• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

sam.rollie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/18
Those aren't speed bumps bro. Those are join lines and will be present on all two piece inserts. The join lines won't vary significantly from one sample to the next, what can vary is how visible they are both in pics and IRL due to lighting and angle of view.

These are speed bumps

ZC1LlR.jpg

Join lines can be obscured better than what rep factories do with a paint mod, but I've never seen a stock rep two piece insert that I couldn't find the join line on if I look closely enough in the right light.

ROF insert before and after a quick touch up paint mod. It was claimed that VRF and ROF used a CF Pepsi insert also. So it's probable the CF insert join lines will look similar to the ROF (pre-paint mod) in certain light at certain angles.

ZuyBOX.jpg

Got it.. appreciate the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It’s still disappointing about the visible join lines on this release. The insert is one of the most important features of this watch as it totally defines the model. It’s the only thing that can’t just be replaced with a gen part as they are impossible to get.

Would love to know what the process is that they are using to create these inserts. The join lines on the rest of the insert look perfect so what are they doing wrong… must be the process used for the engraving after the insert is fused This must be a weak point and chipping away edges when milling. You can tell that the surface texture once the coating is done is different on the blue side to that of the red side so the two materials are slightly inconsistent and end up with a different finish.

I Might try filling the joint lines with a ceramic putty and refinishing before getting the platinum coating redone.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
so wait, on the gen there is no join line, because on the gen the insert is manufactured as just a single piece and not two pieces fused together? is that correct

Lew

3/7/21
so wait, on the gen there is no join line, because on the gen the insert is manufactured as just a single piece and not two pieces fused together? is that correct

Yeah, pretty sure on gen they paint it all one colour then paint half afterwards.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Yeah, pretty sure on gen they paint it all one colour then paint half afterwards.

They aren’t painted it’s the colour of the actual ceramic or zirconium or whatever ceracrome which is a fancy name for a highly compressed powder based material lol. There are articles shared on here about the process Rolex uses and it’s basically two different materials of the same base fused/heated at over 1500 degrees at the same time with an addition of a softener at the join to help the fusion under high pressure and temperature.

I highly doubt the rep factories are using the same process lol. Maybe a standard forming process of zirconium oxide which is also used for creating ceramic seals for bearings on fluid pumps and other industrial equipment… these are made on a large scale so not a prestige technology

Reactions: KJ2020

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

Yes as stated above. Unfortunately dies and materials used to create a colour may be different or behave differently under the conditions of manufacture. An example is acetal or a polymer, when
It’s manufactured as a base (white) the ductility of the material is better than when a die is added to change the colour of it. To change the acetal to black a die or chemical is added which actually changes the machinability (chip rate) of the material…. Makes it softer

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
I found it on the app using ‘clean’ as a search and then choosing one of the top completed options. Choose the one I’ve circled and then click on his hulk icon and it will show all his videos.

Good instructions. Found it easily before realizing others shared the link!

Reactions: Replisimio

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The very first QC pic, you can see how it will be.

jZQFn3.jpg

It's worlds better than what we've had in the past, I don't think we should expect much more than this. It would take a quantum leap for bicolor rep inserts to be made in one piece.

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I think these Pepsis are great. Looking at the cases - thank you KJ2020- they seem a fair approximatiion of the 126710.
I think the ROFs are great too. Which are perhaps more c/w the 116710.
These are probably more consistent than the ROFs.
I could lilve with either.
these are small watches on the wrist. I wear a GMF BLNR a lot with the ICHS and the slightly raised crystal and the 1 graphic on the bezel is not quite correct and the rehaut is misaligned ..... and you know what? I don't see it.

Tiltbox

16/6/21
Yeah I imagine the rep inserts won’t do this under UV light…

7f7d379d0f488dc8564972559cdcdc46.jpg

Reactions: Pietros

Tiltbox

16/6/21
This is a genuine bezel in Uv lighting. Because the bezel is made as one solid red dyed piece first the blue is then made I guess mixed with the red, when you shine the UV light on it it only shows the red in the bezel due to the way UV reacts with these colors. This is a pic I stole from somewhere else because I’m too lazy to get up and take a picture of mine under UV. My genuine Pepsi does the same thing. It’s interesting in any case.

pirate949

Known Member
Certified
24/1/20
United States
This is a genuine bezel in Uv lighting. Because the bezel is made as one solid red dyed piece first the blue is then made I guess mixed with the red, when you shine the UV light on it it only shows the red in the bezel due to the way UV reacts with these colors. This is a pic I stole from somewhere else because I’m too lazy to get up and take a picture of mine under UV. My genuine Pepsi does the same thing. It’s interesting in any case.

Very interesting. Mine and a friends CF pepsi are both on order from Jtime. Now we just need to find a someone who works in CSI with access to these lights :p

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Very interesting. Mine and a friends CF pepsi are both on order from Jtime. Now we just need to find a someone who works in CSI with access to these lights :p

i imagine a $2 UV flashlight off aliexpress will do

Reactions: repreg123

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
No QC for me yet, I guess Mary is being extra picky!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
No QC for me yet, I guess Mary is being extra picky!

Much more likely that CF aren't releasing them to the TD's... certain TDs get priority. Likely due to pricing arrangements and previous relationships. Opposed to your TD being 'extra picky'.

Reactions: repreg123