• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

audiwt

25/5/18
We've seen many flaws on different reps in the last few years. Some of them were major, others were barely noticeable even for the true diehard rep-maniacs, like many of the guys on this forum.

But to reject a watch like this only due to the "different 3's" in the serial number ...well, that's some upper level shit. Nothing personal, just thinking out loud. Imagine you are at a ball at a prime minister's private residence, and some random heir of a billionaire family just shows up to check your watch with a loupe between two afternoon tea servings, and he suddenly starts screaming in front of everyone: "The 3's are different! The 3's are different! I knew it! Guards, get rid of him!"

That's my biggest f..ing nightmare of all.

Lol

Gesendet von iPhone 12 PRO MAX mit Tapatalk

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
We've seen many flaws on different reps in the last few years. Some of them were major, others were barely noticeable even for the true diehard rep-maniacs, like many of the guys on this forum.

But to reject a watch like this only due to the "different 3's" in the serial number ...well, that's some upper level shit. Nothing personal, just thinking out loud. Imagine you are at a ball at a prime minister's private residence, and some random heir of a billionaire family just shows up to check your watch with a loupe between two afternoon tea servings, and he suddenly starts screaming in front of everyone: "The 3's are different! The 3's are different! I knew it! Guards, get rid of him!"

ahhahaha you are a top player.

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Just received my QCs and I’m happy with this one: :)

711036b0ee07d86d9f03e1d00466f6ac.jpeg

923dfb079684a988d428f33e7f907c8b.jpeg

8791fdd38be8ce05275319b03000788e.jpeg

Last edited:

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
So most of these posts have to do with appearance - can anyone enlighten me on the movement? I’ve had the VR in a couple of the 41mm Subs, but how does the GMT function work on these? Per gen? Or similar to the A2836-2? Concern about the jumping hour mechanism like on the Noob?

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21

Rep watches are like used cars (or used stuff in general) Tom. When people decide to spend money on something, they accept or reject it for various reasons. If you had gone through the thread to see why some GL and others RL it would make more sense for you.

To make it easier for you, go to post #829, read my comments and then think out loud :)

Jmorgan92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/20
How has nobody mentioned the wonky ‘officially certified’ yet? Is it an illusion or just me that see’s it?

Reactions: Crosley

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

I want to see those people's wives.
Seriously they must be impeccable.
Then I want to taste the food they cook. And i want to see their immaculately clean house. Their perfect children. Their awesome lawn.
Then I want to ... eh, well, never mind, you get the idea ....

oridian

23/12/19

friggin hilarious. Thanks for the morning laugh…

Reactions: tkingjr

Jmorgan92

11/10/20
tell me, why should anyone care of your bullshit with a distance of maybe 0,5 meters……..

Is it really ‘bullshit’? Or am I just highlighting a flaw that I’ve seen? I thought the purpose of this discussion was to analyse the watch and discuss potential early flaws (which always do exist in these replicas). If you want to start calling people out for raising a genuine discussion point then it defeats the purpose and puts other members away from raising their points - which are equally as valid as yours.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Is it really ‘bullshit’? Or am I just highlighting a flaw that I’ve seen? I thought the purpose of this discussion was to analyse the watch and discuss potential early flaws (which always do exist in these replicas). If you want to start calling people out for raising a genuine discussion point then it defeats the purpose and puts other members away from raising their points - which are equally as valid as yours.

i for one appreciate your keen eye

i do have some reservations about red-lighting an otherwise perfectly fine watch, given that some of these flaws (like the 3) seem present in the entire release, but i agree that the half the point of discussing the release is to find and share these sorts of things

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There have long been numerous font size and spacing anomalies on gens in the bottom two lines of text. Rep makers are just copying gens exactly when you see this on a rep dial.

jjbdK2.jpg

Some more examples

The first three words start with an oversized letter, the fourth word does not.

Most of the E and L letters are taller.

The spacing is uneven in the last 4 letters of CHRONOMETER.

The C in OFFICIALLY is too tall

The F and D in CERTIFIED are too tall (along with the previously mention Es)

Why did Rolex do this? Who knows. Some have speculated it to be an anti-counterfeiting measure. There are some variations in these anomalies and I've seen them not present on some gen dials. Also they are more commonly found on Sports model (now called Professional model) dials.

Last edited: