• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

dont watch me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/21
UK
To be honest, I'm surprised anyone gives a shit about the lip to be perfectly frank. Nobody noticed it, not until Street fighter pointed out. That doesn't remove the flaw, but what it does tell you is that nobody noticed it. Even with SUPER critical eyes... and they were many critiques thrown at the watch. The point is, it only took hyper critical user + some very dramatic individuals to turn the LIP into a massive issue.

Reality being that, the flaw is so small, so minute, that even under the scrutiny of the 99% they didn't detect it, yourself and myself included. Thus, we can conclude from this that the flaw really isn't a big deal at all. As you say, colours perhaps are a bigger issue.

I for one did not notice the bezel lip but what I did notice is that the pepsi CF didn't look right. I couldn't put my finger on what it was but I knew ther was something wrong. I personally thought the gen had a bezel that was more flat and sunk in to the case. Everytime I seen the gen it just looked beautiful. The only time I was satisfied when looking at a rep was when I saw the Noob. But I still didn't know what it was. I didn't know why it looked so beautiful I just knew that Noob did something right that no one else did. Everytime I seen a rep including CF I was thinking why do I not like this watch as much as the gen. Ther was something weird going on with the way the bezel sits or something like that. I didn't know what it was but I knew ther was something wrong but it was blatant cuz it just wasnt as sexy. Then Streetfighter pointed out the bezel lip and that's when I knew that my eye for sexiness wasn't decieving me. It was a bloody little bezel lip. That little bezel lip was the finishing touch and made such a difference to how it looked. Wether I noticed the actual bezel lip or not. I still noticed that a gen was sexy and the rep wasn't so much so. And that was thanks to them 1 or 2 millimeters of lip. Lol.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Gen owners are one of the most valuable resource we have on this forum. Nothing compares to a Gen Vs Rep in hand review, followed next by a Gen owner sharing pics (Like StreetFighter) in similar angles, lighting etc. To call that resource OCD, or over the top or irrelevant really isn’t fair. It’s the best resource we have.

My advice in this hobby is ALWAYS wait for reputable Gen owners option/review before jumping into a new release rep, if closest to Gen is important to you.

Other hot tip is avoid the opinions of users who use sweeping grand statements and over the top and dramatic descriptors (good and bad).

Following the above would have cut this thread in half!

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Gen owners are one of the most valuable resource we have on this forum. Nothing compares to a Gen Vs Rep in hand review, followed next by a Gen owner sharing pics (Like StreetFighter) in similar angles, lighting etc. To call that resource OCD, or over the top or irrelevant really isn’t fair. It’s the best resource we have.

My advice in this hobby is ALWAYS wait for reputable Gen owners option/review before jumping into a new release rep, if closest to Gen is important to you.

Other hot tip is avoid the opinions of users who use sweeping grand statements and over the top and dramatic descriptors (good and bad).

Following the above would have cut this thread in half!

Well said.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
The lip is there. Whether or not it is a deal breaker is up to the individual.
Personally I think it is pretty close to a speed bump.
But hey I live with worse. Wore my GMF BLNR with the ICHS etc etc all week!

Pics of the watch are beautiful in their own right.

alexcast

23/6/19
I dare all the people that just posts hate about the lip and the color, to but one piece and once in their hands express their opinion in a full review post a photo doesn’t show the real thing

In my photo I don’t see the brown that dumbest trolls about or the lip that diamond keeps telling about.

Buy one, take a risk and then talk…

e0f9184df5d9de98729595b029fa915a.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I for one did not notice the bezel lip but what I did notice is that the pepsi CF didn't look right. I couldn't put my finger on what it was but I knew ther was something wrong. Everytime I seen the gen it just looked beautiful. The only time I was satisfied when looking at a rep was when I saw the Noob. But I still didn't know what it was. I didn't know why it looked so beautiful I just knew that Noob did something right that no one else did. Everytime I seen a rep including CF I was thinking why do I not like this watch as much as the gen. Ther was something weird going on with the way the bezel sits or something like that. I didn't know what it was but I knew ther was something wrong but it was blatant cuz it just wasnt as sexy. Then Streetfighter pointed out the bezel lip and that's when I knew that my eye for sexiness wasn't decieving me. It was a bloody little bezel lip. That little bezel lip was the finishing touch and made such a difference to how it looked. Wether I noticed the actual bezel lip or not. I still noticed that a gen was sexy and the rep wasn't so much so. And that was thanks to them 1 or 2 millimeters of lip. Lol.

Well said and I agree 100%.
Sometimes it's the finest of details that make all the difference in the world. And in the case of a gen BLRO, the cherry red is the icing on the cake, as is that bezel lip.
Great post. Bravo.

Reactions: dont watch me

alexcast

23/6/19
Well said and I agree 100%.
Sometimes it's the finest of details that make all the difference in the world. And in the case of a gen BLRO, the cherry red is the icing on the cake, as is that bezel lip.
Great post. Bravo.

Buy only gen and get out of the replica forums

Reactions: Navigator H4

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21

That's a bit rude. We all like the look of a gen BLRO, but not all of us are fortunate enough to buy one. That's why reps are made. Currently the VRF Max is the best option cause it has those details of cherry red and the bezel lip that Clean's Pepsi does not. No need to be condescending to your fellow members. We're all here learning together.

dont watch me

25/5/21
UK

Why should he? Maybe he wanted a pepsi rep but wasn't happy with any of the releases. Maybe they just wasn't up to his standard. Maybe he owns a dozen other reps but not this one. What's it do with you anyway. Is it really hurting u that some people are not happy with this CF release. Why can't u just be happy with what your happy with and enjoy the watch that u love so much. Why do u care about our opinions. Are we not allowed to have opinions on this forum?

Reactions: Uhr70

shamanblues999

25/4/18
Hope this honest and humble opinion helps those who like me like watches but are not super worried about every minor detail. No matter what ppl say, you wont change the minds of those who see flaws (micro or macro). It's ok. Their opinion. For those casual watch lovers who appreciate other things, here is my honest opinion after actually having this watch in my hand AND having had the opportunity to examine, hold and taken pictures previously of a gen. Fat lugs?, present but not an issue, barely noticeable, bezel lip?, sure, not necessarily there on the CF (2 microns are not there, sure), not an issue unless you start posting on IG. Dial, rehaut, hands, not an issue. You wont get called out for those things. For me what was noticeable, again after having felt and experienced the gen from a co-worker is the bezel color. Minor on the red (not as pronounced as one might think, the red on the CF is not bad in person imo), but the blue in direct sun light does make a difference, not so much indoors. There is a previous post by SFbatman I believe and you can see the difference, the gen blue is purplish whereas the CF is royal blue. Not a deal killer but imo that is the only noticeable flaw that might get you called out. Enjoy the watch its a beauty... not a perfect rep for sure, but a beauty nonetheless.
PsNkdSX.jpg
[/IMG]
HmgjWQg.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

shamanblues999

25/4/18
ea673f451dd966277eacf11aca57105a.jpg

c6fca6e47d4566bca5a63ffe80e77a38.jpg
Got both bracelets to swap whenever. They are nice, sturdy and well made. Only issue I had was that the freaking screws in the links wouldn’t come out. It was a pain in the arse to remove them. Even after an overnight oil bath spa. Just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
That's a bit rude. We all like the look of a gen BLRO, but not all of us are fortunate enough to buy one. That's why reps are made. Currently the VRF Max is the best option cause it has those details of cherry red and the bezel lip that Clean's Pepsi does not. No need to be condescending to your fellow members. We're all here learning together.

My CF bezel is far superior to the one I had on my ROF (same as VRF bezel). Much more Gen like. Color changes based on light. I don’t think you’d second guess this bezel if you had one in hand. I did not care for my ROF bezel at all, but at the time I still thought I was the best available.

BoobBandit

resident fallguy
24/5/21
wouldn’t you like to know
My CF bezel is far superior to the one I had on my ROF (same as VRF bezel). Much more Gen like. Color changes based on light. I don’t think you’d second guess this bezel if you had one in hand. I did not care for my ROF bezel at all, but at the time I still thought I was the best available.

On the CF In person, the color is very dynamic . It can look dramatically different in different lighting, ranging from a blood red/brownish to a cherry red.

Reactions: shamanblues999