezel washer which is a bigger operational issue. Sort these issues and it’s still the best Pepsi rep out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
I would start by cleaning off all the grease from the case, the 3-pin click ring, and the bezel tension ring under it (washer). Then clean out as much of the grease as you can from the bezel underside (use Q-tips). What you can't clean off will be more than enough to do the job. I never use anything but a very thin coat of silicone grease on the hytrel ring. Don't put the bezel into an ultrasound cleaner or under a lot of soapy water with the insert installed unless you are ready to re-adhere the insert afterward.

Next refit the parts making sure the pin bases (oval feet) on the 3 pin click ring are situated inside a scallop on the crystal retaining ring. This can cause a blockage if the oval feet get jammed up on top of a scallop. Also make sure the pins are in the right holes (NOT the long oval holes) on the bezel underside. Then you have to make sure the oval feet don't pop up out of their scallop curve as you press the bezel on. If you get the bezel pressed on with the other parts still positioned correctly and it still won't rotate, switch the vertical orientation of the hytrel ring and try again. If it still won't rotate, the bezel tension ring (washer under the click ring) or the oval feet on the click ring may need to be carefully sanded a little so they work more smoothly.

wmQLI.jpg

wmtG4.jpg

Thanks friend. I tried to remove as much fat as possible, but the ring does not turn. I noticed that every time I take out the whole bezel, the 3-pin click ring comes out with it and doesn't stay on the edge of the case, is this normal?
7b288c989dbd5793ed715620596c5f24.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The only aspect that needs improvement is the sel shape (not a major issue really) and the components of the bezel assembly in particular the finishing of the soft click spring and the metal bezel washer which is a bigger operational issue. Sort these issues and it’s still the best Pepsi rep out there.

I refer to Clean as a whole not just the Pepsi.

The current Clean Pepsi (with correct hand length and bezel lip) may be the best available but the adhesive taped insert, wonky bezel mechanism, worst crystal in the business and now an offset centre hole means ‘the best’ falls short of the standard I have come to expect from a $500+ replica.

Reactions: Pietros

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20

wmQLI.jpg

wmtG4.jpg

Thanks friend. I tried to remove as much fat as possible, but the ring does not turn. I noticed that every time I take out the whole bezel, the 3-pin click ring comes out with it and doesn't stay on the edge of the case, is this normal?

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Sorry for the double post, internet error

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Sorry for the double post, internet error

Are you using a crystal press? Which one, not the £10 one is it?

Ideally you need a decent press for this, if you are using the cheap one you have to take some time over the actual pressing, keep checking and micro adjusting the position of the die with one hand while holding the press with the other.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
I refer to Clean as a whole not just the Pepsi.

The current Clean Pepsi (with correct hand length and bezel lip) may be the best available but the adhesive taped insert, wonky bezel mechanism, worst crystal in the business and now an offset centre hole means ‘the best’ falls short of the standard I have come to expect from a $500+ replica.

A bit of exaggeration buddy! Only VSF crystal was better because of its cyclops than others, Clean is no worse than the other makers of rep Rolex crystals. So far we have had an off centre hole mentioned once that I’m aware of! It’s a rep for godsake! Expectations should be lowered a bit to be honest. You should have seen reps twenty years ago and yes I agree at a higher $ price point we should get better qc control but overall reps have come a very long way in a short time.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20

Perfectly normal for it to come away together. On the genuine spring the edges are nicely rounded and polished creating a smoother movement with less friction and very probably has better tension over the clean spring too. It would be very easy to make an improved part but clean probably have many many shit parts to use up first!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

We need to determine if the problem is your hytrel ring or the 3 pin click ring. So try this. Take the hytrel ring out and set the bezel in place. See if it rotates the click ring past the scallops in the crystal retaining ring smoothly. I've had click rings whose oval feet were simply too big to fit in the bezel space provided when the oval foot was not in a scallop recess.

This retaining ring is off the watch and fit to a die so I could see what was happening. You can see how the oval foot binds in the space as soon as it leaves the scallop recess. That's what I was referring to earlier about sanding down the oval feet a little.

jmEm1s.jpg

If your bezel works OK without the hytrel ring, try the opposite arrangement. Put the hytrel ring in and leave the click ring out. See if you get normal rotation. If it doesn't rotate swap the hytrel ring vertical orientation and try again. Post back for more discussion.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
A bit of exaggeration buddy! Only VSF crystal was better because of its cyclops than others, Clean is no worse than the other makers of rep Rolex crystals. So far we have had an off centre hole mentioned once that I’m aware of! It’s a rep for godsake! Expectations should be lowered a bit to be honest. You should have seen reps twenty years ago and yes I agree at a higher $ price point we should get better qc control but overall reps have come a very long way in a short time.

I have a CF Pepsi on the way, but are you happy with the case they’re using? Isn’t it like a maxi sub case with those lugs?

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Guys I solved by lubricating the gasket. There remains the problem of the ballerina ring, not able to maintain the positioning of the triangle at 12 o'clock. But I'm “satisfied”, patience.