• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Bro I've seen that effect in pics before, not just QCs but In some of my own. I don't think it's bleeding of blue through the platinum but rather the platinum reflecting the blue from the surrounding insert.

You can see some blue tints in the platinum on this CF QC pic from another thread. But I really doubt it would be seen by eye IRL.

j3FZlv.jpg

Thanks for the feedback mate, i accepted it so can’t wait to see it in the flesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
I'm very, very pleased with my CF Pepsi. A few whirls of the wrist got it up and running. Tomorrow I'll take off the wrap/stickers and remove a few links. Then I can finally post in the Eyecandy and Wristshots thread.

KJ2020- you are truly on another level, my friend. :worthy:

Reactions: m5smg2

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm very, very pleased with my CF Pepsi. A few whirls of the wrist got it up and running. Tomorrow I'll take off the wrap/stickers and remove a few links. Then I can finally post in the Eyecandy and Wristshots thread.

KJ2020- you are truly on another level, my friend. :worthy:

Meh, just been hangin around a while bro but thanks!
:drinks_cheers:

Last edited:
Reactions: H S

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
In case anyone was wondering, the digital images from Rolex still show the 2021 BLRO's to have the bezel lip, and the BLNR and CHNR do not. No difference whether it's oyster or jubilee, or FG vs TT on the CHNR.

j3SVk3.jpg

vipstyle888

Known Member
18/2/19
Hong Kong
Some VR date discs seemed to rotational backlash or play, this is due to the date finger spring tolerance. Every VR movement I’ve put a gen datewheel in I’ve had to modify the date finger spring. This enables the finger to be at full stroke and properly have both angled surfaces fully engaged between the teeth of the datedisc which eliminates any free play and odd positioning.

How did you exactly modify it? Noticed some of my dates are not centered but in a bad low position.

BoobBandit

resident fallguy
24/5/21
wouldn’t you like to know
aec7482c9fcbcbc779d10df0148361d2.jpg

52f064672dde58586ae1c260ab636c76.jpg

The ‘bezel lip’ doesn’t figure as a design characteristic that is deliberate. The so called lip (and if there are shop drawings with tolerances specifically measuring the surface area, I’d like to see it). If the flat area next to the outer edge of the ceramic disc is being called a deliberate design characteristic, it appears a few microns wide, not even more than a few millimeters. Perhaps a different tooling configuration. In any case, it’s miniscule to be sure. A set of shop drawings with specific nomenclature delinitating the surface area prescribed means it’s a deliberate design.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The ‘bezel lip’ doesn’t figure as a design characteristic that is deliberate. The so called lip (and if there are shop drawings with tolerances specifically measuring the surface area, I’d like to see it). If the flat area next to the outer edge of the ceramic disc is being called a deliberate design characteristic, it appears a few microns wide, not even more than a few millimeters. Perhaps a different tooling configuration. In any case, it’s miniscule to be sure. A set of shop drawings with specific nomenclature delinitating the surface area prescribed means it’s a deliberate design.

Those are a lot of fancy words for someone in denial about their inaccurate replica.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
If you’ve got anything substantive to add, I’m all ears

There are thousands and thousands of photos of the genuine Pepsi that has a thick lip, with a few gen owners stating it is glaringly apparent, even in this very thread. There are rep owners for this watch who straight up say it is not apparent, even those who have modded their bezel to puff up the bezel to make a lip. To not care about it is one thing, but to straight up make up all this nonsense like it's not deliberate or that your lip looks fine relative to gen is delusional.

Last edited:

BoobBandit

resident fallguy
24/5/21
wouldn’t you like to know
False. The pretense is not whether the lip is there or not, it’s whether it’s a casualty of machining, tooling, whatever. Evidenced by the fact that one production run of gen has it wheras the other does not. Without actual construction documents, it’s conjecture i.e. spinning wheels over nothing of substance

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
False. The pretense is not whether the lip is there or not, it’s whether it’s a casualty of machining, tooling, whatever. Evidenced by the fact that one production run of gen has it wheras the other does not. Without actual construction documents, it’s conjecture i.e. spinning wheels over nothing of substance

Show me any generation of a Ceramic Pepsi without the lip?