• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
professor KJ2020 ... a question:
if you wanted to make a insert with paint of my choice, you could tell me if

- there are discolored (neutral) ceramic insert

- which spray paints to use

- how to make them shiny and resistant (ceramic effect)

Thanks prof

There are a bunch of paint mod threads on the forum bro, I've tried a bunch and learned a lot from others

Ceramic insert paint mod

KJ2020 Paint Mod

If an insert is out of the bezel I will often use spray paint. If it ever needs touch up Molotow can go over top. There are members here who have done professional like paint jobs (auto repair folks or artists, etc.) My mods are just basic easy stuff anyone can do.

An example of a spray paint mod in the link below

The Hulktimate - GREEN goes GOLD!

And of course there is the ultimate platinum mod by Spongebob when you can spring for the best.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...iner-ceramic-insert-platinum-mod-custom-pearl

I have a Bluesy insert of his waiting to go in a build

Last edited:

ornateLover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/20
This is an excellent rep with some flaws like all reps. I don’t understand the grasping at straws level of criticism it is getting that it’s not a good rep.

I don’t like zzf/cf for their 904 debacle but they made a best available model for sure.

Reactions: KJ2020

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
There are a bunch of paint mod threads on the forum bro, I've tried a bunch and learned a lot from others

Ceramic insert paint mod

KJ2020 Paint Mod

If an insert is out of the bezel I will often use spray paint. If it ever needs touch up Molotow can go over top. There are members here who have done professional like paint jobs (auto repair folks or artists, etc.) My mods are just basic easy stuff anyone can do.

An example of a spray paint mod in the link below

The Hulktimate - GREEN goes GOLD!

And of course there is the ultimate platinum mod by Spongebob when you can spring for the best.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...iner-ceramic-insert-platinum-mod-custom-pearl

I have a Bluesy insert of his waiting to go in a build

my.

God.

​​​​​​.

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
I have to change my mind about this clean case, I don't know why but in the QC the case seemed very squat, to date after a few days of use and after removing all the films I can tell you that this case is very very good, this photo is compared to a batman of mine that I made with a beautiful GMF v3 Case&Bracelet + VR3185 + cristal&DW gen + Bezel ARF.

as you can see the case is very similar.

7a6c31903468f4d39017763fe885072b.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

vik2001

26/3/14
I never owned a gmt before. But this gna sound stupid but the date doesn't just turn, it turns with the hand only being wound right???

Reactions: IntenseImage

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I never owned a gmt before. But this gna sound stupid but the date doesn't just turn, it turns with the hand only being wound right???

With this GMT movement you have to "hour jump" the hour hand in one hour steps through 12PM for the date to flip over manually. This is done in crown position 2. You CAN also hour jump backwards and flip a date backwards but you have to go back to about 9PM for the date to flip back.

The part that makes the hour hand jump is a little fragile so as a good practice I don't hour jump backwards except to set a GMT hand offset, and I don't ever hour jump backwards through a date change. I don't do either of those things even on my gen 3185. People do it, and sometimes never have a problem. I've never had a problem either.

The newer gen movement 3186 has a different jump click, which was even more fragile and is now on its third version.

Gen jumping hour click springs compared

vik2001

26/3/14
Cool thanks.
another thing the Crown is point south when closed down and screwed. Is it a easy fix to have the Crown facing up in the correct position when closed?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I have to change my mind about this clean case, I don't know why but in the QC the case seemed very squat, to date after a few days of use and after removing all the films I can tell you that this case is very very good,

I completely agree - I was surprised too when I received it ! The case is really good

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
KJ, I love that bezel lip. I want to do this but have a couple questions:

1. Best way to remove bezel.
2. Do you need to remove the insert or can you sand the bezel with it still attached?
3. How to put bezel back on.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The 15 minute "Don't gimme no lip" bezel mod, haha.

Use a die to help hold and guide the bezel while sanding the inside bezel rim on a flat surface with 2000 grit. This will start to remove material.

KJ, I love that bezel lip. I would love to do this but have a couple questions:

1. Best way to remove bezel.
2. Do you need to remove the insert or can you sand the bezel with it still attached?
3. How to put bezel back on.

Thanks so much!

Have a look at this thread bro. I think it answers most of your concerns.

The insert needs to come out before sanding down and polishing a bezel rim. Fortunately for this mod the CF inserts are stuck with tape and not pressure fit. They are much easier to remove and replace when tape is used. Press fit is high stress on both actions.

Reactions: mordret and cpd2186

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
I’ve just accepted my Qc’s but now I’m wondering whether I should have rejected due to the datewheel being high. Is it difficult to make a datewheel line up better on these once I receive it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’ve just accepted my Qc’s but now I’m wondering whether I should have rejected due to the datewheel being high. Is it difficult to make a datewheel line up better on these once I receive it?

True clone movements like this one have datewheels that cannot take an overlay so it usually is not possible to change the appearance of a date within the date window at all.

In some instances, servicing or even just re-lubing or slightly increasing a bend in a calendar part can make the datewheel move to its next tooth position more snapily or more completely but there is no mechanism to shift the date separately from the wheel like you can do on an ETA clone.

Some of these new VR3186 movements have been posted showing only a range of numbers printed a little high. This would point toward faulty printing which can only be fixed by a better datewheel rep or gen.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Some VR date discs seemed to rotational backlash or play, this is due to the date finger spring tolerance. Every VR movement I’ve put a gen datewheel in I’ve had to modify the date finger spring. This enables the finger to be at full stroke and properly have both angled surfaces fully engaged between the teeth of the datedisc which eliminates any free play and odd positioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vipstyle888

A-wandererX23

5/10/20
The 15 minute "Don't gimme no lip" bezel mod, haha.

Before and after

j3kFaS.jpg

Better than a fat lip!

I just wanted to say to anyone that's about to try this guide by KJ2020. You should totally go for it!

It's not as hard as you may think. Just be careful not to crack the ceramic insert when removing the bezel insert. Whole process took me less than 5 minutes to do. I will probably polish it more after this post but I just wanted to share my results with y'all.

For those who will ask, Yes this is a Rolex submariner. I just had a shitter to practice on and decided to give it a go. Definitely will do this on my Pepsi.

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Ok so before I reject, can I just get your opinions on whether I should reject based on the DW being too high please?

18-C8-D2-C6-A9-AD-433-D-BA01-BFA233-C9-ECA0.jpg

A-wandererX23

5/10/20
Ok so before I reject, can I just get your opinions on whether I should reject based on the DW being too high please?

18-C8-D2-C6-A9-AD-433-D-BA01-BFA233-C9-ECA0.jpg

Did you receive any other dates in your QC?

It's not too bad man. I would ask for some other dates such as 12... and 20's....... before rejecting.