• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
I hope everyone shitting on the new CF GMT is just bored and messing around... I do have a pre order for the CF batman coming, and you guys are getting to me. smelly shitters

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
jZQFn3.jpg

Overall this is a worthwhile offering IMO. Many of us like to point out flaws, this is useful discussion in case there is a dealbreaker flaw that might steer some folks away from this choice.

Some things I see on this first QC, some have been mentioned.

The lugs are a little fat and lack the subtle mid lug inward curve that the gen has.

The CG outside edges are angled inward too much.

The rehaut is not well done. There is inconsistent spacing, and letters not aligned with minute tics. Look at the R at 40 and the spacing differences between X-R and L-E at 15 - 20.

The insert has a lighter red color at the crystal than the outer rim (halo effect). Some Noob inserts had this appearance, I've not seen it on a VRF or ROF insert. It's also not mounted perfectly recessed, and you can see a join line at the transitions.

The bezel lacks the thicker Pepsi inside rim next to the insert.

Minute hand is too short.

All of these flaws can be easily accepted by most "normal" buyers.

On the plus side the dial and hands look very good. The rectangular hour markers and triangle have nice rounded corners. The datewheel looks OK and the crystal may be usable OOTB if you aren't ultra picky. The insert transition points are spot on.

The movement is an unknown yet but *should* be as good as its predecessor, the VR3185.

I think this offering is a decent choice if you're in the market for one and don't have a close competitor version already.

the "slim" case of 126710 is FUNDAMENTAL in the model in question, it is an extremely visible detail that makes it very different from 116710. this looks almost like the case of a 116610 or in any case of a 116710. this you see in the photo is the case of my 126710 BLNR with bezel arf and vr3185 taken from a GMF V3. look what a huge difference ..
ac8bd08ffcfbaf597b262f0be31c9aad.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I mean Clean is on their 4th iteration for their 116 subs.

They'll have a decent Pepsi in a year and a good one in two

Last edited:

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
The PHAT case is too much for me...

Damn, this release had so much potential

Personally I can care less about the case (to each their own). For me, I can’t stand crooked 9 o’clock markers. The QC above, as well as the 2 BLRO QC’s I received have them. That’s more annoying to me than anything else. Overall I think the watch is pretty nice, hopefully the bezel action is better than that of my ROF - as that too is something I can’t stand lol. GL’d them anyway. Hopefully can have someone adjust the marker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I wouldn't judge the bezel colours until in hand. Digital cameras talk alot of shit when you point it at a Pepsi bezel.

Reactions: Gheffo76

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I didn’t see too many complaints about the fat case when the prototype pics where added at the start of this thread or was that just a gen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I wouldn't judge the bezel colours until in hand. Digital cameras talk alot of shit when you point it at a Pepsi bezel.

On top of that, the bezel lip that's missing really does make it look weird. Visually the CF Pepsi is akin to someone missing eyebrows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Replisimio

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
the "slim" case of 126710 is FUNDAMENTAL in the model in question, it is an extremely visible detail that makes it very different from 116710. this looks almost like the case of a 116610 or in any case of a 116710. this you see in the photo is the case of my 126710 BLNR with bezel arf and vr3185 taken from a GMF V3. look what a huge difference ..
ac8bd08ffcfbaf597b262f0be31c9aad.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Agreed bro. Some folks aren't that particular about these details though. Plenty of ARF Subs with boxy lugs are still being sold. Few people seem to mind. We all live in Fantasy Land after all.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
KJ2020

still getting used to noticing this case shape, luckily we have experts such as yourself with hawk eyes that can spot this from a mile away. what’s the general consensus in this case? is the arf case closer to gen than the CF? my franken for reference. might consider buying a CF and swapping it in an arf case if thats the way to go?

jZTzGv.jpg

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I appreciate kj2020s knowledge as much as the next guy and have called on it many times. But sometimes knowing flaws is like finding out how a magic tricks done. You think you want to know but in the end it just
Ruins it. Ha

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

He really needs to stop his moaning eh?