• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
83a81839921cd5eb6fc6187a6c4cd9e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Yes that’s gen.. although the lip is not lit up, you can tell immediately it doesn’t have a loud white gasket around the crystal.

Clasp codes? Fine details. This is a high end rep, it’s $500 not $200, details are important, if the code said FUK or DIK or 18K or 888 or was 4 digit or something else nuts you’d want to know right?

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Clasp codes? Fine details. This is a high end rep, it’s $500 not $200, details are important, if the code said FUK or DIK or 18K or 888 or was 4 digit or something else nuts you’d want to know right?

No. It's a clasp code. It's not visible. It is entirely irrelevant, if it said "Street Fighter" on it, I couldn't careless. It's a clasp code, the only thing clasp codes have ever been useful for in the rep community is to identify the manufacturer of the bracelet... as often ARF, NOOB they used unique clasp code references for themselves... That is it.

Talking about codes on a clasp (as if they're some flaw) is just beyond pedantic.

Reactions: Pdatoon

EagleBear

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/15
SoCal
Ok I need to know just for sh*T’s and giggles … clasp code 101 Fam.
Do we all know what the letter and number combinations represent on the actual clasp? ding ding ding!!
That’s right folks year and month of production. Do we all know when Rolex stopped sharing that information with the gen pop? Right again folks 2010 that’s when they went “Random” so we think, see there is no such thing as “Random”
To them every letter and number combination represents something. If it was truly random then we would have multiple cases with the same combinations. So let’s look at these random numbers for a sec. Do they mean anything to anyone outside the inner circle of Rolex Gods? Let’s take my clasp code on my Gen for instance it’s - 1LP can anyone tell me what this combination represents? I have seen multiple combinations with the same yr and month as mine could it be that they still represent something to someone other than you and I? I believe that my Gen Pepsi and the other few that have chimed in on this thread if we were to sit together in the same room and swap watches would be able to see minor variations with the naked eye, from yes clasp codes to slight differences in depth of said code stamp. Not to mention crown positioning or even dial variations.

Reactions: BOSSK

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
if you have only one choice to get for you which one will you prefer as it is out the box " Noob with the lip or CF no lip? nothing compare well to the genuine anyway most were complain about the red on the CF but actually i see the blue is way worst then the red. still CF is one of the best pepsi replica on the market, it will never be a pepsi as NWBIG replica ever anyway. and the genuine is a real gem.

I don't mean to be evasive but I wouldn't pick either. I like my ROF a lot. I know some people have had some issues with the bezel not rotating well or the clasp or crystal not being great but this one is an excellent sample. It's completely stock except for a 10 minute paint mod to help hide the join lines. It's got a little bit of lip and little bit of cherry. I'm not going to worry about doing any better any time soon. There's a lot to be said for knowing when to quit, haha.

16276834356103.jpg

16276833680932.jpg

Last edited:

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Hello fellow watch freaks…

effb2dd2e6610e350421c199de971310.jpg

Wow!!!! The purple-ish blue, the cherry red, and that bezel lip!!!!
That's one of the sexiest photos I've seen!!! (and I've seen a lot of sexy photos of many sexy ladies!!!)
Congratulations on your beautiful Rolex Pepsi. Especially on oyster bracelet!!!!!

Reactions: EagleBear

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Would a Clark xtal work instead of a Gen xtal? I understand these are pretty good for the price…

Yes. The $34.50 Clark's with AR cyclops are a decent improvement. I've used a lot of them. I would buy 2 gaskets for them (I like to have 3 on hand). You get one gasket with purchase but it's useful to have a 2.7mm and a 2.85mm for an install in case the date mag looks off using the rep crystal. Ask the vendor to send you a special listing for all parts so you don't pay double shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1764854788

Last edited: