• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Lew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/21
I'm a watch noob, so feel free to point out the basics here.

I've read that there are 'rules' with some movements, like you can't turn the crown backwards, can't change the date at a certain time etc. is this correct for this watch?

Is there anything I need to be aware of to set the time/GMT/date without risking breaking anything? (also what way is backwards with this crown?)

I have watched a tutorial on the real GMT, does everything apply to this too?

Tiltbox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/21
..and another, sorry guys..

bezel profile and knurls are off..

My Gen bezel which is clearly newer than yours looks more like the rep photo than yours. Mine is a June 2021 Gen Pepsi. What year is your Gen Pepsi?

5e6de15feb90fb8e972ecc1d9607e9e5.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Was looking at my old GMF, it turns out they got the thicker rim on the bezel right.
I wonder if it will hold the CF insert, or if I decide to get this one, Maybe I can migrate the bezel across. KJ2020
Thought I'd mention it for those who still have their 2018 GMF.

ADF212-ED-9-B13-473-D-9176-AB3-D3-AFEDE15.jpg

Insert should be a 1:1 swap bro. All 40mm gen and rep Rolex ceramic inserts are 38.0mm OD and 30.7 +/- ~0.1mm ID. The ID is less significant, it just defines the gap to the crystal. Insert thickness can sometimes be an issue and require two tape rings, a spacer, or an epoxy bed, etc. But the GMF insert appears to be very close to the same thickness as the CF.

The GMF bezel would likely fit the CF. I've had the GMF bezel on a few different model reps - a Noob and a VRF I think. It will likely need its own 3 pin click ring and maybe the GMF retaining ring also as the bezel underside is not gen-spec like the CF and Noob and it has a proprietary hole pattern.

Here you can see a GMF bezel next to a VRF. Neither has the gen-spec long oval holes throughout, and the click ring pin holes are different sizes. The GMF holes are small, which is why it will likely need its own click ring. The pins on some rings are thicker and I've had issues trying to mix and match some.

j3l5Nj.jpg

j3let1.jpg

The GMF bezel does indeed have a decent lip.

j3lLev.jpg

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Insert should be a 1:1 swap bro. All 40mm gen and rep Rolex ceramic inserts are 38.0mm OD and 30.7 +/- ~0.1mm ID. The ID is less significant, it just defines the gap to the crystal. Insert thickness can sometimes be an issue and require two tape rings, a spacer, or an epoxy bed, etc. But the GMF insert appears to be very close to the same thickness as the CF.

The GMF bezel would likely fit the CF. I've had the GMF bezel on a few different model reps - a Noob and a VRF I think. It will likely need its own 3 pin click ring and maybe the GMF retaining ring also as the bezel underside is not gen-spec like the CF and Noob and it has a proprietary hole pattern.

Here you can see a GMF bezel next to a VRF. Neither has the gen-spec long oval holes throughout, and the click ring pin holes are different sizes. The GMF holes are small, which is why it will likely need its own click ring. The pins on some rings are thicker and I've had issues trying to mix and match some.

j3l5Nj.jpg

j3let1.jpg

The GMF bezel does indeed have a decent lip.

j3lLev.jpg

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you do. I just know that you are a monster. you have my utmost admiration. you are truly a phenomenon in this industry.
I read your every post with wide eyes.

I repeat you are a monster.

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
Mine should be delivered today. Although it may come with some "flaws", I'm still looking forward to wearing it. Unless it arrives DOA. lol

Reactions: KJ2020

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
My Gen bezel which is clearly newer than yours looks more like the rep photo than yours. Mine is a June 2021 Gen Pepsi. What year is your Gen Pepsi?

5e6de15feb90fb8e972ecc1d9607e9e5.jpg

These are identical, look again at the tiny scallops on the rep. My watch is 2021.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don't know who you are, I don't know what you do. I just know that you are a monster. you have my utmost admiration. you are truly a phenomenon in this industry.
I read your every post with wide eyes.

I repeat you are a monster.

Haha, BJorn is the monster bro. And Lagertha too, wow gimme some of that.

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The 15 minute "Don't gimme no lip" bezel mod, haha.

Use a die to help hold and guide the bezel while sanding the inside bezel rim on a flat surface with 2000 grit. This will start to remove material.

j3k7zo.jpg

Be gentle and take it slow, rotating your grip to keep even pressure points. Evaluate progress often

j3kNkP.jpg

Switch to 7000 grit wet, then finish off with some Cape Cod

j3kJ7K.jpg

It's even all the way around, some light reflections can make it look a little wider in spots.

j3kczv.jpg

Before and after

j3kFaS.jpg

Better than a fat lip!

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

Use a die to help hold and guide the bezel while sanding the inside bezel rim on a flat surface with 2000 grit. This will start to remove material.

Be gentle and take it slow, rotating your grip to keep even pressure points. Evaluate progress often

It's even all the way around, some light reflections can make it look a little wider in spots.

Before and after

Better than a fat lip!

You just sacrificed a Batman bezel for this????:eek:

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia

j3k7zo.jpg

j3kNkP.jpg

j3kJ7K.jpg

j3kczv.jpg

Before and after

j3kFaS.jpg

Better than a fat lip!

in september i will try to do it (always if i get pepsi lol)!in september i will try to do it (always if they deliver me my pepsi lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
The brown and black one? But of course.

ZQDwrW.jpg

ZQDkLP.jpg

16150562343388.jpg

professor KJ2020 ... a question:
if you wanted to make a insert with paint of my choice, you could tell me if

- there are discolored (neutral) ceramic insert

- which spray paints to use

- how to make them shiny and resistant (ceramic effect)

Thanks prof

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks so good I’ve been reading up on your old thread about it, so you still prefer the molotow over the posca pens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do but it could just be a batch issue, the current Molotow pens I have are great. For the marker flooding technique, Molotow seems to dry so evenly. 5 minutes to apply, 10 minutes to wipe off excess. I have some inserts still looking good after a year or more. I don't let them get wet or dirty so YMMV.