• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Yep the gens ‘certified’ is slightly arched from the bottom also
f42b2b4c0eed5258f74685399a83ffce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redheart

17/5/19
RIP wallet! I wanted a good rep for this model since it was released. Will compliment my RF GMT rep collection!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I'm sitting wearing my genuine BLRO looking at these pics on the screen and I can tell they all they just don't look right. These are some sort of Submariner/GMT hybrid thing, neither of them right either. the bezel lip is missing, it's very noticeable, it's not a Pepsi without it and the elegant profile of the case against the jubilee is lost with the fat Submariner lugs. This is a Submariner case with a red blue insert and gmt dial I see above.

Genuine for reference..

Lew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/21
I'm sitting wearing my genuine BLRO looking at these pics on the screen and I can tell they all they just don't look right. These are some sort of Submariner/GMT hybrid thing, neither of them right either. the bezel lip is missing, it's very noticeable, it's not a Pepsi without it and the elegant profile of the case against the jubilee is lost with the fat Submariner lugs. This is a Submariner case with a red blue insert and gmt dial I see above.

I honestly can't spot the difference. Maybe the lugs are very slightly off, but there's no way I'm ever spotting that without a gen and a ruler haha.

What is a bezel lip? Can't see whats missing there either

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I think the case shape can be hidden depending on how you angle your shots, but I definitely agree on the bezel lip. That said I'm still waiting QC's.

Wonder if a very thin lip could be made to fit over the outside of the insert that could possibly help a little.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
What sucks is that Noob's Pepsi as criticized as it was, at least had a nice bezel lip and they paid attention to detail:

jjVW12.png

Clean just used a submariner case and bezel and threw on a Pepsi insert to half ass their release.
But I mean everyone is eating it up so who can blame them I guess :eek:hwell:

Last edited:
Reactions: Glidelock

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia

Genuine for reference..

if I may have my say .... small differences that are not noticed on the wrist in everyday life.
indeed, it could also be that in real life I would give preference to that rep rather than the gen, as well as vice versa ...

it is clear that the gen is the gen. but not in an aesthetic sense in my opinion. plus a factor of authenticity, reliability and above all mentality (as well as having the money if you could afford it)

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Arrived today and yes it doesn’t have the bezel lip but overall it’s a great effort. Fat lugs is a non issue in the flesh but the insert is very nice although in pics you can see the line across the 6 on mine but not with the naked eye. Bracelet is nicely done and the clasp is good too. If you hav3 a big wrist you will need extra links though. My wrist is 7.5” and it’s on full length with the easy link open as well but I do wear my watches loose.
A couple of quick pics as I’m out for the day.
4a08f08787441f1b13f4477a53a77477.jpg

65fab1336feecacd146a9a0b00ffda99.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

The CF case is the wrong shape, especially the lugs. The insert is nice, that's about it (numbers should be more recessed though). If this was a Submariner release, with all of the macroscopic analysis that goes with a Submariner release, this would have been dismissed and forgotten after 4 pages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uhr70

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Arrived today and yes it doesn’t have the bezel lip but overall it’s a great effort. Fat lugs is a non issue in the flesh but the insert is very nice although in pics you can see the line across the 6 on mine but not with the naked eye. Bracelet is nicely done and the clasp is good too. If you hav3 a big wrist you will need extra links though. My wrist is 7.5” and it’s on full length with the easy link open as well but I do wear my watches loose.

How are the edges on the CF jubilee? On the GMF they were really sharp. Felt nasty when running a finger across them.

(PM me if you want a couple of those GMF links - I can get them in the post to you. (I only have a wimpy 7' wrist...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Replisimio

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA

Completely agree. I am not one to nitpick, I can deal with different font 3s, a bit of a transition line (no speed bumps), slightly misaligned rehault, shorter minute hand, but the bezel lip is a big flaw. Same as fat lugs and a weak cyclops.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I honestly can't spot the difference. Maybe the lugs are very slightly off, but there's no way I'm ever spotting that without a gen and a ruler haha.

What is a bezel lip? Can't see whats missing there either

Ignorance is bliss bro, especially in the rep world. Don't ask questions about stuff you don't want to see, haha.

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
I thought I would be really bothered by the lip issue but I’m not to be honest. As for the lugs maybe they are a fraction thicker but without the gen next to it I cannot tell at all. Overall it is well executed and the bracelet edges are not sharp to me. It feels and moves silky smooth on mine with well finished links.
To me it is what it is a £390 watch and not £8000-£16000 depending on source! It would benefit from a gen crystal but that’s nothing new on a rolex rep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
when you guys say the lugs are too fat, are you referring to just the 12xxxx version or is it too fat for the 11xxxx too?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I understand all the flaws pointed out. But I´ve been waiting for a semi-decent Pepsi release since forever, I think that if I throw a gen crystal in there, it will be a hell of a rep.

Reactions: jiro

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

I'm sorry but I don't see what you see... I think you want it to be true subconsciously. Even the bezel lip is barely noticeable... heck most people didn't even know it existed till you pointed out. And 99% of the people here are STARING at watches. It was never even mentioned not a single time till you brought it up... that's just how you how little a difference it really made.

I think you are suffering from unconscious bias, it's a human factor. The lugs are barely any different, you'd catch it in a picture (maybe) but... on wrist distance from you to watch, even then you'd be pushing... on someone else? Not a chance.

Last edited:

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
I'm sorry but I don't see what you see... I think you want it to be true subconsciously. Even the bezel lip is barely noticeable... heck most people didn't even know it existed till you pointed out. And 99% of the people here are STARING at watches. It was never even mentioned not a single time till you brought it up... that's just how you how little a difference it really made.

I think you are suffering from unconscious bias, it's a human factor. The lugs are barely any different, you'd catch it in a picture (maybe) but... on wrist distance from you to watch, even then you'd be pushing... on someone else? Not a chance.
I see where he's coming from. I can easily see everything he pointed out. How much it bothers someone is dependent on their tolerance level and it changes with time as well. Most people who are receiving their watch now will be in a honeymoon period like most releases. But in a month or so, we'll really get a good idea on how big of an issue these flaws are when we have a large sample size in the pool of opinions from the owners. It's like clockwork with every rep.

Reactions: Uhr70 and KJ2020