• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
j3jkx4.jpg

Here are two QC photos I put together side by side, half and half to illustrate what's so wrong with this release.

Both taken by the same TD at the same focal length and same angle

VRF - left, CF - right

VRF has way nicer bezel insert, the red is cherry red and not this poop brown by CF. Neither are very gen-like but VRF is clearly more appealing

VRF has an actual bezel lip, while CF has literally 0 lip

VRF's lugs arent huge and fat like CF on the right

Can't see it here but the crown guards are more off on CF as well

Both have crap crystals that need to be replaced so that one is a wash

VRF for the win IMO

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Here is a picture of the clean pepsi next to my gen. My gen has the mk3 insert, which is much darker blue than mk1 and mk2, but the clean pepsi insert color is so off that it makes my mk3 look like an mk1.

The red is brownish and not as rich as gen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That is a great comparison. The blue on the gen is almost violet. Big difference

Here are some other comparison pics posted earlier in the thread and some closeups extracted from them.

jzcR0X.jpg

jzwN28.jpg

jzw7fR.jpg

I take a HUGE amount of watch pics and am frequently surprised at how different colors on a watch dial or bezel can look in a pic versus how my eyes perceive those colors.

Plus people perceive colors differently, and cameras are all different. So especially with Rolex ceramics, what you see in pics is not always what you get. Real Rolex ceramic reacts very differently to light than rep ceramic does.

Gen Pepsi
jzg3BY.jpg

Then on these the difference is much less noticeable

​​​​​​​

And this one looks really good ....

​​​​​​​
While some see this as a bad thing, I say for $500 or so you have an amazing looking watch! For the record, call me crazy but I happen to like the coloring of the rep better than the gen in this pic.

Yeh it's certainly more "Pepsi" than the gen

.. ..Furthermore, we have a very active M2M section here, that's the beauty of this game. You pick up a piece and try it. If it isn't up to par, you simply resell it for a very minor loss. ...... I have instead opted to buy both watches (vrf max + cf). Once I have them both in-hand I will make own deductions......

Wise words. I can see both the fanbois and the naysayers' positions here. Getting both and letting one go seems pretty smart. The closest we can get to going to a store and checking them out.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Erics photos make both of those watches look awful, and having owned the VRF and soon to be this CF, I think the CF is more appealing, plus the VRF had poor finishing and a horrible crystal

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Erics photos make both of those watches look awful, and having owned the VRF and soon to be this CF, I think the CF is more appealing, plus the VRF had poor finishing and a horrible crystal

Ok, what's more appealing about the CF to you?

The crystal is horrible on the CF as well, judging from my CF Hulk

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Ok, what's more appealing about the CF to you?

The crystal is horrible on the CF as well, judging from my CF Hulk

In better lighting conditions I'm really liking these shots of the CF, not to mention the join lines on the bezel are much less obvious than the VRF Max, but I agree both crystals could be improved.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
j3jkx4.jpg

Here are two QC photos I put together side by side, half and half to illustrate what's so wrong with this release.

VRF - left, CF - right

VRF has way nicer bezel insert, the red is cherry red and not this poop brown by CF. Neither are very gen-like but VRF is clearly more appealing

VRF for the win IMO

All those errors are blatantly apparent, yet the people who jumped the gun and made the mistake of buying this first revision Clean Pepsi can't accept that they made a mistake . So far only one buyer, sfbatman787, has uploaded side by side photos and given his honest opinion saying his favorite thing is the bracelet (made by ARF).

Clean Pepsi..

I'd say my favorite thing about clean is the bracelet, then dial, then hands.

I'm sure more members who will give an honest review and list the faults and errors of this Clean Pepsi offering. The more people that stick together and stop ordering these fucked up reps, is the sooner rep factories will start improving. But as of now, rep factories are laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckber

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
j3jkx4.jpg

VRF - left, CF - right

VRF for the win IMO

Nice! If you could do another one split along the horizontal 3-9 axis we can compare the CGs ....

tbh I could live with either. The CF is more like the MK3 and the VRF is more like the MK1.
A lot would depend on how they look in RL and how they feel in the hand and on the wrist.

Last edited:

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
In better lighting conditions I'm really liking these shots of the CF, not to mention the join lines on the bezel are much less obvious than the VRF Max, but I agree both crystals could be improved.

Are the VRF join lines definitely worse than CF? Trying to figure out what to get. I think I like the VRF colors better, but visible transition lines is a killer.

spursian

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Gosh, if some are not happy with certain factories' quality, just don't buy it. There's no need to use such critical language based on your own opinion or assessment. I have both the gen Hulk and Batgirl (and a rep Hulk and Daytona for comparison), and honestly, for the price you're getting the rep for, the gen definitely doesn't feel 20x better. I even changed out my gen straps and replaced them with rep straps, difference in feel is not even that noticeable. Just enjoy the reps as they are, be it with faults and all that. Nobody is really going to nitpick on your watches, unless you go around telling everyone they are gens.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
How on earth did you justify buying the vsf hulk if you such a colour nazi then? Dial not important on a hulk?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Imagine calling people who dislike when a factory puts the color brown for red Nazis.

Maybe if VSF put in a purple dial instead of green you would have a good point. For the record though I purchased a ZF dial for the VSF. Also I initially recommended putting in a VRF insert on a CF pages ago before the horrendous lugs and bezel lip issues were not apparent. Now that's not worth doing either

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Imagine calling people who dislike when a factory puts the color brown for red Nazis.

Maybe if VSF put in a purple dial instead of green you would have a good point. For the record though I purchased a ZF dial for the VSF. Also I initially recommended putting in a VRF insert on a CF pages ago before the horrendous lugs and bezel lip issues were not apparent. Now that's not worth doing either
Let's see your vsf with zf dial

Reactions: saucin

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Why does that matter?
Are you so hurt by how bad that Clean Pepsi is that you are now debating about the slight difference in the VSF Hulk dial?
Ha I literally don't care just highlighting Duckbers hypocrisy. Hey duckber show us a picture of your vsf and your zf dial that you're going to install. Whether the clean is any good or not won't change one thing in my world. If I get it and don't like it I will sell it. It's the pathetic imaginary competition that duckber thinks he's in that's amusing. I'm sure in real life he's much less abrasive, he'd have to be.