• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I think KJ’s photo does show there is a very slight difference and this is due to how the case is machined near the lug tip but the photo also shows how minimal this is. I noticed this initially as well but not enough to really care. I had the gens 126710BLNR jubilee and 126710BLRO jubilee on my bench for a couple of days last month, they were both from different years and the lugs side taper looked slightly different from each other to me also. It’s all In the angle of which you look at the watch.
Look at the pics on Jtime site do the lugs look too fat there? Or are we seeing a different finished product from what was advertised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Personally I can care less about the case (to each their own). For me, I can’t stand crooked 9 o’clock markers. The QC above, as well as the 2 BLRO QC’s I received have them. That’s more annoying to me than anything else. Overall I think the watch is pretty nice, hopefully the bezel action is better than that of my ROF - as that too is something I can’t stand lol. GL’d them anyway. Hopefully can have someone adjust the marker.

You are right about the 9 marker bro but I think it might not be as bad IRL as it looks in some QC pics. If you scribe a line through the 15 and 45 minute tics and it doesn't bisect the center post, the watch is tilted. Its tilted forward in this pic, so the 9 marker top surround is illuminated more strongly than the bottom and the top right corner is lit more strongly than the top left. This can make the misalignment look worse than it is. I've had some markers look that way in some lighting environments that ended up not being a problem.

jZTh74.jpg

See if it looks less noticeable with the top surround evenly lit.

jZTewX.jpg

It's a shame if as you say it's on multiple samples, this would point to a batch issue on the dials. It isn't off much as you can see in my first pic, and can be fixed of course but it's a pretty big job for such a tiny flaw.

How to fix crooked markers - DIY

Last edited:
Reactions: RiffRalf and saucin

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think KJ’s photo does show there is a very slight difference and this is due to how the case is machined near the lug tip but the photo also shows how minimal this is.

True for many of us bro. For others it's a dealbreaker. That's why we beat these things to death so there are no surprises when they arrive. You could put those lug curves back on in an afternoon anyway. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Uhr70 and mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
True for many of us bro. For others it's a dealbreaker. That's why we beat these things to death so there are no surprises when they arrive. You could put those lug curves back on in an afternoon anyway. ;)

Hahaha most likely ;)
See how it looks in hand when it arrives. The pics on Jtime site looked good so hopefully it’s not as bad as we are thinking

Reactions: KJ2020

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
mnkoshka I don’t think we have the material to machine the bezel lip. If we were to machine the ring we would be lower than the bezel insert and it would look worse.

Reactions: Replisimio

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You know that wasn't a dig at you at all, more an observation in general. On the other hand I do think duckber is just argumentative for the sake of it

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I know bro, it's all good.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020

still getting used to noticing this case shape, luckily we have experts such as yourself with hawk eyes that can spot this from a mile away. what’s the general consensus in this case? is the arf case closer to gen than the CF? my franken for reference. might consider buying a CF and swapping it in an arf case if thats the way to go?

jZTzGv.jpg

I wouldn't fool with your ARF LN bro, especially if the SH3186 is running well. Enjoy it for what it is as long as you can.

I still like the Noob V10 - V12 as the most gen-like 126710. All V10s and all BLRO cases had 2824 CHS timebomb movements so for a good Franken with a true clone movement, use a Noob V11 or V12 BLNR or LN.

Clarkent GMF is a really nice case shape too

jZTfgX.jpg

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
mnkoshka I don’t think we have the material to machine the bezel lip. If we were to machine the ring we would be lower than the bezel insert and it would look worse.

I will definitely have a look once in hand. The top bezel angle of the BLRO compared the BLNR is also different once this angle is achieved it reduces the scallop depth as well which is what’s needed. Once that’s done it’s literally 0.01 off the hight for the flat ring area. This could be compensated by facing the inside surface of the bezel by 0.1 also which would give the crystal the same 0.1 in extra hight. It may be easier to get a bezel from another factory but we’ll see.

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

malfa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
17/8/09
Conus
Is the newer vrf gmts with the cf inserts a better gmt at this point?

malfa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
17/8/09
Conus
Is the newer vrf gmts with the cf inserts a better gmt at this point?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Here’s a pic of the noob behind the CF pic off Jtime site. The noob lugs transition looks even fatter than the CF haha a once again photos are useless

Reactions: vipstyle888

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
Agreed bro. Some folks aren't that particular about these details though. Plenty of ARF Subs with boxy lugs are still being sold. Few people seem to mind. We all live in Fantasy Land after all.

Yes Friend!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk