• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the side-by-side comp KJ. Just to clarify, are you saying you think the stock CF crystal gasket will likely work fine with a gen spec crystal (ie the Clark), assuming I can adjust the crystal height to an acceptable level?

More an indication that the height of the stock gasket would be OK with a gen-spec crystal. I prefer to replace crystal gaskets with a new one if I can. But yes you could do that if the stock gasket is not damaged during removal.

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
Haven’t enjoyed a rep as much as this for some time now.

9a5dd1f48f7a3dbddbf35eb50e7bbfd9.jpg

1b009d5bdecd5b6d2e59e0b82fe30093.jpg

6b537e82616865d79dfb0d65adf32386.jpg

does this have a bezel lip mod? Or is this just an update from CF? Your bezel lip looks great!

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
I’ve been hearing that the bezel lip mod affects the proper functioning of the bezel turning. Is that true?

Also, did you do the bezel mod yourself, or did you send to a modder?

I did it myself using KJ2020’s guide. Actually when my watch came, the bezel action was already wonky. The mod did not make it any worse or improve it in any way. I guess it does not affect bezel action since the mod is only done on the upper side of the bezel.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I did it myself using KJ2020’s guide. Actually when my watch came, the bezel action was already wonky. The mod did not make it any worse or improve it in any way. I guess it does not affect bezel action since the mod is only done on the upper side of the bezel.

^ This

Bezel mod will not affect operation.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
More an indication that the height of the stock gasket would be OK with a gen-spec crystal. I prefer to replace crystal gaskets with a new one if I can. But yes you could do that if the stock gasket is not damaged during removal.

Got it. Thanks bro. From your comp pics, it looks like even with a gen crystal the date font is still a hair oversized...not bad at all, but just a little too big/bold. Presumably a gen date wheel (or better date wheel) is the only way to get it perfect. Would you agree?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Got it. Thanks bro. From your comp pics, it looks like even with a gen crystal the date font is still a hair oversized...not bad at all, but just a little too big/bold. Presumably a gen date wheel (or better date wheel) is the only way to get it perfect. Would you agree?

Even gen has slight variations. I really wouldn't bother, unless your date wheel is particularly bad / misaligned. It's certainly passable under normal real world conditions. It's just rep game paranoia sinking in. Change crystal, and you will be fine.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Shaving the gasket down a tad to a custom size would do it. Provided the crystal sitting height would allow for that. That's the other part of the puzzle, if you really want perfection.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Even gen has slight variations. I really wouldn't bother, unless your date wheel is particularly bad / misaligned. It's certainly passable under normal real world conditions. It's just rep game paranoia sinking in. Change crystal, and you will be fine.

Yeah, I think your're right. I think I'm going to swap in a Clark crystal, do the KJ lip mod and call it a day. Actually, for my old ass eyes, the slightly larger date font is a bonus! :hypno:

Reactions: KJ2020

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Today my two gmts arrived. One has the ballerina bezel, the other is not centered at 12 o'clock. I tried to remove the bezel to fix it, and to put it back it remains blocked, it doesn't turn anymore. What could be the problem?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Today my two gmts arrived. One has the ballerina bezel, the other is not centered at 12 o'clock. I tried to remove the bezel to fix it, and to put it back it remains blocked, it doesn't turn anymore. What could be the problem?

This is a known problem of the CF GMTs. Just leave it as it is for cosmetic purpose only. Forget about its supposed to be function.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Does anyone make a better jubilee bracelet (ie with better SEL) that fits properly into the CF case?

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Does anyone make a better jubilee bracelet (ie with better SEL) that fits properly into the CF case?

I have the latest noob pepsi on jubilee (with high transition @ 18 insert), a CF blro on oyster and a CF blnr on jubilee. I totally agree with previous messages that CF jubilee SELs are crap compared to noob.

So around a couple of days ago being bored I decided to swap the CF blnr's jubilee on the CF blro and vice versa. To my surprise, after the swap I noticed that SELs fitted like a glove even better than they were before. But still the CF SELs are crap so I experimented with putting the noob jubilee on the CF blro (that already had jubilee after the swap) but keeping on the CF clasp. Man, the result was even better! Noob SELs fit perfect on CF case and CF SELs fit perfect on noob case.

However, noob links have thinner holes than CF and also the screws are different. So I couldn't use CF's screw and spring bar on noob's first link and extension. The only negative thing is that the noob screw doesn't sit flush on the CF's clasp link but I don't mind it at all.

Result is awesome in a weird way. All three watches feel more solid than before lol. No fake sound play and very gen feel.

The only thing that I noticed on both jubilees is that even though they are fixed for the same wrist (exactly same number of links and same quick extension clasp position), one is slightly tighter than the other when worn. One could need the extension link to be open on a humid day and the other no. I guess it has to do with the holes and screws.. Maybe an expert can explain more.

Reactions: Foxxfire

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
All the jubilee reps I look at have the same wrong SEL. It's a very easy tell when looking a real or rep jubilee bracelet.

Sorry to hear that. I was just on the jtime site looking at SS jubilees from all the factories and they all look pretty bad IMO. Too bad there isn't a good aftermarket upgrade....that would be a really nice improvement.

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
This is a known problem of the CF GMTs. Just leave it as it is for cosmetic purpose only. Forget about its supposed to be function.

But now the ring is really blocked, how can I fix it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Did the bezel gasket (hytrel ring) come off while you had the bezel off? If so, you may have re-installed the gasket upside down