• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Take the last word, your fragile ego needs it. Maybe by having the last post the brown on your CF will turn more red?
Well today I went and picked up a gen tudor pelagos lhd so that's getting the most wrist time at the moment. Right time for a Spa.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I've owned the VRF Max and I can confidently tell you it's not up to par with the CF I'm about to receive, but you're welcome to your opinion. While I enjoyed the VRF I was disappointed by the finishing and rough transitions on the bezel insert, along with the crystal.. Admittedly while the CF crystal is only marginally better the finishing is far superior from all the user photos I've seen on here.

Heck last I checked on the latest batch of VRF Max pepsis the crystals somehow are significantly worse with distortion, both reps are in need of crystal swaps.

I think there are pros and cons to both and it is up to the user of course to decide what is best for them. The finishing is not up there with the CF if I use my Hulk but the CF, while finishing is better, is just so ungenlike that it's just not for me. But yes, it's a higher quality product. But, the colors are just nasty and don't make up for the higher finishing. Crystal is the same on both, again, judging from my CF Hulk. But yes there are pros and cons to both.

Thanks for having an actual open discussion allowing dissenting opinions!

spursian

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
My four heavenly kings...
2 reps and 2 gens.
64cdd55d4bf2dd4d7b3d9c4c04ecf935.jpg

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
My four heavenly kings...
2 reps and 2 gens.
64cdd55d4bf2dd4d7b3d9c4c04ecf935.jpg

the exact same reps I bought over a month and a half. and unfortunately for me, I am still waiting for deliveries and shipments (batman) from my TD ... Daytona Noob I am buying it m2m.

for me the best collection there could be.

pure show. you have taste and style, friend :)

Mine are:
zf hulk
Daytona arf and noob (I'll merge it)
CF Pepsi and Batman

looking at this picture of you ... I'm enjoying like a hedgehog. I can not wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18
I've owned the VRF Max and I can confidently tell you it's not up to par with the CF I'm about to receive, but you're welcome to your opinion. While I enjoyed the VRF I was disappointed by the finishing and rough transitions on the bezel insert, along with the crystal.. Admittedly while the CF crystal is only marginally better the finishing is far superior from all the user photos I've seen on here.

Heck last I checked on the latest batch of VRF Max pepsis the crystals somehow are significantly worse with distortion, both reps are in need of crystal swaps.

Definitely agree! The VRF Max is not up to par with this CF release .. well in my opinion.

Reactions: Fervid

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Another photo of the CF Pepsi and gen Batgirl
77a1b97ea3355a7a920580d117fd6e54.jpg

Great pic. I know many have been going back and forth.... but to me the CF looks unreal. I do not care about lips, CG, or fat lugs as this photo right here shows that the differences are so minuscule. I would pop in a decent crystal (or gen) and call it a day, enjoy the damn watch as we have seen over the past few months we do not know who will be shut down tomorrow.

Reactions: m5smg2 and leo6929

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
I guess we all have rep flaws we can live with or not. In the past I have disagreed with Duckber over some VSF Sub 41mm details. I cannot disagree with him regarding the CF BLRO. He has a point. To me, the missing metal lip and insert off colors are a big no. He may be overcritical at times but at the end of the day we are here to point out flaws so future versions can be improved upon. Just my 2c.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I guess we all have rep flaws we can live with or not. In the past I have disagreed with Duckber over some VSF Sub 41mm details. I cannot disagree with him regarding the CF BLRO. He has a point. To me, the missing metal lip and insert off colors are a big no. He may be overcritical at times but at the end of the day we are here to point out flaws so future versions can be improved upon. Just my 2c.
Thanks for letting us know you won't be getting one. Very helpful

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: masterpiece777

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
640021f5bcf0eb0b201411405127b843.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

[mention]Uhr70 [/mention] [mention]Duckbear [/mention] definitely wouldn’t want either of you to purchase one of these horrific (omg I can tell it’s a rep from across the Grand Canyon) watches. They’re just such trash.

With that said, nice pic Clark! Popped a Gen xtal in mine and I’m in love. Absolutely gorgeous piece with a great feel on the wrist (thanks to the wonderful bracelet).
a9ab40681224253f280789d904632fc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Received mine today. Amazed by the level of quality. Only gripe is the Crystal isn’t sat correctly. It’s hight towards the 12 o’clock marker. Something I’ll sort at a later date as I love it !

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
saucin I said it's a good rep but falls short in categories I am interested in. Never called it trash, called it good. Why is it a binary all or nothing with regards to reps? If I don't think it's a masterpiece then I must think it's trash?

Reactions: Uhr70

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
saucin I said it's a good rep but falls short in categories I am interested in. Never called it trash, called it good. Why is it a binary all or nothing with regards to reps? If I don't think it's a masterpiece then I must think it's trash?

I don't think anyone is accusing of you having a binary like or dislike for the CF. It's just that your critiques are so small and minor, but yet when viewed hypercritically they become some sort of major issue. This is a great release, is it perfect? No. But the small imperfections can be fixed.

Your major complaints (that are actually quite minor) are the following;

1) No bezel lip - Solution = Modded lip as KJ and many others have shown it is easily possible.

2) Crystal isn't perfect - Well most reps don't have perfect crystals, some are better than others and this can be adjusted. It's by no means terrible, but it isn't 100% gen like either.

3) Bezel colours being different - This is a non-issue, when viewed in isolation it would be impossible to know the difference. There is not only 1 bezel colour from Rolex there are multiple.

4) Crown guards / lugs - Real world you ain't noticing these. Magnified and these flaws exaggerated - sure it looks "bad". But in the real world it looks perfectly fine.

5) Minute hand is too small - Reality again is that it's 1mm too small, it's just not a big deal.

The point I am trying to make to you is that I accept it isn't perfect. No rep is, we have not yet had a perfect clone. Despite what the rep manufacturers like to spout. However, this is VERY VERY close. With a small amount of work modding the bezel you've got a very close Pepsi. Adding a gen crystal and it's even closer. To be frank, they would be the only two mods that I would consider. Everything else is just a non-issue.

I mean come on...

Look at this vs the GEN Batgirl... Tell me at wrist distance you'd notice the difference...

77a1b97ea3355a7a920580d117fd6e54.jpg

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I don't think anyone is accusing of you having a binary like or dislike for the CF. It's just that your critiques are so small and minor, but yet when viewed hypercritically they become some sort of major issue. This is a great release, is it perfect? No. But the small imperfections can be fixed.

Your major complaints (that are actually quite minor) are the following;

1) No bezel lip - Solution = Modded lip as KJ and many others have shown it is easily possible.

2) Crystal isn't perfect - Well most reps don't have perfect crystals, some are better than others and this can be adjusted. It's by no means terrible, but it isn't 100% gen like either.

3) Bezel colours being different - This is a non-issue, when viewed in isolation it would be impossible to know the difference. There is not only 1 bezel colour from Rolex there are multiple.

4) Crown guards / lugs - Real world you ain't noticing these. Magnified and these flaws exaggerated - sure it looks "bad". But in the real world it looks perfectly fine.

5) Minute hand is too small - Reality again is that it's 1mm too small, it's just not a big deal.

The point I am trying to make to you is that I accept it isn't perfect. No rep is, we have not yet had a perfect clone. Despite what the rep manufacturers like to spout. However, this is VERY VERY close. With a small amount of work modding the bezel you've got a very close Pepsi. Adding a gen crystal and it's even closer. To be frank, they would be the only two mods that I would consider. Everything else is just a non-issue.

I mean come on...

Look at this vs the GEN Batgirl... Tell me at wrist distance you'd notice the difference...

I'd have to view the bezel lip in person to see how gen-like it is and whether or not it looks cheap. But just because you can DIY does not mean we're not allowed to critcize CF for half assing their release while Noob, VRF, and GMF have a bezel lip while the CF doesn't in 2021.

I don't think you understand my position regarding the bezel insert colors. The VRF insert isn't gen-like either, but I like it cause it looks good. The CF red is down right nasty and horrid. Not cause it's not genlike, but just cause it is nasty in general.

I have handled the CF Hulk which the CF Pepsi has the same lugs for, and a gen Pepsi along with a ROF pepsi. The lugs are NOT unnoticed in real life. Sub lugs on the GMT look weird. In real life, handling it in person. It is off putting.

So yeah it's not for me. Again, I am not criticizing it for not being perfect. I have many reps. None are perfect. It's all about what you can accept. I do not accept these lugs and colors, and no stick lip regardless of a DIY. Sorry.

And stop with the whole paranoid talk. I don't care about being called out. Those issues just look bad. People who have a different opinion than you are not paranoid.

Last edited:

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Anyone’s bezel very very tight ?
39ac567ec2bdca8d6bb3d55285ff4ca1.jpg