• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

dont watch me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/21
UK
Those that have stated there opinions about flaws great! Let’s move on because stating these flaws “ for the benefit of other to make a choice” is turning into 1200 pages of dribble. Nobody benefits from having to filter through that for what could be explained in a paragraph, otherwise you get members asking the same questions at post #956 because because of perpetuated nonsense and cycle continues.

What we used to do on this forum
Is rely on people that actually owning the gen and rep going to some actual effort to do a proper photo comparison pointing out the facts /pros and cons and then we can discuss some ways to fix it or modify it in a mature manner. Anyway I’ll stop adding to the dribble and move on I’ve ordered mine and will post some useful info once received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One man's trash is another man's treasure. To you it may be dribble to someone else it could be informative.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
This is what I see. It's up to you guys to judge if you can live with the flaws or not.
jHH3LI.jpg

This is for educational purposes, I'm not trying to insult anyone or ruin anyone's day.
So no one saw this on the on the dealers web photos?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Here is the thing. The rep lovers say the people criticizing the watch keep repeating it in circles. Yet when I only criticized it once I get called a whiner. Then I get called miserable, and paranoid. Then a troll. Then I see someone straight up lie about how the Pepsi is actually not inaccurate cause of some bullshit information about the gen. So of course I'd retort to that. If people weren't so sensitive the back and forth wouldn't occur over and over again. Accept that people have issue with the watch and the repeating wouldn't happen.

Last edited:

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
This is what I see. It's up to you guys to judge if you can live with the flaws or not.
jHH3LI.jpg

This is for educational purposes, I'm not trying to insult anyone or ruin anyone's day.

Thanks mate, i can live with the flaws…..but probably soon we will se a V2 here….;-)

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
jHH3LI.jpg

For me the sel is not really an issue but the bezel profile and how the insert sits into it is. It’s not just the lip profile. Yes I’ve improved mine to some degree but on the gen the visible raised crystal edge comes from how the insert sits in the bezel unlike the regular GMT’s. I’ve said this for a very long time ever since Noob released theirs with a correct profile. I had the gen Pepsi pretty much the day it released along with the Tudor Pepsi too and loved the subtle differences it had over the regular oyster sports models but the dealer side of me preferred a £6k profit!
Hopefully an improved model comes along as is always the case but then something else will be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
For me the sel is not really an issue but the bezel profile and how the insert sits into it is. It’s not just the lip profile. Yes I’ve improved mine to some degree but on the gen the visible raised crystal edge comes from how the insert sits in the bezel unlike the regular GMT’s. I’ve said this for a very long time ever since Noob released theirs with a correct profile. I had the gen Pepsi pretty much the day it released along with the Tudor Pepsi too and loved the subtle differences it had over the regular oyster sports models but the dealer side of me preferred a £6k profit!
Hopefully an improved model comes along as is always the case but then something else will be wrong.

Just wanted to add that you are one of the most sensible rep owners here who doesn't get emotional over the rep and looks at it objectively. Kudos

Last edited:

dont watch me

25/5/21
UK
I've ordered both a pepsi VRF max and a pepsi CF. So I will see for myself which I think is the best. If I decided I wanted to swap the inserts would that be a problem or would it just easily fit in to the other case. Also the clasp would that be able to be swapped. Or are they all different sizes. From my understanding a VRF max case with a CF insert and CF bracelet or maybe just a CF clasp instead of the whole bracelet, would be the best combination from the two in my opinion. What do u think guys what would you lot do if you had both a VRF max and CF? Also is what I wanted to do possible and easily done without expert modding?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I've ordered both a pepsi VRF max and a pepsi CF. So I will see for myself which I think is the best. If I decided I wanted to swap the inserts would that be a problem or would it just easily fit in to the other case. Also the clasp would that be able to be swapped. Or are they all different sizes. From my understanding a VRF max case with a CF insert and CF bracelet or maybe just a CF clasp instead of the whole bracelet, would be the best combination from the two in my opinion. What do u think guys what would you lot do if you had both a VRF max and CF? Also is what I wanted to do possible and easily done without expert modding?

From what I understand swapping inserts is risky and generally not advised. But swapping bezels with the insert already in the bezel is not risky. Which is better in this scenario anyways cause of the lip on the VRF as opposed to the nonexistent one on the CF. I'm not a watch smith so I'm not sure if the CF base will definitely accept the new bezel. If you take the hyrtel ring and crystal retaining ring from the VRF and put it in the CF it may be possible.

Last edited:

dont watch me

25/5/21
UK
From what I understand swapping inserts is risky and generally not advised. But swapping bezels with the insert already in the bezel is not risky. Which is better in this scenario anyways cause of the lip on the VRF as opposed to the nonexistent one on the CF. I'm not a watch smith so I'm not sure if the CF base will definitely accept the new bezel. If you take the hyrtel ring and crystal retaining ring from the VRF and put it in the CF it may be possible.

So the way your saying will I end up with the fat lugs? cuz I defo don't want them on my final version. Lol

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.

There are sometimes differences between parts of each maker, different thickness of the hytrel ring for example but the basic dimensions of the case and crystal retainer is usually gen spec although ARF did use very thick crystal gaskets at one time but not sure now so in general a whole assembly should swap over without issue. I will add that the VRF although having a thicker leading edge than CF it is still not close to the gen design. Only Noob did that correctly.
I guess the nearest to gen is the CF Batman which has already been confirmed but blue black inserts are not great so far from the pics I’ve seen.

Reactions: Duckber

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So the way your saying will I end up with the fat lugs? cuz I defo don't want them on my final version. Lol

Woops, just reverse what I said and switch cf and vrf around. You'll have a lipless bezel with the cf insert but if you want to try the insert with a lipped vrf it's very risky to try the swap

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Spoke with Li yesterday, factory has been made aware of the flaws, hopefully an updated version will be available in the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

dont watch me

25/5/21
UK
There are sometimes differences between parts of each maker, different thickness of the hytrel ring for example but the basic dimensions of the case and crystal retainer is usually gen spec although ARF did use very thick crystal gaskets at one time but not sure now so in general a whole assembly should swap over without issue. I will add that the VRF although having a thicker leading edge than CF it is still not close to the gen design. Only Noob did that correctly.
I guess the nearest to gen is the CF Batman which has already been confirmed but blue black inserts are not great so far from the pics I’ve seen.

I know it's not going to be exactly identical to the gen but it's the best to my standards. I can't have a pepsi jubilee with no bezel lip and fat lugs. Puts me right off. I love the Noob version. In my opinion it's the best but I can't be walking around with a time bomb on my wrist ready to go off at any second. So that's a no for me. It's a shame really because I'd be really happy with a noob.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Spoke with Li yesterday, factory has been made aware of the flaws, hopefully an updated version will be available in the near future.

This is how it works. Factory puts out a watch, we dissect it, TD’s go back and tell the factory’s and they update it. This is the replica game.

Reactions: Meicmo84 and Uhr70

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
assholes you are, the other stuff maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's wrong with you, did we spoil the party?

You are the guy that was talking this nonsense?

The ‘bezel lip’ doesn’t figure as a design characteristic that is deliberate. The so called lip (and if there are shop drawings with tolerances specifically measuring the surface area, I’d like to see it). If the flat area next to the outer edge of the ceramic disc is being called a deliberate design characteristic, it appears a few microns wide, not even more than a few millimeters. Perhaps a different tooling configuration. In any case, it’s miniscule to be sure. A set of shop drawings with specific nomenclature delinitating the surface area prescribed means it’s a deliberate design.

I have never read so much drivel in the one post before. Where are your shop drawings for anything Rolex related nevermind a Pepsi bezel?
Sorry but after that conjecture nothing you say will be taken seriously by me.

Reactions: Uhr70 and Duckber