• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It’s pretty obvious that the watch has been updated with longer minute hand and slightly better bezel. The insert is exactly the same.

Asalamu posted pics of an insert that was obviously different and had zero transition lines.. nearly a gen looking insert. He also posted this photo in the BLNR section but I’ve still seen no insert this good even on these new so called v2 watches on either the BLNR or BLRO
ec90fa080a445ed562b3e93321363034.jpg

We asked asalamu to post more pics of this V2 BLRO superior insert watch and his response was “I’ll post more pics when the weather gets better”.
Maybe he does have the watch in hand but I’m sure the weather has improved by now but we’ve seen nothing!
There’s literally two photos of this cherry no transitions line insert and that’s it… Nada!!

So until there’s flowing Qc’s available to us the “the international market’” of this insert then there’s no credible evidence of it’s actual existence yet. For those who believe in conspiracy’s maybe asalamu works for or is CF trying to trick us all into buying another Pepsi lol… jokes.

Asking trusted dealers may not give us a credible answers either. If CF factory are that dodgy maybe CF is passing on false info to our TD’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
mnkoshka No join lines, that could well be a gen insert or gen watch for all we know

Exactly! I also noticed on these photos the dial doesn’t seem to have the concave paint droop into the middle where the pinion hole is.

I just hope I’m proven wrong. We are all hoping for a better insert

Reactions: Jayalvin777

onionlala

Horology Curious
17/9/15
39Ry7On

https://imgur.com/39Ry7On

I recently bought the CF Pepsi and removed the bezel to add the "bezel lip", but damaged the white bezel gasket in the process, and now cannot secure the bezel back on the case. The gasket is damaged so impossible to put it back in that groove on the inner side of the bezel.

I searched on ebay and they do sell gen rolex GMT bezel gaskets but not sure if these ones will fit the CF case?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/311324764390

Does anyone know the dimensions of the bezel gasket or know where I can find one?

Thanks.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
I had to refinish the whole assembly and machine a proper hytrel gasket....

How did you machine the hytrel gasket? What equipment and specs did you use? Seems like that would be extremely difficult.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
How did you machine the hytrel gasket? What equipment and specs did you use? Seems like that would be extremely difficult.

i work as an advanced manual machinist. I used an accurate lathe and my own custom made tooling.
the gasket is made to fit the cf parts.. it is difficult to machine thin plastic parts but it can be done

Last edited:

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
i work as an advanced manual machinist. I used an accurate lathe and my own custom made tooling.
the gasket is made to fit the cf parts.. it is difficult to machine thin plastic parts but it can be done

You made the hytrel ring with a manual lathe? If so, that's impressive! If you used a CNC lathe, you could punch out a few hundred pieces and sell them on here for a nice profit I'm sure. From what I've read, it seems like it's very hard to find a proper working after market hytrel ring for most reps.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Yes I machine complete cases as well… all manually. I don’t use CNC it’s expensive here and specific arbours and cutting tips Need to be custom made to get a worthwhile product for production and sale. Plastics deflect massively on small cuts with bigger machines and inconsistencies frequently occur. finishing would normally need to be checked by hand and de burred . Overall it’s probably just not worth it for the unit sale price. Plus all the reps are slightly different so these tolerances may not be completely achievable easily.

To be honest I just normally buy gen ones and machine the whole new crystal retaining ring to suit the rep I have at the time

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
I know many of you confirmed that Jtime said there is no v2 for the CF. I also wanted to share my messages with him.

I have the CF Pepsi and I was hoping that the news for a v2 is real. If it is please tell us where to buy it from.

I appreciate this community and I hoping to hear good news about an actual v2.

Thank you

2671ad45ff3fadd09853d2a6de0ceefe.png

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
QC will be in for me for the apparent "new batch" of CF BLRO.

My dealer just received new batch of stocks from clean, only concern is that clean might do us dirty by mixing old and new stocks to the dealers themselves.

Keep you guys posted tomorrow.

Reactions: Uhr70

btrizzy1

Known Member
26/12/09
Question for current CF owners: is the crystal and cyclops acceptable or is it worth going with a prof or gen crystal?

Munz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/21
United Kingdom
QC will be in for me for the apparent "new batch" of CF BLRO.

My dealer just received new batch of stocks from clean, only concern is that clean might do us dirty by mixing old and new stocks to the dealers themselves.

Keep you guys posted tomorrow.

I spoke to one onewatch and he is saying that there is no V2 so I am now lost.
Which TD are you dealing with?

Sent from the RWI App