• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21

Even though many people say that red in insert still looks brownish, I believe in natural light it will be much better than noob versions.. Also, I cannot see any bumps on the transitions.. I agree that case looks fatter but I don't think anyone will notice unless there's a gen next to it.. and I also think that on oyster bracelet it won't be noticeable at all. Crystal is ok and LEC not as visible as in other factories. 9 o'clock marker doesn't look crooked as in previous example. Minutes hand is obviously shorter and gmt hand slightly longer. What might bother me a bit is the rolex crown in between "swiss made" being bigger than gen. Still waiting for my QCs on both BLNR and BLRO and I hope both pieces are as good as this example!

What matters is all mentioned flaws are good for some and bad for others. Each to his preference! Just remember that if something is slightly noticeable on QCs, it's not visible at all on the wrist unless you keep your hand close to your eyes being picky and OCD about every small detail!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
A fat case I can mill, that doesn't bother me. It's a bit of work but no more than the noob daytona. I'd actually much rather that than one that's too thin, and like KJ2020 says, the meat is in the mid lug and that's actually the easiest part to work.

Every new gen I've seen in the wild I thought was fake because the insert looked brown :D so I'm gonna reserve judgement on that til I see it in the flesh.

The bigger issues for me are the hands and dodgy dial. Thankfully I have a gmf v3 dial and set of arf batman hands so at least I can swap the minute hand. The gmt hand isn't bad enough to bother me.

Shame it's not quite perfect. I'd thought about getting an ROF ages ago but lack of consistency put me off. Regardless none of the issues with the CF are deal breakers IMO. Haven't had my QC off Mary yet anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vipstyle888

Known Member
18/2/19
Hong Kong
VG87 100% man! And yes, the color is miles better the Noobs. I took screenshots of the video Lana sent me with different lighting angles for the insert. If only I could upload the video here I would for everyone to see.

Reactions: BOSSK and Tione12

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
I received my QC pics a few hours ago. Being that I just woke up a few minutes ago, I'll have some coffee and review the pics several times this morning before making a final decision. I sure wish that I had the discerning eye that some of you folks have. lol

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I received my QC pics a few hours ago. Being that I just woke up a few minutes ago, I'll have some coffee and review the pics several times this morning before making a final decision. I sure wish that I had the discerning eye that some of you folks have. lol

You can post your QC's as they are educational right now... we've only seen 1 set of QC, would be useful to see another.
Just don't ask for "general feedback" irony is, you'll get it anyway :p

ssouthall6

10/10/13
The CF thicker looking lugs is largely due to the lack of the mid lug inward curve.

Shown next to some actual gens.
jZTjCK.jpg

It'll be clearer side on IMO. But like I said in the previous post and like you alluded to earlier brother, it's an afternoon of fun (or a day of cutting my fingers to sheds hoping I didn't take too much off!)

I actually like working any case anyway. It never feels like a proper project unless you've got at least one over polished area!

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
I want mine. Now!!! :(

Patience is key. :) I know it's hard, but that's one of the biggest pieces of advice that I've read about time and time again on this forum. Along with not quoting someone and including ALL of their pics in the quote. These threads can get pretty long as it is. lol :p

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
The more pics I see, the more the wrong bezel profile is bothering me! and insert fitment is too flush as well. It might not bother most but it does me and I know it’s a rep and all that but it’s a shame they didn’t do that better for the Pepsi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Uhr70

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
I sure wish that I had the discerning eye that some of you folks have. lol

Nah, the rep world is the only World I think the term ‘ignorance is bliss’ is a lovely state of being (mostly) :thumbsup:

That insert is easily the best rep Pepsi insert I’ve seen though. If cleans history of subtly adjusting their cases over time, we may see a great example for the more discerning member too, but for most this looks like a very nice option as a whole.

I can’t wait for some in-hand member shots incoming weeks!

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
VG87 100% man! And yes, the color is miles better the Noobs. I took screenshots of the video Lana sent me with different lighting angles for the insert. If only I could upload the video here I would for everyone to see.

Maybe you can just upload the vid on your google drive or vimeo and share the link? It would be much appreciated...

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Can we guys agree that gen 126710 comes with fatter lugs?? I mean check this picture taken from rolex.. If that's the case then CF made a great example!

c05066b9441df5900bbbb756f1e0bf04.jpg

That's not a picture, it's a 3D rendering, it's known how these renders are totally different from the real thing, especially the ones found on Rolex official website

Reactions: Fervid