• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Yes man the wears are obvious and I really can't understand how they occurred compared to all the other samples we've seen so far in this thread.

I would have asked to see if it wiped off as it could be adhesive as it’s unlikely to be scratches. When you asked me earlier I was on my phone and couldn’t clearly see those marks. Sorry about that buddy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
I would have asked to see if it wiped off as it could be adhesive as it’s unlikely to be scratches. When you asked me earlier I was on my phone and couldn’t clearly see those marks. Sorry about that buddy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries at all! Even if that could be rectified, my OCD wouldn't accept the different 3s :)

Reactions: Replisimio

Darkbil

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/21
Have anyone got QC for the 116710 BLNR? Does someone know when TD's will get the Batmans?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
By looking at all the date wheel flaws it makes me wonder if this is really a VR movement.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
No worries at all! Even if that could be rectified, my OCD wouldn't accept the different 3s :)

I think the white spots around the insert are fibers from white gloves. Ceramic doesn't scratch like that, and in fact rarely scratches at all. You CAN scratch it, but it becomes more of a slightly different shade scar of the same color, in a straight line from the offending implement. A scratched aluminum insert could look very much like your pics but there is no white interior color in a ceramic insert, they are solid color throughout. A ceramic insert forced into a bezel well with that much force would crack well before chipping dozens of little pieces off. I believe a few dabs with Rodico would remove all that white debris.

I totally get your position on the serial number 3. Personally I think it's kinda cool. I would view it as a factory defect, which sometimes even Rolex makes. I guess you wouldn't be up for wearing one of these, lol.

Z5AdI8.jpg

Double Nine Gonzo!

https://timeandtidewatches.com/a-mod...-up-to-the-9s/

Hope you get a better one next time bro, we all have to meet our own criteria. And we all have some things that are dealbreakers for us that are different from others. No point in buying something that bothers you just because someone else would.

Last edited:

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
I think the white spots around the insert are fibers from white gloves. Ceramic doesn't scratch like that, and in fact rarely scratches at all. You CAN scratch it, but it becomes more of a slightly different shade scar of the same color, in a straight line from the offending implement. A scratched aluminum insert could look very much like your pics but there is no white interior color in a ceramic insert, they are solid color throughout. A ceramic insert forced into a bezel well with that much force would crack well before chipping dozens of little pieces off. I believe a few dabs with Rodico would remove all that white debris.

I totally get your position on the serial number 3. Personally I think it's kinda cool. I would view it as a factory defect, which sometimes even Rolex makes. I guess you wouldn't be up for wearing one of these, lol.

Z5AdI8.jpg

Double Nine Gonzo!

https://timeandtidewatches.com/a-mod...-up-to-the-9s/

Hope you get a better one next time bro, we all have to meet own criteria. And we all have some things that are dealbreakers for us that are different from others. No point in buying something that bothers you just because someone else would.

Yes hopefully - quoting others that say another batch will come soon as first one isn't as good - next one will be better! It might arrive together with the batman as Li told me. But what if instead of glove fibers it is a defect from the polishing tool? Like, maybe they polish the insert around and they somehow messed up with the finishing and as a result it's lots of tiny scratches?

Jokes aside about the AirKing, I'm pretty sure collectors out there will pay hefty premiums to own one with flaws! It will be in the same category as the APH Daytonas, 6542s and spider dial subs etc.!

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
B]But what if instead of glove fibers it is a defect from the polishing tool? Like, maybe they polish the insert around and they somehow messed up with the finishing and as a result it's lots of tiny scratches?[/B]

No chance bro. If you weren't already rejecting otherwise, and as a general practice I always ask for issues like this to be cleaned off and get a new pic.

I see this exact scenario regularly on my ceramic inserts because I am obsessed about keeping them clean. It's the same thing with the area around a cyclops. Those areas are dust and debris magnets and sometimes take 3 or 4 attempts with various techniques (lens cloth with solution, lens brush, rodico, etc) to become pristine.

Last edited:
Reactions: vipstyle888

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
KJ2020 any intent on picking one of these up? Even if it is just to fiddle with the new VR3186. Really interested in the new movement and CFs rationale from switching to the reputable VR3185 to the incremental changes of the 3186.

Personally, I'm waiting to see QCs for the BLNR. Still seems to be the best option out of the box without mods imo.

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
someone on Reddit pointed out that the oyster is covered in every qc.has anyone seen the oyster text yet?

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
someone on Reddit pointed out that the oyster is covered in every qc.has anyone seen the oyster text yet?

I think it's normal since all watches are showing 10:10 for the "smiley" marketing purposes. I don't think there's something off with dial lettering.

RL1924

Certified
28/9/19
Accepted mine as well, flaws or not I'm not one to notice.
8ac4efa3264ec3b2e7af86e9ecacf647.jpg
a18649617153b890b1e8af6303d7c491.jpg

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 any intent on picking one of these up? Even if it is just to fiddle with the new VR3186. Really interested in the new movement and CFs rationale from switching to the reputable VR3185 to the incremental changes of the 3186.

Personally, I'm waiting to see QCs for the BLNR. Still seems to be the best option out of the box without mods imo.

I would love to tear down one of these new movements, but I have two orders out for multiple watches already and I have three 6 digit Pepsi"s already so I can't really justify it atm. If it's based on the 3185 like its predecessor, and has the 3185 jump click, it should be just as good. I cannot imagine that the maker would change the single most important part in a stellar rep movement to something less reliable. But I've been surprised before so we'll see. If the GMT hand wobbles during hour jumping, it's a 3185 jump click. If the hour jumping is weak with an imprecise hour hand movement, it's a 3186 jump click.

Reactions: JonathanLing91

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
jZxXPD.jpg

jZxdSk.jpg

Happy with my QCs so I accepted the watch. For a 500 dollar watch I’m happy to accept the small flaws in an otherwise great looking piece.

This initially looked like the serials weren't the same (one starting 7369, another 735D) but on closer inspection, it's just less than clear pics. Looks like a good sample.

Last edited:

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21

Happy with my QCs so I accepted the watch. For a 500 dollar watch I’m happy to accept the small flaws in an otherwise great looking piece.

I think this is the best example I've seen so far! Good catch!

KJ2020 is it a camera trick or is the GMT hand hole surround bigger than the hour hand? My eyes have gone crazy today all day after seeing so many QCs over this thread that I get the impression that gmt hand sits at the bottom under the hour hand lol