• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Wow chief, stay mad hahah.

Everyone looked at the photos Asa posted and jumped to conclusions about new inserts. Asas photos appear to have had hue or saturation changes made among other small tweaks to produce very pleasing photos, but they don't look raw to me at all.
I don't think there is any new insert. There might be slight batch variation, CF might even have made it marginally more red recently, but so far there's very little hard evidence to prove anything. All we have is 160 pages of raging butthurt over a 600 dollar rep of a 25 thousand dollar watch while 4-5 gen owners are probably sitting and laughing themselves to tears.
Correct

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Just received the watch (sent to Modder). Here is the QC (ordered from Trusty). It has a lip (albeit small) and longer minute hand.
jLENv1.jpg
jLEfzj.jpg
jLEFO4.jpg

Last edited:

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
Has the prices for those Pepsi's been risen by TDs? They quote $550 for that. Was VRF or Noob the same?

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
for those of you who have the watch in hand, what do you think of the current insert colors?
i'm almost tempted to get the watch while it still has the current insert, i know its not true to the gen but i think i prefer the darker red and blue

i'm not sure i'd like an accurate inser that turns purple and cherry red... or am i mad??

Reactions: leo6929

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
for those of you who have the watch in hand, what do you think of the current insert colors?
i'm almost tempted to get the watch while it still has the current insert, i know its not true to the gen but i think i prefer the darker red and blue

i'm not sure i'd like an accurate inser that turns purple and cherry red... or am i mad??
Buy what you like. I have it, the insert is not like gen but it's a well built watch. Movement is extremely smooth on mine

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Everyone looked at the photos Asa posted and jumped to conclusions about new inserts. Asas photos appear to have had hue or saturation changes made among other small tweaks to produce very pleasing photos, but they don't look raw to me at all.
I don't think there is any new insert. There might be slight batch variation, CF might even have made it marginally more red recently, but so far there's very little hard evidence to prove anything. All we have is 160 pages of raging butthurt over a 600 dollar rep of a 25 thousand dollar watch while 4-5 gen owners are probably sitting and laughing themselves to tears.

Asalama-alaykum any response to the claims your insert photos have been modified to look better than it is?

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14

Gen Pepsi's have had 3 different color changes in their bezel's that I know of. Go look on The Rolex Forum, they were going nuts of this in the past.

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
Just received the watch (sent to Modder). Here is the QC (ordered from Trusty). It has a lip (albeit small) and longer minute hand.

I don't think that this one has got a longer hand. The lip seem to be the same as the previous ones too.It is there in certain angles. But I would't sweat it...
Check out the pics I posted a couple days ago.

And the insert coulours of yours look very good and cherry like. Could be colour tweaking thogh?

srhoque

28/11/18
I don't think that this one has got a longer hand. The lip seem to be the same as the previous ones too.It is there in certain angles. But I would't sweat it...
Check out the pics I posted a couple days ago.

And the insert coulours of yours look very good and cherry like. Could be colour tweaking thogh?

Thank you for your feedback. It is getting gen hands anyways :p I agree with you on the insert color, TDs try to make it look good. I might also do the lip mod later.

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
Thank you for your feedback. It is getting gen hands anyways :p I agree with you on the insert color, TDs try to make it look good. I might also do the lip mod later.

If you're forking out 400 bux for gen hands, I also would install a gen crystal and maybe DW.
I am wearing mine stock for the time beeing, when and if a better( case, etc)version comes along, i will mod it as well.

funkyfrog

Known Member
8/12/15

in dim or normal light it looks legit, out in the sun...Not so.
OH WHAT SHALL WE DO

srhoque

28/11/18
If you're forking out 400 bux for gen hands, I also would install a gen crystal and maybe DW.
I am wearing mine stock for the time beeing, when and if a better( case, etc)version comes along, i will mod it as well.

Yep, getting gen xtal/crown/DW and quite a few parts in the movement too. Putting a gen hytrel gasket too. Thanks for the suggestion!!

I am not that worried about case also. Its an easy swap if/when something better comes along. Like to get the internals of the watch right first.

Reactions: leo6929

srhoque

28/11/18
What parts do you plan on (or recommend) changing in the VR3186 movement?

This is what I do (you make your own call). Movement is where I spend the most on my project. Many might consider this an overkill but to each his/her/it own :D
  • Winding Stem, entire autowind module, Ratchet Wheel, Barrel + Mainspring, Winding and Sliding Pinion
  • Minute Pinion with Canon Pinion (better fitment for gen hands)
  • All the date parts (Date Disc, Seating for Date Indicator, Date Wheel Mounted, Intermediate Date Wheel, Jumper, Finger and Corrector Wheel)
  • Jumping Hour Module

Last edited:
Reactions: BiH855

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
This is what I do (you make your own call). Movement is where I spend the most on my project. Many might consider this an overkill but to each his/her/it own :D
  • Winding Stem, entire autowind module, Ratchet Wheel, Barrel + Mainspring, Winding and Sliding Pinion
  • Minute Pinion with Canon Pinion (better fitment for gen hands)
  • All the date parts (Date Disc, Seating for Date Indicator, Date Wheel Mounted, Intermediate Date Wheel, Jumper, Finger and Corrector Wheel)
  • Jumping Hour Module

Wow...that's a big list! Do you strictly source gen parts or do you use some generic aftermarket parts with Rolex specs for some of the less visible items?

srhoque

28/11/18
Wow...that's a big list! Do you strictly source gen parts or do you use some generic aftermarket parts with Rolex specs for some of the less visible items?

All gen parts either used (quite a few on ebay that I have good experience with) or brand new.