• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Clean
j3eI22.jpg
j3eoft.jpg

Gen
j3emQF.jpg

..and another, sorry guys..

bezel profile and knurls are off..
j3erWk.jpg

Clean Pepsi problems we know so far:
Wrong case, fat lugs, fat profile, bad crown guards, no bezel lip, wrong insert colors, short minute hand, bracelet sits high, and the tiny and incorrect bezel knurls.

Once seen can't be unseen.
We haven't seen final "in-hand" photos of the movement yet.

Did Clean rush through this?
Did Clean find a deal on a shitty GMT cases and popped in half ass Pepsi inserts to pawn off to unsuspecting buyers?
This is very bad from a factory that usually makes decent reps. Something went terribly wrong with this Clean Pepsi release.

Last edited:

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
now, im curious to to see what the batman "second batch" looks like. hopefully some of these issues are corrected

Reactions: diamonds

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
now, im curious to to see what the batman "second batch" looks like. hopefully some of these issues are corrected

From what we saw with the subs- CF does improve their product as production goes on. Could be the same with this Pepsi, so I might wait it out or just bite the bullet on a VRF MAX as that as we know is a pretty solid rep.

Reactions: diamonds

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
These are really a catalogue of somewhat minor issues, but while this piece may look like a Pepsi on a passing wrist, it will not stand up to scrutiny. I'd be wary of showing it to anyone who says 'nice watch' unless you are prepared to be potentially called out and if it's your game - I would keep it away from close up pics on social media too.

Of Course, it is a lovely looking watch because the watch it's trying to be is an absolute stunner, probably the most desired watch in the world and no doubt the build quality is there and this feels great like the Clean Subs but the devil is in the fine details. So unless I had to have it because you are a mad WIS collector and buy them all.. if you're a one watch at a time user, I'd wait for another release. It will happen..

Last edited:
Reactions: BOSSK and Uhr70

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Clea

Clean Pepsi problems we know so far:
Wrong case, fat lugs, fat profile, bad crown guards, no bezel lip, wrong insert colors, short minute hand, bracelet sits high, and the tiny and incorrect bezel knurls.

Once seen can't be unseen.
We haven't seen final "in-hand" photos of the movement yet.

Did Clean rush through this?
Did Clean find a deal on a shitty GMT cases and popped in half ass Pepsi inserts to pawn off to unsuspecting buyers?
This is very bad from a factory that usually makes decent reps. Something went terribly wrong with this Clean Pepsi release.

Take this positively…Why are you on this thread? Starting to get tired of your negative comments, the same things repeated over and over again. If you don’t like this watch, move on and spend your time on better things rather than tiring your fingers with repetitive typing. There are many here who like this release, just let them have their happiness. Stay safe and healthy!!

Last edited:

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
These are really a catalogue of somewhat minor issues, but while this piece may look like a Pepsi on a passing wrist, it will not stand up to scrutiny. I'd be wary of showing it to anyone who says 'nice watch' unless you are prepared to be potentially called out and if it's your game - I would keep it away from close up pics on social media too.

Of Course, it is a lovely looking watch because the watch it's trying to be is an absolute stunner, probably the most desired watch in the world and no doubt the build quality is there and this feels great like the Clean Subs but the devil is in the fine details. So unless I had to have it because you are a mad WIS collector and buy them all.. if you're a one watch at a time user, I'd wait for another release. It will happen..

Probably the most accurate, measured and complete post we’ve seen in this thread for a while.

A sound assessment and sound advice. Well said Mate.

Reactions: StreetFighter

audiwt

25/5/18
d918a4a16beac50e3b07df0315fed3c1.png

Same Flaw here?! I think Oyster is the best Option

Gesendet von iPhone 12 PRO MAX mit Tapatalk

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

I'm sorry but this simply isn't true.

I'll say it again, until you and only you, pointed out there was in fact a flaw on the bezel construction and missing a lip. No-one, but no-one had noticed it before. Now they all act, as if it's some huge massive deal breaker. But the fun fact is, that nobody noticed it. These are people that are EXAMINING watches, in 10 x magnification and also clearly have some paranoia issues and they still didn't notice it. It was only you. That's not a dig at you whatsoever, what I am saying is, it was only you that noticed and even then that was with extreme scrutiny, plus the fact that you have the gen yourself.

Now let's go into the real-world. people see watches for a matter of 10 seconds, maybe less, maybe on some occasions more. But, never really enough time to scrutinise a watch and see minor defects. Maybe there exists a few individuals that would, but is is exceptionally unlikely that you will ever meet individuals as obsessed about minor flaws as some of the very insecure people that inhabit this board. The reality is, the biggest tell on this watch is you as a person. And that sentiment applies to all replica watches.

95% of people don't even understand watches. They see the name Rolex and go "oh my god, that's the best watch in the world". They don't know about haute horology, they don't understand that Rolex are middle-lower tier watches (pretentious, timepieces). They are not WIS, they are normal. We all have problems, an addiction to watches, some of us more so than others as clearly displayed in this train-wreck of a thread.

As for social media, 100% you should keep away from it regardless. Even more so, if you're posting watch pictures, but to be frank. If you are posting reps as gens as insta/fb. You're a dickhead anyway and you deserve everything you get.

The point is, all this "flaws" are minor. But when they're blown up and magnified both in terms of dramatics and actual zoom, people start to get paranoid. It just simply doesn't exist in the real-world. This is a fantastic watch, that many of us have been waiting for.

No rep is perfect.