• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Lew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/21
Helps having a 43” monitor! Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost wish I never joined this forum ????‍♂️

Whenever I see someone complain about something in QC I can never really tell what's wrong myself. So now you lot are making me worried I'm gonna buy an expensive rep but get a poor quality one without realising because I don't have an eye for it!

The insert is the whole bezel/ring right? What are you seeing that isn't fitted correctly? Even with your circles I can't see it ???? although admittedly I am on my phone screen.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.

Whenever I see someone complain about something in QC I can never really tell what's wrong myself. So now you lot are making me worried I'm gonna buy an expensive rep but get a poor quality one without realising because I don't have an eye for it!

The insert is the whole bezel/ring right? What are you seeing that isn't fitted correctly? Even with your circles I can't see it ???? although admittedly I am on my phone screen.

The insert is not fully pressed into the steel bezel and looks flush or raised at certain points. Early preview pics showed the insert nicely recessed into the steel bezel but this one is not that. Just have an eye fo4 these things lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lew

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
Almost wish I never joined this forum ????*♂️

99% the issues we note here are absolutely "transparent" for the rest of the world.....i try to take the best rep on the market to see it on my wrist and please me, don't care about what others will see...someone will note a nice, colored watch, and others may think "wow, the new pepsi, cool".....maybe one or two, with a very very good sight, will discover the deception....one or two, no more, mate.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

Don't worry your wrist is smaller than a 43" monitor

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
99% the issues we note here are absolutely "transparent" for the rest of the world.....i try to take the best rep on the market to see it on my wrist and please me, don't care about what others will see...someone will note a nice, colored watch, and others may think "wow, the new pepsi, cool".....maybe one or two, with a very very good sight, will discover the deception....one or two, no more, mate.

You forgot the time axis. One or two in 5 years…

Reactions: Neon and dharma

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Just hoping this CF Pepsi isn't going to be a timebomb of big disappointment since everyone has so much expectation for it in the past few weeks

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Just hoping this CF Pepsi isn't going to be a timebomb of big disappointment since everyone has so much expectation for it in the past few weeks
My advice don't read Reddit or here if your easily influenced to be disappointed. I read people's opinions but at the end of the day they're just that.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Tiltbox

16/6/21
Anyone have a Reddit link to his post? Sorry Tapatalk multi posting and saying it’s not posting. I saw you said it’s deleted.

Last edited:

tlabowski01

Known Member
4/9/19
Anyone have a Reddit link to his post? Sorry Tapatalk multi posting and saying it’s not posting. I saw you said it’s deleted.

I have the same issue with tapa. It’ll say there’s an error when trying to post. I just hit cancel and it posts anyway.

This Pepsi from CF looks great though. I personally wouldn’t have rejected that watch because of the case or insert. It’s a $500 rep that looks great and allegedly has a stable movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lew

3/7/21
I have the same issue with tapa. It’ll say there’s an error when trying to post. I just hit cancel and it posts anyway.

This Pepsi from CF looks great though. I personally wouldn’t have rejected that watch because of the case or insert. It’s a $500 rep that looks great and allegedly has a stable movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah looks perfect to me to be honest. I wouldn't notice that level of detail without you lot pointing it out!

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
also for me this pepsi would have no visible flaws. for me it is of a unique beauty.
and then badly that should go, in case of unbearable defects on the wrist, just send it to your trusted watchmaker.

for me too it would have been megagalactic GL in 3 milliseconds

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
jZQFn3.jpg

Overall this is a worthwhile offering IMO. Many of us like to point out flaws, this is useful discussion in case there is a dealbreaker flaw that might steer some folks away from this choice.

Some things I see on this first QC, some have been mentioned.

The lugs are a little fat and lack the subtle mid lug inward curve that the gen has.

The CG outside edges are angled inward too much.

The rehaut is not well done. There is inconsistent spacing, and letters not aligned with minute tics. Look at the R at 40 and the spacing differences between X-R and L-E at 15 - 20.

The insert has a lighter red color at the crystal than the outer rim (halo effect). Some Noob inserts had this appearance, I've not seen it on a VRF or ROF insert. It's also not mounted perfectly recessed, and you can see a join line at the transitions.

The bezel lacks the thicker Pepsi inside rim next to the insert.

Minute hand is too short.

All of these flaws can be easily accepted by most "normal" buyers.

On the plus side the dial and hands look very good. The rectangular hour markers and triangle have nice rounded corners. The datewheel looks OK and the crystal may be usable OOTB if you aren't ultra picky. The insert transition points are spot on.

The movement is an unknown yet but *should* be as good as its predecessor, the VR3185.

I think this offering is a decent choice if you're in the market for one and don't have a close competitor version already.

Last edited:

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
Just last month folks were complaining about how the red was “too brown” and how it was a disappointment. Now that it isn’t as brown as we thought, there’s more things to complain about.

For $500, this is a great rep.

…always something to complain about.

To the folks complaining about “rehaut”, don’t buy a VSF Submariner…your head will explode.

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
Many thanks, as usual, KJ2020....you have THE EYE, no more to say......i will wait my Qc Pics and will enjoy my watch with his flaws....if i will fall in love with this reference, i could upgrade it following your indications, otherwise you will see it in M2M at the end of summer... ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Holyshieeet the pepsi is sexy!!! Good overall, great halo effect. This is so good.

Reactions: KJ2020

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Are they using the 116 Submariner case for the GMT?? Those lugs don't look right at all :rolleyes:

Can't say there's much to praise about for this. Pretty much everything is off. Pass

Last edited: